The SINGLE moment that beats the Ellis TD run was....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

2002 Jets vs Packers game, week 17. Jets fans getting the news during the first half that the Pats had defeated the Dolphins and all the Jets needed to do is win that day and WE would win the division!! I was at that game....the ONLY Jets game I have ever seen live...and it turned out to be the most exciting Jets moment of my life!! Any OTHER Gang Greeners at that game? That moment was AMAZING!!!

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Excellent post !!!

3. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

You're riding the high-of-the-moment with ranking this as #2, but a friend of mine asked me yesterday "was this your favorite moment at the stadium?" and Jets-Pack '02 was my instant response.

The entire Jags and Colts playoff games in '98 and '02 rank higher too just for importance. Personally, I was more amped up for Jets-Seahawks '98 ... the QB sneak TD that wasn't - place was berserk.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

For my lifetime, The Packers game is #1 for sure. Knowing in my heart, despite the bad start, this team was good and unfortunately lost to the Bears so they would miss the playoffs, unless the unlikely happened and the Patriots beat Miami.

I was not at the game, but the best moment of my fanlife happened in the first quarter of the game. I had been watching the Pats-Dolphins updates on NFL.com all day, and then all of a sudden THE GIANTS STADIUM CROWD ERRUPTED. It was the best feeling I ever had as a fan, then to dominate a great Packers team and secure the division, what a day.

As for yesterday, it is not #2 alltime Jets moments probably, it was special though.

5. The Dark Knight

Also, do me a favor and go to the Seahawks and Dolphins game will ya? :) :beer:

6. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

LOL. If my presents at those games would GUARENTEE 2 victories, you bet I WOULD be there!...I'd also be at all 16 games of NEXT year as well!

7. Baron von Jilma

Baron von Jilma New Member

Best game to be at was the Monday Night Miracle...if you stayed.

8. The Dark Knight

That game was fantastic! Another great Jets memory. Taylor crying is still the best part. And him being miked up the entire game is classic to watch now. All his trash talking, then ends in tears.

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Yep. I was there too. Best game ever.

10. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

The pass to Richie Anderson for a TD against the Colts in the playoffs was awesome.

11. The Dark Knight

Curtis Martin's touchdown pass to Chrebet vs. Keyshawn's Bucs was awesome too.

12. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

hands down the 2002 Packers game was incredible

13. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

good story. i went to get autographs prior to that game vs the packers. Mo Lewis was there he asked ppl on the autograph line the score to the dolphins game. at the time the dolphins were leading. he said... dont worry, theyll choke. they always choke. (true he could have been talking abut the jets) but it was awesome. Best part about the eruption at giant stadium when everyone heard- it was during brett favre's snap count, completely caught the packers off guard.. next play ellis sacked favre for a 17 yd loss. crazy

14. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I thought the Flutie Flakes game in 1998 was a great moment. Ward had that long TD catch to seal it.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Actually, maybe the Jets-Pack 2002 when people realized that it was going to happen may have been the best moment.

I stayed in the parking lot watching the other games late before I went into the stadium. When the NE-MIA game went to overtime, we finally decided to go into the stadium, even though it was like 7 milnutes into the game, which I never do.

There was a person a few rows behind us updating us every play in the game, so the anticipation for the field goal was awesome, and when it finally went through, it was awesome.

But I don't know if it tops the one that happened yesterday. We knew that New England was lining up for a field goal, and we knew that they were driving in OT (unless you were only watching the Jets). The strip-sack was completely unexpected.

Also, this play actually involved the Jets. Not Jets players looking around wondering what the hell was going on...

#15 Jetfanmack, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  16. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

ha its kind of sad that there are only maybe 12 memorable moments in the past 20 years in no particular order
    1. 02 vs packers
    2.02 vs colts
    3. 98 vs jags
    4 98 vs seahawks
    5. monday night miracle
    6. 04 vs chargers
    7. 01 last game of season vs raiders
    8. first win vs pats in NE
    9. titans and pat road wins
    10.jets bills 98
    11. jets bucs 2000
    12. personal fav. - the meaningless game when we stopped the vikings on two pt conv. for the win

17. The Dark Knight

The strip sack was so unexpected its not even funny. We are the Jets. That never happens. I was so excited, it brought back great memories, and actually gave this team life.

18. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

For me, this is the second most memorable play. The first most memorable play was Jumbo Elliot catching the TD pass in the monday night miricale game.

19. The Dark Knight

And the iconic image of his happy face looking up in the air at the scoreboard stunned.

20. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member