Passing on Young would like being

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'm not going to sit here and knock Leinart, but he not even the best player on his team. He had a HELL of a lot more talent around him then Young so that stat could be miss leading. Look at how USC players are projected to go in the 1st then look at Texas.

2. Hazardous Waters

He's gonna end up like Vick. He's a running back.

Not a QB.

Did you see his supporting cast at Texas?

3. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Then if its about the talent that the player has around them then shouldnt Cutler be the choice. He did the most with the least....
    Look at how many Texas players are thought to be drafted at all and then look and Vandy.

4. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

Your right, I heard they were asking for Minnesota's 1st round pick and for some reason I thought they drafted behind our second pick but I see that Minnesota has the 17th.

5. DallasJet

DallasJet New Member

I can't believe Borna'horn hasn't chimed in yet!

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I would love for him to be like Vick because look at Vick's win totals.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

what Jay's win/loss record?

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Have you ever seen Young play? Last season when he devolped some confidence in his receivers (none of whom were stars btw) he revealed one of the best arms in college football. He can fit the ball into pretty tight spaces and he rarely tosses up picks.

Young should not be compared to Vick, who can't throw for his life and never has been able to, just because they are both mobile.

9. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

11-35 for one of the worst FB schools in the NCAA.
    He was also a starter for 4 years.

10. Hazardous Waters

We will see. I think he just won't work in the NFL.

11. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

That's stupid. The only people who think Black QB's can't succeed are racist.

Doug Williams, Steve McNair, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon, and even Mike Vick (They win with him)

12. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Why all this hating on Young? Im all for taking Leinart or Brick if they are there at 4, but lets face it, we NEED offensive playmakers. Taking a defensive player with #4 won't do us much good when we can't score more than 7 points a game. If Brick and Leinart are off the board and we can't trade down, we gotta take either Young or Cutler. Grooming time is not an issue either, since we have 2 QBs who can hold the fort until they are ready.

#32 LockDown24, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I've seen some of the banana-headed bets you make. As far as I can tell, the safest bet in the book is whatever side is opposite your call.

14. xVILMA51x

xVILMA51x New Member

Can anyone get the pre-draft analysis for Ken O'Brien and Dan Marino from the '83 draft? I'm curious to see what the experts said about the two.

I tried "googling" it, but couldn't find anything.

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Maurice Clarett is the steal of the draft.

16. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Yeah Marino was snorting lines and getting high at Pittburgh and his wonderlic at that time did not help..

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Hehe. . . "Mo Carlett is the steal of the draft."

The classics never get old.

18. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

Young isn't that bright. ........ But that's just my opinion.

19. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

It's hard getting pre-draft anaylsis that far back cause "Al Gore had not invented the internet yet"

:lol:

20. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

I would gladly take the bet about Young being great in the NFL in 5 years, I would take that bet with anyone in the draft even Bush. Guys look good in college because they are playing against halfass talent. No matter how good someone looks in college (even more so when they play on a team with a really good roster) it is not the NFL. The Linebacker and Safeties are going to take Youngs head off when he starts running out of the pocket. The DE's are going to kill him when he stays in the pocket, which is going to make him want to run more. I think Young was great in college but I don't think that he is going to be good in the NFL until he thinks throw first run second and has a good supporting cast around him. With the team that we got right now Vick (who is the best running QB ever) would not make the season. We dont have anyone to strech the field to give more running room for the QB so the safeties are going to creep up and wait for the run. None of the TE's are big play threats (maybe Baker sometimes) so the LB's are going to key on the QB making it harder for them to run. The worst part is our oline is patch work right now so the QB has to be able to dump off the ball quickly to get any yards.
    Sorry forgot, I dont really want any of these QBs, if I had to take one I think I would go Matt, Jay, then Vince but really wouldn't take any QB this year.

#40 New York Mick, Apr 13, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.