LenDale White torn hamgstring

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bigalxc, Apr 13, 2006.

1. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

SWEET!!!! I hope he drops and we pick him up!!! The guy is going to get it together and be a beast

2. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Said it before....if this guy drops to our second or maybe third pick we should grab him in a flash: when fit the most NFL ready running back in the draft, and that includes Reggie Bush.

3. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i would take addai and calhoun over white at this point.

whit isnt know as a hard worker.. so question how long it may take him to heal.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

# April 14 (12:01 AM): ?Other? SC RB tears hammy? Southern California RB LenDale White has been diagnosed with a torn hamstring near his pelvic region after undergoing an MRI earlier this week. White had been expected to be one of the next RBs selected at the 2006 draft after teammate Reggie Bush, the likely #1 player selected this year. White, though, made headlines when he wasn?t able to run at the USC pro day after not participating at the Scouting Combine in February. And since he likely won?t be fully 100% until mid-May it means that White will not have the opportunity to run for NFL scouts prior to the April 29th draft. The interesting question now will be whether the injury further hurts his White?s draft status or in a strange way helps his final grade. Teams looking at White will obviously now be going in a little blind, however, at least White, the one true big back iat the top of the 2006 draft class, now has an excuse for not working out.

5. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

But without mcgahee's injurey, he would have probably been a top 10 pick and was crazy good in miami. Mcgaee even at the first round with his knee was still a steal considering his great ability. But lendale will not be seen that way. mid 2nd round at best is my feeling

6. kingdavid88

kingdavid88 New Member

Despite the injury Lendale is still one of the top running backs. The comparisons are there between mcgahee and white. Lendale stock is low and will continue to drop. but teams will be smart enough to realize the potential of a lendale white such as the Indianapolis colts who have a huge whole at RB. Look at what he did at USC and that will speak for itself

7. Langdon15

Langdon15 New Member

I just can't see spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on a HB given all the other holes the team has.
    Besides that, I'd like to see what Houston and Blaylock can do this year so the Jets can see what type of back they want to bring in.
    If they must draft a RB this year, and I hope they don't, I'd rather they go with a guy like Addai who can run, catch and block.

IMO, the best thing to do is run the guys you have to see how they perform and next season they should get their top WR and HB in rounds 1 and 2. With the the picks they have this year, they can solidify the defense and O-lines and concentrate on the skill positions next off season and draft.

8. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I 'm sure many people have played sports here and have played basketball ..A slight tear is BS..you only need is rest..What do you think happens when you sprain an ankle..When an ankle sprain happens, the ligament is stretched too far, and is either partially or completely torn. So basically he has a pulled hammy..This guy only needs an ice pack and some motrin and not overdue it for a couple weks..He is still a mid 1st round pick..if not I will be licking my chops if he is there at 29 or God forbid 35..

#28 USAFJETSFAN, Apr 14, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  9. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Right. Last year TE Heath Miller had a groin strain, didn't participate in a single post season workout and dropped from a top 10 -15 pick to the bottom of round one. White won't get passed by Pittsburgh if the Broncos don't grab him first.

#29 rajensen088, Apr 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  10. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I'd take a shot at him in round 2 or 3, because I think this brings him out of the first. However, if I were the Jets, I'd bring him in first and talk to him, like Alio said. Make sure the guy has his head on straight. I hope all of the bashes on him from pro day woke him up and he's motivated when he gets healthy again. Remember, there were rumors a few months ago that GB was drooling for him at 5....he was a top 10-15 pick and some people here even wanted him at 4. The guy's got talent, I'm just not as sure of his work ethic.

And don't compare him to Marcus Vick, who is a criminal and a complete headcase.

EDIT: oh, but I wouldn't draft him over Maroney or Addai at the least. Maybe Calhoun too.

#30 MobiusOne28, Apr 14, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  11. parafly

parafly New Member

I think that White will be picked up by Carolina. They need a replacement for Stephen Davis, and I think he would be a good fit.

I really hope that we do not pick up White. We already have Houston and should be looking to groom a replacement for Curtis. Why draft thunder when we need lightning?

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Foster/White 1-2 Punch...

sounds good

13. parafly

parafly New Member

yeah, it does.

i think Carolina is going all the way next season. and in 2007, we take it away from them. :up:

14. NYJalltheway

IDK man, Seattle looks pretty much unstoppable...they were supposed to get a little worse in the off-season, but they've been adding big names and losing no-one

15. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Loosing no one... they lost Hutchinson... thats a big no one to loose. But you are right they have added some talent.

Ellis

16. NYJalltheway

oh yeah, forgot

17. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

He doesn't fit every team's system. DeAngelo Williams and Addai fit Indy's offensive system much better. Maroney also would fit their system. If they take a back, it's either Addai or Maroney (Williams will likely be gone). There are only a few teams that fit White well, and quite a few draft way to high so he's unlikely to get taken by them in the first round, the only later round places he could go are NE, DEN, CAR, and PIT (in terms of the 1st round).

BTW you can't compare McGahee and White, they are two completely different RB's.

18. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5497044
    maybe they guranteed him they would take him.

19. ANJI

ANJI New Member

THey also lost their most productive receiver from last year.

20. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

idk this whole thing is funny, i mean seriously i just cant stop thinking about how he was diagnosed by a guy who isn't even a medical doctor

and since im still in the bio/pre-med major, i just find that offensive