Have a question about Farve injury??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Good for him, I could not care less about what he did for Green Bay, he sucked for the Jets, and Green bay was a Legendary franchise way before Brett Favre and still would be even if he never existed.

Sorry he's not in the Brady, Manning, Montana, Elway, Unites, Bart Star class, he hurt is team on the field just as much as he helped them, they did not!!!

2. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

EVERY QB has downsides, however, contradictory to your own incorrect beleifs, Favre has done much more good then bad.

3. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

At Bats: 8398 Strike Outs: 1330 Batting Average: .342 On Base Percentage .474

Tell me more how that is bad and how he leads the history in strike outs or multiple strike out games, like Favre does in picks, and multiple INT games.

Please I'm waiting.................

4. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

He cost his team just as many big games as he won them, and he is the leader of negative statistics for his position to prove it.

There are several QB's I would take over him in a heart beat, and if you are honest you would agree.

5. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Injured Since Oakland! It just goes with his wing and a prayer toss , this guy is unwilling to play within the role of a Team orientated QB. He's concerned with his consecutive starts and he probably told them he was sore and thought it would work itself out. Cant prove it , but that's my take.

6. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Good take.

But he did have an MRI during the season that showed NOTHING!!!

7. Mr Potato Fro

Mr Potato Fro New Member

The fact that the packers even had a chance to try to make it into the superbowl last year was all due to Favre. Ryan Grant and the running game didn't even develop until halfway through the season. Favre pretty much carried the team and made stuff happen for the first 9 games.
    So yeah, he threw a game ending int in OT. But without his performance in the first nine games they would have been lucky not to have gone 7-9 anyway.

8. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Nobody is disputing that Mr. Genius, but he also THREW THE GAME AWAY, you know the one that ended their season!!!

So he was great for his team all year then with a chance to win and go to the super bowl, he was the final dagger in the season!!!

He has lost just as many big games as he won them, if not more then he won them!!!

How was he in the super bowl that he lost???

#48 Jaded Green, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  9. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Honest? You're the one who is throwing out opinions as if they were facts. The Packers got honestly nowhere since the Lombardi Era until Favre came along. HE lead that team for 16 years, 3 MVPs, and 9 Pro Bowls don't lie. He takes risks no other QB would take, and yes they have consequences if they don't come out favorably, but if they do work out, Favre gets results you don't get in any other QB. How's that for truth?

10. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

I totally agree, but there have been several QB's that got better results without the RISK/LOSS so in my book that "you don't get in any other QB" comment is bullsh*t.

And in no way am I stating opinions as facts, there are plenty of stats to back up what I have said and you know this.

Sounds like you agree he costs his teams games which is what I was saying.

I know Brett Favre WAS great for Green bay, I never disputed that but he is not in the same category as guys like Brady, Manning, Montana, Elway, Unites, Bart Star, and most football minds agree.

What he did in green bay means nothing to me I am and always have been a Jets fan, and I would not root for another team no matter who left us.

#50 Jaded Green, Dec 31, 2008
  11. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

And you call me not honest? Where the jiggle do you get these "facts".

EDIT: And why don't you name some QBs you say are the same as Favre.

12. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

What are you talking about?

There have been several QB's that got better results without the RISK/LOSS so in my book that "you don't get in any other QB" comment is bullsh*t.

And in no way am I stating opinions as facts, there are plenty of stats to back up what I have said and you know this.

Sounds like you agree he costs his teams games which is what I was saying, if you are asking me if there has ever been a QB that has made as many stupid mistakes as Brett, then no I don't have any.

I know Brett Favre WAS great for Green bay, I never disputed that but he is not in the same category as guys like Brady, Manning, Montana, Elway, Unites, Bart Star, and most football minds agree.

What he did in green bay means nothing to me I am and always have been a Jets fan, and I would not root for another team no matter who left us.

#52 Jaded Green, Dec 31, 2008
  13. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Allot of questions left unanswered here, no big surprise really, well I got to run.

You'all have a Happy New Year, you hear, YEEEE HAAAWWW!!!

14. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Funny how you don't pick up on the excuse after excuse threads and posts that I am responding to. SHOCKER!!!

No I hardly post here, I don't need attention on a message board, I get plenty in the real world.

I only come around here and post like this when there are a bunch of apologists and excuse makers for one guy, when there was nothing but blame and ridicule for another for the same thing.

It's actually the whole double standard thing, that gets me going, don't worry I get sick of the double talk and I leave just as fast as me regurgitating it for a couple of days will get you sick.

By the way nice green bay avatar you got there. [​IMG] and did the 5 million noodle arm threads and post bother you at all???

#54 Jaded Green, Dec 31, 2008
  15. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

No. What JG doesn't know is a lot.

16. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Dude seriously...

Why even bother posting? At this point, you've become a bit of a joke

17. Jayboker

Jayboker New Member

Farve looked alot like Vinny Interceptaverde out there this season didn't he.

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The only thing Favre hurt, is our chances to win.

19. keypusher

keypusher Member

Amazing? Really?

He was terrific against Arizona, Tennessee, New England (2nd game), and St. Louis. He was horrible against Oakland and Kansas City. In other games he was OK. In short, he was "amazing" in the first 11 games only by comparison to the last five.

Judge for yourself.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00_games.htm

Also, as per the chart posted by harshreality, Farve has faded late in each of the last four seasons, hurt or not.

20. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

Ok I'm gonna try this again, hopefully your brain function will improve enough to see that I have bolded the same phrase I was speaking of before.

And I find it funny that you can't prove me wrong because you haven't named any QBs who have the great mentality and abilities that Favre has.