Shaun Ellis Arrested with Marijuana

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rhodesfan16, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

He was charged with possession, not with being intoxicated while driving. Duh. Get your facts straight. You don't know he was high. You are just guessing about the connection to game performance. The fact of the matter is Ellis has been having a very good year. Plus to try and say Ellis getting high had anything to do with Elam missing tackles, that sort of fall off elsewhere on the team, is laughable.

He can appeal this into next year, anyway. Posters here who have lost perspective and complaining about effecting this year need to calm down.

2. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

gholstons coming out party

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Now you have to be careful when you ask Ellis "How many Sacks do you have?"

:lol:

[​IMG]

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I must confess. It was my weed. I left it in his car because we smoked a fatty. Can I have it back now?

5. Spike

Spike New Member

The Steelers sat him for the game against the Gints, nothing from the league.

Holmes was never arrested, just a traffic stop ticket in the mail, they found a couple blunts. His lawyer got the court appearance set for the end of Feb. I doubt the league will do anything till after his time in court.

Get a good lawyer.

Holmes' hearing set for Feb. 26

Tuesday, November 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A hearing for Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes on a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession has been postponed until Feb. 26, which will be after the NFL season concludes.

Holmes originally was scheduled to appear in Municipal Court yesterday. He was cited after a stop on Oct. 23 near Mellon Arena when police found three marijuana-filled cigars in his sport utility vehicle. When officers detected the odor of marijuana, Holmes said he had been smoking the day before.

Holmes was made inactive for the Oct. 26 game against the Giants and addressed the team the following day to apologize for his actions.

#145 Spike, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The Scene: Parking lot of Giants Stadium, the morning of December 28, 2008. Ricky Williams is sitting in Shaun Ellis' Escalade.

Ellis: Man, I'm glad we hooked up this morning, know what I mean?

Williams: You're a great guy Shaun. Man, this is some good shit... really takes the edge off. Don't know about you, but I run better (he-he).

Ellis (chuckle): Yeah, but dude (he-he)... you know I got to tackle you now, you know what I mean? Don't be doin' any of that fancy shit on me, I got to make it look good now. Mangini's onto this shit.

Williams: Don't worry 'bout that. I run slow-mo when I hit the herb. Everythin' goin' slow around me. The hole opens up, I take my time 'cause I got plenty to spare. Chad checks down on my ass, no problem... he ain't got nothin' on the ball anyway, so I make my catch. But it's all about gettin' mellow... too much emphasis on speedin' up the game all the time. Everybody should just chill out, 'specially Parcells.

Ellis (ha, ha, ha...): Now that's what I'm lookin' for, gimme at least one good tackle now so's I keep Sutton off my ass and make it look good. Dude, I'm gonna be laughin' at you so hard when I see you comin', I don't know if I can tackle you with a straight face. Hey you gettin' hungry?

Williams (giggle):
    Yeah, let's hit somebody's tailgate... I could eat a fuckin' horse.

Ellis: Where you wanna meet during the half?

7. Spike

Spike New Member

"The Associated Press reports New York Jets DE Shaun Ellis was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana, speeding and driving without insurance"

How does a millionaire not have insurance?

"Ellis will still play in the team's Week 14 game."

Holmes got shafted.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It's not a big deal, hopefuly he doesn't miss any games for it. The fact that weed is illegal is stupid, but being it is the case he has to be more careful. Keep the shit in your trunk if you have to bring it somewhere and if you have it on board don't draw attention to yourself by driving recklessly. Just carelessness, hopefully it doesn't amount to much.

9. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

Now THAT'S funny!!!

10. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

This is such a BS story. I think its more dissapointing that he is a millionaire with no insurance than a pot head. half of all pro athletes are pot heads. the shit is harmless if you have half a brain. i wonder if he gets good shit or if he had some garbage newark regs.

11. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I think he should lay off it during the season. Mangini is going to come down on him i guarantee it. After the season is over roll blunts every hour on the hour but during the season have your mind right. Ellis this is so not cool. I don't get what you have to do to have a cop search your car like this. How does this happen to all these people I don't get it.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I can't believe he doesn't have insurance, he probably didn't have his insurance card with him which can be an automatic write up.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

He forgot he needed it. He was chillin with Billy Bong Thornton.

14. Italian Seafood

Weed can actually help you function if you use it at the right times and in small doses, especially if you've got some aches and pains going and you're an older athlete. It's a lot easier on the body than alcohol, I think that's why so many athletes use it. My issue is just the carelessness of having it there to be found in the car on a traffic stop and setting himself up to be stopped.

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Can you imagine when that big-boy gets the munchies? Can you say "The Buffet Is Closed"

16. Italian Seafood

That's what I'm wondering, if he just didn't have the card or didn't know it expired or something. I can't believe these guys wouldn't insure the nice cars they drive.

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

My facts are straight. To think his arrest Saturday morning did not cause a distraction to the team just before the Broncos game is just not being reasonable.

I suppose there may have been a fraction of surmize on my part, but nevertheless possession is factual.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

From an athletic and aerobic standpoint, I do not see how he can play at a "high" level (haha) while engaging in weed. His endurance during the game will probably suffer.

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

This just in - news flash::::::Shaun Ellis wins the Highsman; Let's go Jets!!!!

20. Italian Seafood

It's possible nobody on the team knew what happened except that he was late for practice that morning, assuming he was. I don't know what the Saturday schedule is like before a late Sunday game. He was pulled over heading right towards the complex so I'm assuming he was on his way to work.