Who is the one player you would HATE to see the Jets draft in the 1st?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PRPitbull, Apr 19, 2006.

?

Who dont you want us to draft

Poll closed Apr 29, 2006.
  1. Matt Leinart

28 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Vince Young

49 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Mario Williams

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. Jay Cutler

41 vote(s)
    20.2%
  5. D'Brickashaw Ferguson

34 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Vernon Davis

41 vote(s)
    20.2%
  7. AJ Hawk

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Top 3 answers all QB's :lol:

I chose Cutler...Davis would be my 2nd pick though.

2. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

If the Jets draft Vernon Davis I will lose all faith in the coaching staff.

3. JetGuru

JetGuru New Member

no OT

This one's easy - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

That would be a waste of the #4 overall pick.
    We can get a good tackle with the #29 pick, or our 2nd or 3rd rounders.
    But we can't find a Matt Leinart or Vince Young outside the top 5 overall...

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

agreed with many, I dispise cutler, don't realize what he's done to warrant a
    1st round pick much less top five. All the others, while they don't all fit a position of need ( davis), or are a sexy pick(D'Brick), they would at least help to upgrade at that position.

D'brick = instant starting tackle

Young = qb with potential, yes i understand many feel young could be a bust, but i think in the right system young will tear up the league, is that system ours? i have no idea.

Leinart= leinart is smart and he has won the big game at the college level, with all of that talent around him but were they making him better, or Vice- Versa?

Davis= amazing potential and insane physical freak when's the last time we had even a decent tight end? much less a great one? that's what i thought

Mario williams= the instant replacement for John Abraham, would had some giant shoes to fill, with out immeadiate stellar play would get eaten alive by the NY media.

A.J. Hawk = maybe the best LB to exit college in a long time, chances are he'll be better than our own Jonathan Vilma. could you imagine the tandem ? Barton Vilma and Hawk..... that imo would scare offenses and keep coordinators up for late at night... and if we drafted Manny Lawson at 29..... our front 7 would be unstoppable...

Say what you want about these 6 but you cannot say they don't have what it takes to make it in the league and that their college play did not warrant them a first round grade, much less a top 10 one. Cutler has done nothing to warrant a top round grade, much less a top 5 pick.

IMO my ideal first three picks are

1A. Hawk

1B. Manny Lawson

2. Nick Mangold/ Max Jean Giles/ Marcus Mcneil

#24 nyjetsrule, Apr 19, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  5. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

I wish I could have voted for multiple people.

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Chris Baker in 4 years in the NFL has 52 receptions 602 yards and 5 tds
    but yet hes gonna have a great seaon i dont see it somehow trade down a get Vernon Davis or get marcede Lewis in the 2nd round.Just because we have te's on our team doesnt mean that we cant choose one on the 1st day in the draft.Our te's arent starters.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Vince Young in a landslide. Then Leinart. Both are busts waiting to happen.

I don't see Davis as a bust, but he is a wasted pick. Brick isn't a wasted pick, but I don't particularly want him, especially at #4.

I'll take any of the other 3 in the following order of preference: Williams, Hawk, then Cutler (though I prefer Croyle later this year, and Quinn next year.)

8. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Vince Young

9. JCnflies

JCnflies New Member

Brick because we can get more later. Let's get Mario or Hawk or Leinert if the FO thinks Leinert is the real deal.

10. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Young, Young or Young......Anyone but Young!!!

11. rmallazzo

rmallazzo New Member

no more first round tightends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 rmallazzo, Apr 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2005
  12. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

well it was D brick but lately im been warming up too D brick.. so i would have to say its vernon davis

13. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

Jay Cutler first and then D'Brick. Cutler has always been a loser in college even with his apparent skills and that will transfer over in the NFL. He played in the SEC and most of the schools he went up against have good defenses and he did not do anything spectacular. The analysts keep talking about his last game against Tenneessee but their defense and team was horrid last year after their captain Jason Allen got hurt.

Cutler is the disinformation the JETS want to throw around. Even Mel Kiper came to his senses and sees Cutler as the third best QB behind Young and Leinart. D'Brickashaw Ferguson please, I said enough about him already he just is hype, he's not physical and can't run-block for crap, and thats not an ideal top 5 pick LT.

#33 Richiebsweet, Apr 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2005
  14. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I find it hilarious that almost everyone who posted in this thread based their opinion on the player busting WHEN THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED A DOWN IN THE NFL!!

Please tell me how Vince Young is a bust? Because he has a funky throwing mostion? Or is it because of the ridiculous comparisons to Mike Vick?

Or explain how we don't need a TE? Is this a joke? What the hell has Baker done? Or Jolley? Hell, the only TE we DO have that might be decent enough is Dreesen, and as of now, we have no clue. Vernon Davis has the potential to be an IMMEDIATE impact on whatever team drafts him. With Pennington, Ramsey, nd Brooksie as our QBs, we need as many quality targets as humanly possible. And let's face it, our WRs aren't exactly HoF bound, people.

On to Jay Cutler. Same applies here that appkied to Young. Fact is, nobody knows how that whole situation will work out. He may come in and be a total freaking stud. You people have no idea if he'll bust or not. He has the physical tools to be an excellent, franchise QB. So did Peyton. ANd so did Ryan Leaf. Jay Cutler could turn out to be either. As of now, nobody has a clue.

I could make an argument for any player on that list as an excellent pick. They might not give the best value at #4, but that doesn't mean they would be a bad choice.

15. NYJ-E-T-S 2006

NYJ-E-T-S 2006 New Member

16. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Cutler, he is the lowest rated of all of those draft picks and does not warrant a top 5 pick.

17. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

If you get a chance read this article about Cutler also if he did nothing spectacular then how did he win the SEC's offensive player of the year on a 5-6 team!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2006-04-18-cutler-cover_x.htm

18. kingdavid88

kingdavid88 New Member

vince young.. a bigger faster stronger micheal vick... theres no denying his talent its just starting him right away would make him horribble you give hima few years under a solid coach he might wind up being better then leinart and cutler. i think cutler has gotten it done but has been over hyped

19. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Marcus Vick, that would piss me off :lol:

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Looks like Mario Williams might not be the pick that would make the most fans happy, but he would upset the least amount of fans.

So yet another 1st round pick waisted on a DL that can't stop a runny nose.