ESPN2 just reported that Jagodzinski will be fired if he interviews for Jets job

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsNation06, Jan 4, 2009.

1. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Really, Who Is This Guy? A Sports God Of All Coaches?

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

A nice place to get your foot in the head coaching door. It worked for Tom Coughlin and Tom O'Brien. Academic restrictions and crowds would have trouble competing with some Texas high school games will forever limit the allure of B.C. for top coaching talent.

My guess is that Jagodzinski didn't have any illusions about his chances at the Jets job, but wanted his name to start circulating the rumor mill for NFL coaching replacements. You can do that after exceeding expectations. If he tanks next season, his NFL aspirations take a step back. Maybe it's not such a bad gamble for the guy. Worst case would be he winds up as a coordinator in the NFL under one of the new head coaches, making just shy (or just over) $1 million, and financially he'd come out just about even.

3. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Maybe...not sure...If he is,he won't be after a year with the Jets

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

he probably has a good lawyer standing by.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He'll be Geniuszinski in year one and Jagodzidiot in year three.

6. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Why are the mods allowing people to post that "he has been fired" when there is no supporting documentation at this time for that conclusion--I don't get it.

7. JetGreen

JetGreen New Member

:rofl:

What about Jagodziboobs, Jagodziballboy, and Jagozistupid?

Seriously though, we need to give time to whoever we hire. Knowing the front office though, that won't happen.

8. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Jagodumbass......Jagodouchbaggy

9. Sundayjack

You'll appreciate this. I called a Boston College booster friend of mine to break his stones this morning. He's a big Notre Dame booster also, so I get a two-fer. This guy's working theory is that Jagodzinski is trying to line himself up for the Raiders job. The more I thought about it, the less crazy it sounded. (1) Al Davis (supposedly) hires only offensive-minded head coaches. (2) He likes grabbing them young and cheap. (3) There aren't many NFL people willing to walk into that stinkhole. And, (4) Jags willfully went on an interview for a job he seems unlikely to get, knowing he would be fired. The theory is that he does want out, and he does want an NFL job, but his eyes are focused somewhere more westward.

An interesting theory.

10. abyzmul

So he's willing to skip the Geniuszinski Period and go straight to the Jagodzidiot Phase? Sweet.

11. Sundayjack

I'd interview for the job just for the pleasure of got at it across the negotiating table with Amy Trask. She's the only thing worth a pound of pancake makeup and silver face paint in that whole damn city.

I'll bet she could field dress the hell out of a moose, that's for sure. . .

12. abyzmul

Field dress? Is that fancy talk for changing Al's diapers?

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I hope the Jets aren't just giving this guy a token interview. I mean he put his job on the line if he goes through with it.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

This is a huge mistake by BC if it were to happen. They better hope the pug they promote from within becomes their greatest coach of all time (he won't) because they will never get any big time coach to come to them in the future again.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

clearly he wants out of BC regardless. once your employer gives you an ultimatum, it's time to move on anyways. luckily, he'll get paid to leave and get another job. it's win-win for him.

BC will be stuck always trying to hit pay dirt with an unproven coach, who'll more than likely bolt again once his stock rises.

16. Sundayjack

When have they EVER had a big time coach? The only coach with some kind of name was Dan Henning. Coughlin was a wide receivers coach for the Giants and formerly an offensive coordinator in the Flutie era.

Jags has not been fired yet, by the way. But this is a good business move by very savvy business people. They've struck gold on just about all coaching hires except Henning. Ironic.

17. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

if BC actually fired him for interviewing, I would love for the Jets to scoop him up as the offensive coordinator under Rex Ryan as the head coach... my ideal scenario

18. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

This move reeks of something Tannenbaum / Woody is doing to appease Favre.

19. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

The guy is a good coach. I'd be really happy with him on the staff in some capacity.

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This is the first thing that entered my mind when I heard about BC's threat and that the interview was going forward. I hope I'm wrong because I can't take another wasted year with Favre. Unbelievable.