Brett Favre - Legend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fusion2006, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

I just wanted to get some stuff off my chest. I'm so sick of the Favre non-believers.

We need to appreciate him. Think about all the QB's we've had as Jets fans. Thinks about the all the QB's any team in the NFL has had. Every once in a while, you get a special talent. Someone you watch and sit in awe of. And one player of that caliber is Brett Favre.

Even if you hate him and can't stand him. Just sit back one game and just watch him and the way he plays. He plays his heart out, he's going to throw an INT and then come back thrown a TD the very next throw, etc. Look at the zip he has on the ball.

AND HE'S 39!

We're 8-3 man!

We're getting to watch a HOF play and one of the greatest QB's ever. Just sit back and appreciate.

His consecutive games started streak alone should blow you Chad lovers out of the water. You know Chad's injury history and look at this guy. He played the day AFTER his dad died. ONE day. And threw for 399 yards and 4 TD's. He played with a fractured right thumb a whole season on his throwing hand.

Most Consecutive Starts by any position, 270, Jim Marshall, 1960-1979
    Most Consecutive Starts by a Quarterback, 258 (280 including playoffs), Brett Favre, 1992-Present

Do you realize how nuts that is?

AND he's 39! Did you see the Pats game? Did you see that drive against the Chiefs after throwing an INT for a TD, etc. Nothing shakes him. Forget the stats or games started, etc. Just his presence alone on the field gives the WHOLE f'n team confidence.

We're Jets fans man! Beggers can't be choosers, so what if he's not perfect. No one is. But at the end of the day, you have one hell of a QB.

2. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Don't sweat it man. I guess maybe because I've been on the Favre train since 92, and have had to listen to morons say "I wish he'd retire so we could let Hasselbeck/Pederson/Couch/Rodgers/Raitliff developed" for a good decade now, I can for the most part just laugh at them.

Jodi Mitchel is right, for some people it's always "you don't know what you got til its gone." But that's their problem.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Browning Nagle got a raw deal.......

4. Bretsky

Bretsky New Member

First Post

As a lifetime Packer fan I wanted to offer congratulations to the Jets fans and express how much appreciation I have had watching Favre over the years.

We miss his spark this year
    We miss the fact that he makes the players around him better. His play and karma elevated the play of the Packers for many years.

To be honest I feared he would struggle for most of this year; but once he had a decent mastery of your offense I had no doubts whatsoever he'd excel for your team.

The Packers are finding out the hard way this year what it is like without his leadership, without having a QB with a pretty decent feel for the pass rush, and without his ability to read opposing defenses and expose them to their fullest. We're 5-6 now and underachieving and I honestly thing with #4 we'd be 7-4.

In Wisconsin many of the Favre games are still televised because, to be honest, many still enjoy watching him play and deep inside we now cheer for the Jets in the AFC.

Enjoy your time watching a legend; I hope he comes back and gives you a couple more good seasons. He has the rocket and the ability to do so.

I'll be silently cheering for the Jets to go to the Super Bowl this year :jets::jets::jets::jets:

5. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Even the Favre bashers, right now in GB, are still cheering for the jets to get into the SB. It gives us a 1st round pick (albeit, 31 or 32 which is the same really as a top of the 2nd round pick).

So, even haters want the jets in the SB. That being said: There are PLENTY of Favre fans left that are cheering ont he jets. Heck, EVEN THE FANS HATING ON FAVRE are STILL watching him play, looking for some sort of justification that he just doesn't have "it" anymore.

Bar to bar, it's great. One bar is packed with Favre haters, the next with lovers, yet EVERYONE is sitting back watching #4 play.

6. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

What's really stumps me is all of the fairweather Favre fans who loved him last year and hate him this year. I've seen posts that said "Brett a traitor for putting on another uniform. He let us all down. Favre should have retired a Packer, he tainted his legacy. He shouldn't even get into the Packer hall of fame and we shouldn't retire his number either!"

I've been on several forums for years and can't understand how people can change their opinion of Favre so fast. How the same people that are bashing Favre now, were like "greatest QB ever" just last year.

#6 greenwhite&nogold, Nov 29, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  7. uberchink

uberchink New Member

yeah i can't understand it either. how can love someone on day and hate him the next when he's done nothing malicious to you? how shallow can people be

8. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

My husband gave me an autographed football a few years ago for my birthday. It's signed, ' Brett Favre 4 Packer 4 ever.' Do you think the value has changed any? Like I give a shit, LOL! This is one of the first things I think of to evacuate...in case of earthquake, fire, etc. Damn...I love being a Brett Favre fan and I'm really diggin' the Jets this season. It really feels like something special.

9. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

I agree but his streak is a little longer than that! If he finishes out this year he'll have 269 so tomorrow is 265. I remember going to work a couple of weeks after the streak started and we were all talking football and I said "hey this kid is good and I've been a follower since 92'.

10. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Screw em. I like watching the guy play QB and have missed about 12 of his games since 92'. Thank you Jets for making it possible.