Final Pennington vs Favre Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Favre is better than Chad, always has been and is today. As you can see by Chad's success in Miami, the problem is not with Chad or Favre but with our coaching staff and the inability to call effective pass plays. Could also be a problem with our WRs - it's hard to tell. Either way, Favre is better - we just didn't use him well.

2. FinFanInCali

FinFanInCali New Member

Should be a great game this weekend. I am looking forward to it. It is great to finally see Miami have the mental make up to play on the road and in the cold and win. This couldn't be possible with out Bill, Jeff, Tony, and most of all Chad. Best of luck this weekend.:beer: Merry Christmas!

3. GermanJetBerlin

GermanJetBerlin New Member

CP gets away from the Jets. Has a career year. A MVP-runner up comes in, alongside with a ton of talent in other areas. Has the 2nd worst year of his career. Explain to me, if that does not happen by desastrous coaching and gameplanning.

FIRE THE COACHES. BURN THE PLAYBOOK.

There cannot be any doubt, Brett Favre is the better QB. CP would have looked like last year. He was about ot loose the TC-Battle. Brett coming in that late, working out bfore with high school kids, has failed. Tell him to come back, prepare like he did in 2007. But before...

FIRE THE COACHES. BURN THE PLAYBOOK.

4. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Sorry but I disagree. The facts speak for themselves. Favre missed a ton of passes today. Say what you want about the coaching staff not using him effectively - Favre underthrew a lot of receivers today. When the games meant the most at the end of the year Pennington played well and Favre did not. Favre failed to get his team to score many points down the stretch of this year.

Has Favre been a better QB than Pennington throughout his career? Yes. So far throughout the current games in 2008? No not in my opinion. Now the last game of the season the Jets might see a miracle. The Pats could lose and Favre could turn it around and Chad could flounder (actually founder). However, barring that I believe that anybody that believes the 2008 Favre is better than the 2008 Pennington is fooling themselves.

And if you use the CS sucks arguement then I could play devil's adrovacate and say that Chad's pre-2008 "status" should be raised because he had to play under this CS and Herm Edwards tutelage.

5. 624

624 Banned

This isn't the NBA, one guy can't win it himself...sure Favre didnt have his best day but dont put ti all on him....what about keller? coles? schotty? the line...its on all of them Favre just happens to be our biggest name

6. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Agreed. However, when your the QB making the biggest bucks you're going to be the centerpiece of discussion - either positively or negatively.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Why is that Favre gets a pass and every other player gets blamed, but for the past few years every Jet loss was Pennington's fault???? Even when the OL stunk and the defense couldn't get off the field??? Give me a break!!! If Pennington could lead the 2006 Jets to 10 wins, he could easily have led this team to 11 or 12 games.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Dolphins are 8-1 in last nine.

Chad in his last 4?
    Opp-C-A-Total - TD-INT
    StL - 13-23-166 - 0 - 0 W
    Buf - 23-29-181 - 1 - 0 W
    S.F - 12-19-156 - 2 - 0 W
    KC - 26-34-235 - 3 - 1 W

6 TD's 1 INT in last 4 games? WOW!

Favre Last 4?
    Opp-C-A-Total - TD-INT
    Den - 23-43 247 - 0-1 L
    S.F. - 20-31 137 - 0-1 L
    Buf - 17-30 207 - 1-2 W (Luck)
    Sea - 18-31 187 - 0-2 L

1 TD 6 Int's!!!!

Isn't this "Crunch Time"?
    Isn't this where the HOF'er is supposed to shine?

Fuk this shit.
    EOS....
    Chad Wins!

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Dolphins will blow out the Jets...And then Mangini will blow Sutton!

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

This says it all. End of argument. Nothing that happened before this matters. Favre was brought in to win games like these and he has performed miserably. Period. Meanwhile, the QB that couldn't carry a team has done so in a big way.

11. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This is what I mean by Miami has better coaching why are we throwing all over the place in a snowstorm, we weren't far enough behind the entire game to have an excuse for this and thanks to that it exposed Favre to throw some of his horrible passes.

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

You know what - I think that Denver exposed Favre and now the league has figured him out, just like Oakland exposed Pennington in the 2002 playoffs. :rofl:

13. Traveling

Traveling New Member

Some people have pointed things out correctly. While stats do give you some general sense, they cannot give the whole story. The Jets as a team have done poorly. There were a few plays today where Brett underthrew the receiver, but there were a few plays where he put the ball right on the money and the pass was dropped (Franks and Coles for example). The team also lost the field position battle today. That falls on the defense for failing to force enough 3-and-outs.

You also don't know how Brett would be playing if he was on the Dolphins team. I have this same argument with Packers' fans. They will say how much better of a season Rodgers is having. I will point out that how do they know that Brett wouldn't have done better if he was still on the Packers? You don't because they are two different teams. Yes, Pennington is having a better season than Favre. But I would add that the Dolphins have a better team than the Jets apparently.

14. Todd14

Todd14 Member

The question I kept asking and no one has yet to answer...if all of us "Chad lovers" were so wrong and all the "Chad haters" were so right talking last year that Chad sucks and he is not our future...we bring in Favre (I knew he was NOT the answer)...okay smart-guys...who is our future QB now??????

I said at the start of the season that Chad has something to prove and Favre does not. It is called "drive and determination"...one man still has it and the other man no longer does. You could see this coming.

Maybe you have do be an "old" guy like some of us with life experiences to understand.

15. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

The problem is todays ute is all Flash n Dash, style Points
    Trade the farm for Bush..etc.

A TD is a TD. There are no Style points in winning.

16. Mr. Papagiorgio

Good post. That's my opinion as well.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Favre crowd? Besides the former Packer fans who invaded this sight the crowd pretty much roots for the Jets. When I see Pennington holding up the Lombardi in his Dolphin uniform I will say I'm wrong. Right now the Dolphins aren't in the playoffs yet.

There is no argument the Jets as currently constructed aren't a very good team. Management took a shot to make a giant leep and it looks like a fail and collapse of epic porportions. The team has been misierable down the stretch and it's not just Favre it's collective on both sides of the ball.

There is no doubt this team has been tight and out of position on both sides of the ball. They haven't looked confident or inspired. This team quit down the stretch and that's on the players and the management.

Jenkins was a bum down the stretch, Kerry Rhodes was awfull down the stretch, Favre, awful, Coles awful, Mangold was crushed today up the middle, blitzes weren't picked up. This team is a mess on both sides of the ball right now. Our D is actually worse this year than last year and Favre and Pennington don't play D.

We drafted at No. 6 a complete bust we turned a promising pick we traded up to get to a none factor after a break out stretch. There's a lot going on with this team that has little to do with Favre or Pennington. We had a great stretch on both sides of the ball. Denver broke down the tape and took it all away in one good film session. We haven't recovered and that's on more than Favre or Pennington.

This team is now officially rebuilding and we need a QB, that would have been the same with our without Pennington or Favre. This team isn't that good and a faded star or good game manager isn't going to change that.

18. sayuki

sayuki New Member

hi

if Chad was quarterback for this game he would win it! but I also think this is also problem with mangenius.

19. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

But, but, but, he has a noodle arm! :metal:

20. BigNasty

BigNasty New Member

Favre comes to Jets and greatly regresses from his previous year.
    Pennington leaves Jets and greatly improves from his previous year.

Coincidence ?