The Jets released the 2nd most valuable player in the NFL!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cinvis, Jan 2, 2009.

1. njjet

njjet Member

Guys Mangini did not like Pennington . So that's why they released him. It had nothing to do with ability. What would Farve have done in-back of last years OL???? He had a decent OL this year and through 22 INTs.

Pennington is a class act ... and deserved more from the Jets.

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

i wish we never let him go. O well as long as Favre is gone next season i'll be happy. But we are going to lose to Chad Pennington 2x a year for the next few years. Think about that

3. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

good for Chad he deserved it

4. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

You are telling me Jets could not afford to pay him 3.5 mil, which Parcells did? I don't buy it. Maybe Pennington would even take less if we offered to restructure. He took significant pay cut in 2006, so he was known to sacrifice for the team. But this option was never on the table. As soon as we got Favre, Chad was released very same day. Just shows you lack of thinking on Woody's part and knee jerk reaction, which is apparently all the guy can do, as indicated by firing Mangini also.

You get 39 year old QB, who had a 5 months lay-off, missed training camps, and only signed for one year, and you bet the farm on him, when you can keep a good back-up QB for a reasonable price, who would not only be insurance this year, but also a year after, when Favre's contract expires. And this is after Celemens went 5 TDs and 10 INTs in 2007. At least Chad compiled solid 86 rating with 10TDs and 9INTs that year with horrendous OL. This was not horrible at all. As far as 1-7 record, well, Favre has better record than Philip Rivers, so what? Chad was decent last year, on a bad team with no OL. But his ratings speak for themselves. And a year before he led us to play-offs, winning comeback player of the year award. Look, Chad was a good QB, with good reputation around the League. Not a star, but a good starting QB. These are not easy to come by - just look at our options now!

Do you know when Chad was released, 6 teams were interested? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Pennington) 6!!! And we just gave up this asset for nothing in return. Allowed him to sign with the division rival no less. Look, Woody made a dosastrous mistake here. I just don't see how you can look at what happened and deny that. Woody failed us by his stupidity and (lack of) thinking, which reminds me more of knee jerk reaction of a fan rather than decision making of NFL club owner.

5. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by harts24
    1st of all 1/4 of Chad`s TD`s were on trick plays. His 3 long passes against us were under thrown,the wr`s had to make ajustments! Chad`s done what he`s always done-manage games without turning the ball over. IT`S TIME TO MOVE ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blevins, you're definitely right with regards to Chad's game against the Jets. How can anybody claim that the TD throws were underthrown? If you are trying to make that arguement you are simply barking up the wrong tree. Those TD throws were put in perfect spots where only the WR / TD could have caught the ball (and they did make great adjustments).

However, even though I believe that trading Pennington was a mistake I'm not sure that he deserves the MVP award over Peyton. It's hard to knock Peyton considering the Colts great finish winning 9 straight.

6. pete cofran

pete cofran New Member

Too bad Chad jabbed you in the gut today. lol

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Yeah, by 28 votes, and he was tied for 2nd

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

mvp voting is a joke. your telling me not one defensive player was as valuable as manning was this year?

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

4 Interceptions when his D was actually playing great. Sucks for Chadwick and his widdle arm...

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Do you still doubt it now motcrue4 wherever you are? :breakdance::breakdance::breakdance::breakdance:

11. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Both Penny and Dan Henning used to work for the Jets. Which one would you rather have back?