Fire Mangini?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 21, 2008.

?

Fire Mangini

1. Yes

86.4%
  2. No

13.6%
  1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

If you think Herm was a better coach than Mangini than you have a short memory. Herm was the worst game-day coach in the history of this franchise.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

My answers are in Bold..........

3. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

really? I dont see it that way...i dont know how long you been a jet fan, i can name lots of coaches who were worse than herm.. Mangini, Kotitie< Coslet, carrol, walton pretty much every coach besides Parcells. Al groh was only hear on year so you don tknow how that went, but that team also had a late season collapse.. i seem to r ember herm having us in the playoffs every year Pennington was healthy?

4. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Did mangini throw all those picks?

5. hazmat

hazmat New Member

But you know that on all of those personnel decisions that Mangini is seating right next to Tannenbaum? I doubt they are making decisions without both agreeing.

6. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I've lived through all those guys and while they were all bad (especially Kotite and Coslet), but I don't think anyone mismanaged a game worse than Herm. Kotite was the worst all-around coach, but on game day, no one could f**k it up like Herm.

7. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

maybe.. herm was not perfect at all.. I think flat out hes a better coach than Mangini.

8. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Get rid of him and take Favre with him! WTF! are the Jets ever going to be a better team or do I have many years of pain in my future!

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Let me answer with a youtube!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1TxiVhrkZA[/YOUTUBE]

10. nyj4ever

nyj4ever New Member

I think Mangini should stay....although the decision to NOT kick the field goal was a bad one....the players the last 4 weeks have looked as if they have nothing left and are playing for nothing. I went to both the SF and Seattle game, the players looked flat. They did NOT execute, and didn't seem to care....

Perhaps a miracle will happen next week, but who knows. Starting 8-3 and then limping along at 1-3 to a 9-6 record should get a coach fired, but not in this case....one more year with "his" players....then if we "fail" again, can him!

11. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

This might surprise people, but I voted for firing Mangini.

12. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

mangini is cut from the same cloth as willie randolph. utter lack of experience, but a "dynasty" pedigree, attempts to hide ineptitude behind a stoic, stern demeanor on the sidelines, attempted emulation of mentor without any concept of why they were successful, the list goes on. maybe if the fans and media really start riding mangini he'll crack like willie and make some sort of embarassing racial comment that leads to his dismissal.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Mangini totally blew it. How do you lose to Seattle, Oakland, San Fran and SD and expect to make the playoffs. He needs to go.

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Actually I see this as all the fault of the CS. We lost to horrible teams regularly. That lies squarely on coaching.

Fire him? My knee jerk reaction is yes, but again who the hell wants to go through another process of rebuilding?

The team spent 140M to get beat by teams that dream of being .500. Something is fundamentally wrong there. Both coordinators need to go. Useless....both of them. Mangini is far from impressive at this point and for all the good things he's done, this pretty much negates it.

Unreal.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You answer your own question. Why fire him? Because we constantly lose to inferior teams. That won't change by keeping him.

16. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

That is what I'm talking about.

I would rather have Groh back.

17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Bump for more votes

18. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

If the team plays flat and loses to Miami, I think Mangini could be gone. A tremendous collapse after Favre and the high priced FA were brought in.

19. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I don't care who it is, if it's Bill Cowher or some other young coordinator, I don't care. But this team needs a change

20. Blanda

Blanda New Member

Do you all know how much money the idiots in the Jets front office spent on this team?
    Hoping they could get a playoff berth? They are the laughing stock of the league, and deep in the hole. The only way for that buffoon Mangini to keep his job is for us to beat the Dolphins and pray for a Ravens loss. Imagine siting back and watching Pennington in the Super bowl? Im gonna be sick..........