Jets want Favre decision by Combines

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

www.jetsdaily.com

#1 Jetfanmack, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Love it...none of that pravaricatin' packer poop...and I swear,if he cries this time...

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I suspect that they will be on top of this. At the end of the day he played badly down the stretch, so it's not as interesting as it was a year ago, even to Favreites. If he retires, he retires, if not he doesn't. We don't have an obvious heir, but we're not dependant on him. It's really a decision that will affect very little in the long term.

4. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

i hope he decides to leave and lets us know once and for all by the end of this month

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

You kiddin me. Favre's gonna take 6 Months before he decides.

6. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

Favre Away

i hope he decides to leave and lets us know once and for all by the end of this month[/

7. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

i quote myself beacause somebody has to

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Favre's coming back. He's not retiring.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm with you.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Favre had to work on his arm strength and accuracy this off season if he wants to come back...not sit at the ranch all day eating boars

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I want his decision by Friday.

12. NYJ4LF

NYJ4LF Member

I agree. Especially if we do get Cowher. I believe that would be a selling point for him to stay on for one more year.

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Good move, if true. Two months should be plenty of time.

On the other hand, I wonder what would happen if he DOESN'T let them know by the Combine. No dessert?

14. JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB

JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB New Member

No more half hearted shit! That's what Favre is right now. If you're considering retiring then you are already half way out the door. Everybody knows this. EITHER you are willing to break your back with everybody from the very beginning with the offseason workout program, ota's, training camp, team meetings, plus your own individual offseason/inseason work with the coordinator and recievers to learn the whole playbook (no more paired down crap and changing shit to accommodate you you effin' premadonna) and develop better chemistry, plus 150% effort, enthusiasm and obedience (and even then we have nothing more than an interception machine...) OR take a walk fool. We don't need you.

15. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I agree. If he comes back, it has to be because he wants to work hard and be involved in the whole off-season thing. If he wont dedicate himself to that 100%, then just stay home. No half-assed shit.

16. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Why would you want Favre? Anybody who watched the games knows that Favre was a major part of the problems.

What coach wants to be saddled with a salary cap sucking, 40 year old quaterback who just 22 freakin' interceptions?

Bill Cowher did just fine without prima donna starting quarterbacks. In fact, he had great success with mediocre QB's. Bubby Brister-Neil O'Donnell-Kordell Stewart-Tommy Maddox. Maybe Cowher would like a young stud like Roethlisberger, but Favre doesn't fit what Cowher wants in a QB.

17. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

Favre hasn't taken a game off in eighteen years and a couple of you have the absolute nerve to "talk about Dedication".

18. Traveling

Traveling New Member

I really don't see him coming back. A new coach, a new system, and his shoulder breaking down? I can't see any incentive for him coming back.

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

No.

If people were actually paying attention, they'd know that Favre wasn't a major part of the problems, but his performance was a result of the major part of the problems.

But whatever. I guess it's easier for the majority to simply herd along with whatever the "sports journalists" tell them.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

That is ridiculous, especially your last point. I don't need to "herd along" any sports journalists to know what I saw by watching the games. I saw Favre as a major problem for the Jets this year, his performance isn't debateable.

I hope this is an ultimatum, if he hasn't made up his mind in a fair time frame then they are moving on.