are we getting pushed to sunday night?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Dec 15, 2008.

1. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

if its got that much on the line, you better believe that the management discretion is in effect and us jet fans that will be there wont have booze inside. hide those flasks fellas

2. wonderboy24

wonderboy24 Member

Last time i was at a night game, it was 1 beer per person limit.

3. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

I didn't think in the last week of the season that there were any night games on Sunday or Monday because of the playoffs starting the following week. I might be wrong but that's what I thought.

4. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Never mind I just looked and found that they do have flex scheduling in week 17. Should've looked before typing.

5. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

we could actually be playing at 1pm, 4pm, or 8pm since the giants are sceduled for 1pm also and the Jets and Giants never play on the same time slot. So one of those games will be moved for sure.

6. ElleBlue

ElleBlue New Member

Jet Blue you need to chill too. Who cares if he didn't read through all the titles and top posted? People get way too uptight about common forum faux pas.

7. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Doesn't CBS have the right to protect 1 game a week from being moved to Sunday night. If so why would the let this game go if its for a division title.

Here's what I found on NFL.com
    The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.

So if they consult with CBS then I just dont see them letting this game go!

8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I forget why, but there is DEFINATELY some concrete reason why CBS cannot protect the Jets-dolphins game. I've heard it in multiple places that this game can't be protected.

I know a lot of people on this board are against it but, for all of the reasons discussed at length in this thread, it's a near certainty that the week 17 Jets-Dolphins game will be moved to primetime.

9. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

They cant protect a game in week 17. If this game is for the divison and playoff spot you can bet it will be the sunday night game so start planing on it

10. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

We will find out about the beer this sunday becuase the giants are playing sunday night

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Well my friend just called me and said he has 2 tickets, front row, $250 each(Which section I don't know, but I'll relay once I find out.) That is the easy part.

My mom works for the Marriott and can get us a room at $39.00/night with her Associate Rate. We'd stay at Lyndhurst Courtyard.

The problem, as always is Plane tickets. He said no ticket is less than $475.00 each, which is understandable considering the short notice and week between Christmas and New Years.

I got my end covered and I can get my Monday shift at work covered...Just a matter if he can pull thru!! I'm hoping!

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

it has nothing to do with having a life, it has to do with having enough courtesy to not waste people's time.

and thanks for admitting how much you read before posting, I'll bet you're a very informed fan...

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Ha. He is so annoying.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I wish it was a 1pm game.

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I think you are right, I don't think there was a Sunday night game in week 17 previous years. Unless my mind is going.

16. GreenMachine

There is this year. Even the NBC site has the game as TBD:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/25917587/?pg=18#spt_SNFschedule

SUNDAY, DEC. 28 - WEEK 17 (flexible scheduling)

Teams to be announced by NFL at least six days prior.

17. GeorgeCoztanza

GeorgeCoztanza New Member

Last year the Colts and the Titans played. Tennessee won to win a Wild Card spot.

18. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

We never drink inside the stadium in the winter, well not beer. Its spiked hot chocolate time.

Its going to be colder than cold that night. I just hope there isnt any precipitation. I will have to over prepare, like for the Denver game.

19. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

when the fuck are they gonna announce this shit im trying to make my plans this is rediculous.

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

They're going to announce it after the Seahawks game. If the Jets lose to the 'Hawks then the Jets-Miami game week 17 will have lost all meaning.