Woody Johnson no-comment on Mangini's Future.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #17 with a bullet, Dec 25, 2008.

1. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Nothing new just interesting to hear that Cowher is rumoured to be interested.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

I could see myself being a Cowher fan if he came here...he reminds me of a more experienced, older, probably wiser version of Mangini anyway.

I just don't get the big deal about him being a must have...he won't be as hungry as someone like Mangini or Spags (my favorite replacement candidate)....and hunger is a big deal in the sports world.

3. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but atleast he would be hungry enough to rip someone a new asshole after they screw up. You think he would put up with shitheads like Coles? or the complete sucking of Bryan Thomas? He's not gonna be standing on the side lines chewing gum with his arms folded and not saying a word..thats for sure.

4. danaaprildarren

I liked Cowher as a coach for the Steelers, the biggest difference that I see in him and Mangini is the passion. Cowher was very animated on the sidelines and showed a lot of emotion in the game. I just wish Mangini would at least flinch or blink or something.

5. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Or at least spit his chewing gum out.

6. JetsLookingforDWare

Bill Cowher didn't smile and folded his arms too much too. He lacks passion for the game.

See how easy it is to make shit up from kind-of truths. Yes, Mangini chews gum and folds in the sidelines...no, that does not mean he doesn't discipline his players. That doesn't even make sense, but it's getting fairly common to read here.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

No mistake about it, Mangini is definitely playing for his job this Sunday, lose and most likely you will be shown the door

8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Forget the whole discipline thing. Lets just get a coach who makes adjustments. I'm sick and tired of watching this team get off to a fast start then fall flat after half time.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

10. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Huh? Cowher was very passionate, and he did smile. If a player screwed up but made the right play, they'd expect a lecture, he'd give them one and then smile and just pat them on the back. This was caught on tape for Ward during the SB run I believe.

Cowher's a great coach. No guarantee he does well here, but you can't knock the guys credentials and resume.

11. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Yeah, but now you're saying Mangini disciplines his players without any proof yourself.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Mangini talks the talk about running great practice sessions, but none of it shows on the field. I'm sure Woody is as tired of this shit as we are.

13. JetsLookingforDWare

Huh? Wasn't there a complaint on this site at one point that Mangini was TOO tough on his players?

A lap for each penalty...and I don't even know what else but even that's more proof than what's been offered by the "he doesn't discipline" side.

Cowher was famous for his no smile thing. I'm not saying he NEVER smiled on the field cause that'd be ignorant as fuck of me to assume that...but it used to be like a game when the Steelers were on TV to check on him once in a while and see if he might be smiling. Thats right...Cowher Smile Watch used to be an actual TV event during NFL games...not officially titled of course...but he was not one known to smile.

14. D. JETSon

D. JETSon New Member

Mangini's biggest mistake last week was NOT bringing in Teddy Atlas

15. East Coast Defense

East Coast Defense New Member

Win or go home...just like the Giants did with Coughlin a couple of years ago. If he wins, he gets a one year extension because you do not want to have a "lame duck" situation. Regardless of playoffs or not. Lets see if this team has any faith in Mangini. It's a foregone conclusion that Sutton is gone (like Tim Lewis). And they probably need to make an in house switch on the offensive side of the ball (Callahan or Daboll).

16. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

There was another coach by the name of Rich Kotite who I think may be better than Mangini even though he won only three or four games in two years. He was ahead at the start of the fourth quarter in about twenty-two of those games and yet he ended up losing all them. Mangini tanks big time at the start of the second half, at least Kotite could hold the lead into the start of the fourth quarter.