***The Official 2008 Playoff Scenario Thread***

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Snappy, Dec 16, 2008.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

LOL, why don't you just either use the yahoo playoff scenario generator given in this thread OR read the Playoff scenario breakdown also given in this thread?

The answer, by the way, is YES.

2. slimjasi

Excellent Post. Although, I think I gave a fairly good argument for why I will not be too upset if Baltimore manages to pull an upset this saturday night.

3. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

So we probably face Denver if the Colts lose this one..Don't know how i feel about that.

4. slimjasi

No, there is NO CHANCE we face Denver in the 1st round as long as we take the division. (And if we don't take the division but get into the playoffs anyway, we'll very likely be the 6th seed and not have to play Denver who is almost definately going to get the 4) Why? Because Denver will be the AFC West Champ, and thus, BY DEFINITION, will get one of the top 4 seeds. (Obviously, because of what their record is, they will get either the 3 or 4 but, almost definately, the 4)

What I just wrote is assuming Denver holds on to win the West. (If they end up blowing the division to the Chargers by losing their last 2 while San Diego wins their last 2, then they will be 8-8 and won't be in the playoffs anway - in this case, San Diego would be the 4 seed instead of Denver)

5. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

So if I've got this straight based on the earlier posts, this is what is left for the Jets with Baltimore and Indy winning:

To win the Division

1. Jets go 2-0 to finish 11-5

2. Jets go 1-1, beating Miami and losing to Seattle to finish 10-6

And New England loses to either Arizona or Buffalo.

To win the wildcard

Jets go 1-1, beating Miami and losing to Seattle to finish 10-6:

A Baltimore loss to Jacksonville (assuming NE wins both remaining games)

I hope they can pull out a win tomorrow and not have to rely on anyone else (cause we aren't getting much help from other teams)....especially since there is no path without a win against Miami anyway. Go Jets.

6. jasperk99

jasperk99 New Member

I like scenario #1 the best thank you very much!!

7. jasperk99

jasperk99 New Member

delete

#127 jasperk99, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  8. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I guess scenario 0 will do because neither scenario is happening!

9. noname

noname Banned

HAHAHAHAHA! jetsies suck! suck! SuuuCCCKKKKKK!!!!! hey leon you suck too:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Only way to get in now:
    JETS WIN
    &
    Balt or NE lose

12. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Soo here's the question: Do you want the game to be flexed next week? Because you could know that a win and your in, or you could know that it doesn't matter anyway.

Or would you rather play not knowing so u play hard?

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I would prefer flexed so I know going in if we are playing fo anything but i like the jets playing at 1pm

not an issue now since 7-8 SD will face 8-7 Denver for the west title and a home playoff game -- makes you sick that the Cards and one of those two make the playofs

14. Blanda

Blanda New Member

Snappy is Prophetic

Wow, who would have thought that Favre would look all of his age plus some near the end of the season? More than half of Favres passes were thrown short, and on top of it all we have to beat the "Chad Pennington" led Miami Dolphins just to save face in this league. Can you belive the guy whom we cast off could be heading to the Super Bowl?

15. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

so baltimore won't have the tiebreaker over us if they lose?

16. jigglebilly

jigglebilly New Member

I find this situation strangle funny, which seems to be the single flaw for the jets: Brett Favre threw some bad passes in the game against seattle. then there was 2 minuites to go. He knew this was a chance for the playoffs. He looks downfield he fires. IT"S PERFECT!!!! wait no, it's like the football is a fireball, and Coles is a block of ice, he's bobbling and..... incomplete. Coles needed to be ready. He juts can't give up when other players haven't.

17. 1weekjetsfan

1weekjetsfan New Member

For the first time I wish the Jets will win...

If the Patriots beat the Bills, the Jets can still make the playoffs with a Baltimore loss. The next week the Jets as the 6th seed will come back to New England where they won last month. The Ravens play the same time as the Jets.

I want to do anything I can to help the Jets win. They have more talent than Miami and should win the game. Their biggest flaw is decision making. The Dolphins are winning this season by being conservative, patient and smart. They lead the NFL in turnover differential.
    Brett Favre ----Do not try and be a hero!!! Take what Miami gives you. Last month the Jets played better than any team in the NFL by running hard, short passes and being smart. They beat both the Titans and the Patriots. They can do it again.
    Use the Tight End. Against the Titans Keller had 6 catches for 42 yards.
    Against the Pats he was 8 for 87.
    Against San Fran he was 2 for 14.
    Against Seattle he was just 1 for 2!
    Hand the ball off to the AFC leading rusher at least 20 times and give it to Washington at least another 10. The Jets paid a lot of money to put together a large, devastating offensive line. Let them do what they were brought in to do. Run the damn ball!!!!
    Make Pennington try and beat you deep. Ginn is fast but he's not reliable to catch the long ball. Revis can cover him man to man. Pennington will take the safe pass every time. The Jets have to keep 9 guys short to medium range and close up all the passing lanes.
    Forget the pass on the Wildcat. 99% of the time the 'Phins run on that play. Treat it like a run and stuff it. When the Dolphins introduced that into their offense against New England it worked every time. They tried it a lot on November 23rd and it didn't work at all. Just stay in your lanes, don't over pursue and shut the run down. The Jets have a great run defense, trust it to work.
    On passing plays keep Richardson in to help with Porter. Joey Porter is a loud mouthed jerk but he's having a career season. He had 3 sacks up in New England. In Miami the Patriots kept a back and/or a tight end to chip him every time he got by the line. He did nothing in that game but throw a fit. The Jets can frustrate him as well. Richardson is one of the best blocking full backs in NFL history. He's smart and tough enough to take care of Joey.
    Watch Ginn on the reverse. The Dolphins have pulled that play off a few times and it stops now. Keep at home, don't over pursue the run.

That's really it. If the Jets can win the turn-over battle, they'll win the game.

Go Jets!

18. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Throw this thread out