jets-sehawks weather forecast

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by semperfigreen, Dec 20, 2008.

1. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

From Seattleweather.com

Tonight...Windy...Snow...Heavy at Times especially west of puget sound. Snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches except up to 12 inches west of puget sound. Lows in the 20s. East wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph after midnight.

Sunday...Snow at Times in the morning...Possibly mixing with or changing to freezing rain and sleet. Showers in the afternoon. Additional snow and possibly sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Highs in the lower to mid 30s. Breezy with south wind 15 to 25 mph Decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

looks like its going to be a lot of nasty sleet and rain....Think they will have a lot of the snow cleared off by gametime....Would rather have snow then sleet/rain

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jets football. Show 'em whos boss. We need this baby. Rain, snow, whatever. Lets go.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I can see us moving the chains with plenty of ball-control... Jones up the middle and Leon outside, mixing it up with a short-range passing attack also. I expect Keller and Washington to come up big tomorrow. Keller has sure hands and Leon can make guys miss on a dry field. Tomorrow should be a piece of cake for him.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think slippery field conditions will hurt Leons effectiveness. Guys who use a lot of jukes can't real do that in slippery conditions. North/South guys tend to be more valuable in those conditions.

5. The Dark Knight

Might just have to use a POWER running game then.

[​IMG]

6. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Sounds like perfect weather conditions for Brad Smith to lateral the ball to someone.

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

This team plays like crap in bad weather conditions. (SF, Den games). Lets hope its just snow. We all saw how pathetic we are in rain....

8. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Let's leave the double reverse pitch in the backfield out of the playbook this time, thank you very much. Gotta hold onto the damn pill.

9. The Dark Knight

San Francisco was pretty much beautiful weather.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

If you consider a steady rain in the first half beautiful.........

11. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I like watching snow games, and i hope some snow stays on the ground here in NYC until Thursday. Can't remember the last time we had a White Christmas here. There is a chance of snow here for Thursday, too!

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Fuck. Weather is the great equalizer, and these conditions spell trouble. Shit.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It works both ways. Slippery conditions make LBs slower getting to the ball handler and half a juke sends them skidding to the side.

No, Leon won't be able to cut as sharp as he usually does, but even half that will be just as effective, IMO.

14. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

Jets should adopt the PO's slogan.

"Rain, Sleet, or Snow. We deliver!"

15. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

That's a great post, ha.

16. jetzfan

jetzfan Member

Jets should adopt the PO's slogan.

"Rain, Sleet, or Snow. We deliver!"

Just deliver the win baby.........

17. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Favre better not look all cold, like he did vs. Denver.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i really dont see it being a big issue. i am fairly confident they will have the field covered until game time and if it will do nothing or rain a little i dont see it being a traction issue at all. these field turf fields dry up pretty quickly with the water management they put in them these days.

oh wait thats right we play at 4 which would be 1 out there, for some reason i was thinking it was the night game. and then failed to realize its going to be 1 there when its 4 here :(

anyway i am still not too worried about the snow as they will have had the field covered although the sleet/rain could make things a little bit treacherous especially with the field probably frozen like a brick before hand by the snow and cold temps! i wonder what the temps have been there over the last week or so, a frozen field with sleet on it could be pretty treacherous.

19. Traveling

Traveling New Member

A lot of the game will rest on the defense. If they can get some stops and give the offense some good field position, the Jets will win the game.

20. Mr. Papagiorgio

Special teams will play a big part as well. If Hodges shanks some, we could be in trouble. We have to do a better coverage job in this game, too.