An Open Letter to Ed Hochuli

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by firemanedjr, Dec 7, 2008.

1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

The holding call on Leon's run was a downer; but, that is not why we lost. Unfortunately, bad calls are a part of the game. Yes, I even think the helmet to helmet collision on Brad Smith and no call was bad, too. Still, the calls are not why we lost. We literally played like we were in a fog yesterday. There just seems to be no spark on the team right now. I could understand the loss to the Broncos, but the loss and poor play against the Niners was just horrible to watch.

Realistically, when you play like we are currently, we just do not belong in the playoffs at all; we would be wasting a berth.

I could see the season ending with the following records in the East:

Miami 11-5 Div Champs
    NE 10-6 out of playoffs
    Buff 9-7
    Jets 9-7

2. gunny

gunny Banned

I suppose it's now a:

Dear NFL,

We signed Brett Favre, the savior, how are we not in the playoffs? We beat the best team in the league. We thought we were good. The proceeding 4 weeks since that lucky win we have been crap.
    We've always been crap to be honest, but we needed you to make the calls for us. We have Brett Favre. If you let us win the Superbowl we would have changed our name to the New York Bretts.

Seriously NFL, what's up? We need your help to win because are simply not good enough to make to even beat Seattle...or the Raiders.

Signed,

All Whiny, arrogant Jet fans.

3. Bipolar The Titan

Bipolar The Titan New Member

lol gunny. I should have known you would have already been here.

Since downing the Titans the mighty jets have dropped three of the last four! lol! But never fear... the Jets are losing to quality teams... like Denver, San Francisco, and Seattle...
    let's have a little fun with math, shall we?

w/l

DEN - 8-7
    SF - 6-9
    SEA - 4-11
    combined record- 18 - 27 :wink:

dayumn! hahaha! .400 winning percentage :rofl2:

Proverbs 16:18
    Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

you need to remember that.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Five weeks later, assclown Titan fans still come here smarting over a loss.

The Jets suck, but they beat the mighty Titans. You guys are one and done in the playoffs. You heard it here first.

5. Bipolar The Titan

I'm not smarting over our loss. I'm laughing at the Jets subsequent misfortune. Aside from that, I come in peace. I am just making "the Turk" and "the Menace" wear it by dropping by occasionally and rubbing it in. According to those guys the Titans were supposed to had dropped to the WC round by now and the Jets were supposed to be in command with a cinched division and a first round bye. Now I suppose the Steelers don't count as a real team... even though they have the leagues best defense and stand ranked #2 in the conference...

but it's all good. Notice two weeks ago I wished you luck to bounce back against Buffalo... which the Jets BARELY managed to do... bitter people don't say stuff like that... In fact.... if the Jets somehow manage to beat the Dolphins which at this point I am surly doubting... and find their way into the post season... which I am not entirely sure is even possible anymore... but should it happen I will ROOT for your team to advance for I would love to have the opportunity to see the Jets dismantled at LP Field.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Your on a Jets board, making fun of the Jets...

Go away.

7. Bipolar The Titan

Understand the proper usage of the word you're. It is a contraction, or a combination of the words you and are. Okie dokie?

lol. (seriously just kidding around)

man, lighten up a bit... I'm not even approaching "making fun" of the Jets... and I'm getting tired of reiterating my purpose and reason here... I'm not saying anything in a disrespectful manner... I'm only reminding "Turk" and "Menace" of what loud mouths they are... and how woefully wrong their proud assertions turned out to be. I can't help but show the combined record of those opponents that just beat the jets over the course of the last month. All I read on the Titans message board from those guys was that the strength of schedule of the Titans opponents... narrow wins... bs.. all kinds of bs explaining away Titans wins like they were a fluke... and now with a cotton candy soft December schedule... The Jets have become the new Miami Dolphins. Shall I go on record and predict another December meltdown for Gang Green next year? lol... ok, ok... that kinda borders on making fun... but brother... if you walk in the mud you track it into your house. I may be a metaphorical stain on your carpet but your little troll posters brought me back like some kind of pestilence. And I am not one for disrespecting others or insulting people's heritage. I am articulate and know how to conduct myself on a forum in a manner that is in line with prescribed rules... If you want to get off the Titans/Jets crow pie topic... we could find that we're not altogether that different and can be friends.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Then shut the fuck up and go away and stay there, dipshit.

9. Bipolar The Titan

now I am amused. You're being hateful... calling me names... meanwhile I am wishing you MORE luck to somehow rebound so your team may have the opportunity to prove to me once and for all that the Jets are indeed a better team than the Titans in '08... just like so many of you guys were saying a month ago.

You know, I should go find the Fins/Pats topic here... maybe I should prove my legitimacy. I'm sorry. I am not the kind of person you are building me up in your mind to be. I'm a Tennessean. We are simple God fearing people. Full of compassion and love for our enemies. :wink:

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

We know the Jets have lost to terrible teams. Just look at this board today. You come here after another great Jets collapse. One that we were all to familiar with to needle some guys. Great. You just picked the wrong day. Those fans you speak of, perhaps they were just excited, as we all were, about beating an undefeated team. The Jets were playing GREAT at that time.

We know the wheels have fallen off. Reading your comments doesn't make it any better.

11. Bipolar The Titan

I have an immense amount of respect for you upon reading that.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Apology accepted. NOW shut the fuck up and go away and stay there.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Stop blaming the refs for the teams collapse. Give the Titans credit for bouncing back and beating a very tough Pitt team to control their destiny. We deserve our lumps, every dog has their day, ours was in 1969.

14. Bipolar The Titan

Fail...

I think i will just leave the Titans/Jets topic alone...
    Animosity draws me like a moth to a flame.
    You're hatred compels me to post more.

I'll just move along to another topic

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

:drunk::rofl2:

Good one. Yes we have had our time in the sun. Time to let some other fans have fun.

Can't win em all!:rofl2:

16. Bipolar The Titan

you sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

17. winstonbiggs

I'm such a gentelman I'm not even upset that TN stole our teams trade marked name. The least your organization could do to recognize your roots to the Oilers energy days is to put a wind mill on your helmet.

18. Bipolar The Titan

lol. a windmill! that's funny!

more like a hydroelectric dam and a uranium atom! That would be a little more accurate... given the history of FDR, the New Deal, TVA and Oak Ridge.

I really don't know what exactly the deal is with the old name "Titans"...

It's AFL and that's cool. It's something we share. It doesn't seem that much different than the Texans and Chiefs... as Dallas was AFL back in the heyday. I'm kind of miffed about the idea that it's "stolen"... I don't see how it could be used without permission. Trademark is trademark.. If it's trademarked permission must be sought. I assume it was. I have never been able to find any evidence proving it either way. I assume it's all on the up and up.

You say it was stolen. I think it was donated. It really doesn't matter.

However, you bring up a point about roots...
    it's there actually.... just like Lagordia Airport...

http::wink://nashville.about.com/od/historyandsites/a/NashHistXline2.htm

and of course the Titans are of Greek Mythology....
    and Nashville built The Parthenon which stands as the centerpiece of Centennial Park. It is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens. It was built in 1897. So, in reality, the name although borrowed is apt.

19. winstonbiggs

Great response! Have a Merry or a happy or whatever and congratulations on the letter from the commish. You know the reason they chase the chickens and play the games, it's for the letter from the Commish. Frame it under glass.