Worst Jets End to a Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pennythetowelboy, Dec 28, 2008.

?

Worst Collapse??

1. Doug Brien misses 2 FG in Pittsburg

54 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. Mark Gastineau Roughing the Passer

8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. Fake Spike...and collapse that followed

7 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. The Brett Farve Era

21 vote(s)
    20.4%
  5. Vinny gets hurt...1999 season goes to shit

13 vote(s)
    12.6%
  1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

The Denver game for me..

To me, the pain is directly proportional to my expectations and that Denver game was the springboard to a Super Bowl...

Winning a Super Bowl this year was a pipe dream no matter how it looked earlier to some...

And with that Brien Kick, I still didn't see Super Bowl as clearly as after Denver.

Honesty - Thi sloss isn't killing me - I get the Irony with Chad and all but, to me, this was a 4-12 team that needed a miracle and had 1/3 new starters - That rarely if ever happens - This team would have gotten a bat down in the playoffs.

To me this game isn't even in the same stratosphere as Denver.

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

But, in reality - It's pretty tough to see anf eel the Superbowl in week ONE....

Every season is along grueling war of attrition...

Again, I can't compare that season to Denver..

And I don't blame Farve much for this year as much as bad coaching and not adjuting or taking advantage of matchups.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So was I....... I'd say this poll shows the age range / fan tenure of the board.

'86 was worse. They started 10-1, before their collapse, but then started to right the ship in the Playoffs. They already proved they could beat Denver by doing it earlier in the year.

If the JETS would've beaten Pitt, the would've lost to the PATS.

This year was pretty bad though!

4. Blanda

Blanda New Member

That game was a disgrace

Yesterday clearly was the one of the worst football games I have ever seen.
    There is no longer any pride left in the NY Jets lockeroom. Unless Mangini is fired we are heading to an 0-16 season just like in Detroit, he was never qualified to be a head coach, maybe as support staff like in N.E. but not head coach material.
    Favre on 2 occasions + threw the ball directly to opposing players, regardless of the fact that NE was going to the playoffs had we won, that game was a DISGRACE to all NY Jets football fans. The dolphins will be One and Done thats assured. That Jets team yesterday couldnt have beat Detroit.

5. Bosko

Bosko Guest

This poll is interesting but losing a playoff game is not a "collapse." A collapse is when a winning season is underway and a team loses enough games to fall out of contention. A collapse is when a team mails out playoff tickets and then fails to make the cut. This season was a total collapse. The Jets fell apart after they beat the Titans.