Vince Wilfork Could be Facing Suspension...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by rmagedon, Oct 28, 2008.

1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

This is just incredible. The guy isn't even halfway up yet and Wilfork makes a bee-line to him to elbow-check him to the ground. That's not to mention Cutler was already taken OUT of the play already. Even if the play kept going, it's not like Cutler was going to catch up. That was a "for good measure" hit.

If that doesn't have bad intentions written over it, then I don't know what it will take for the commissioner to suspend this guy.

2. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Wow you saw all that??? Your eyes must be alot better than mine because what I saw was a guy running down field blocking people during a "Live" play. Where in the NFL rule book does it say the QB is to be terated differen'tly than any other player on the field? I'll say it again, if Jenkins did the same thing Jet fans would be running it in a loop, and slaping eachothers a$$ over what great hussle he showed.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You don't block a guy already on the ground by throwing an elbow to his head. That's what he got fined for, throwing an elbow to Cutlers head. Deny it all you want.

4. Grogan

Grogan Banned

I don't have to deny anything, Cutler was an active player in the area of a fumble, and Wilfork made sure there was no chance he would be recovering it. That to me is good football. Now why don't you deny the fact that if Jenkins did the same thing to Brady that you wouldn't be cheering. :up:

5. WhiteShoeWillis

Spin it however you want, it was a scumbag thing to do and anyone who isn't a Pats fan will agree. It doesn't surprise me in the least that you applaud scum bag moves like that.

No, I would not applaud a Jet for making a scumbag play.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

I love how you continuously try to call me out for making shit up but never provide any evidence to the contrary. You're nothing but a B.S. Pats troll.

Next time you try and call me out you should bring some evidence with you or just keep your trap shut because you continue to make yourself look like a fool.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why are you arguing with him? He's a moron.

8. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Typical, all you do is throw insults around. :up:

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And all you do is earn them.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

:rofl: :lol:

Yeah he understands the league's emphasis and he also understands that his goal is to injure players and be a dirty bastard. So he'll ignore what the league wants.

11. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3678394

The Pats Camera-Skills once again help them out.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Here's the video of the hit. The guy is a scumbag:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c0f177

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he was on the Jets he would have been suspended at least 2 games but everybody knows whose dick Goodell likes to suck. He proves it at least once a year.

15. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

I think Wilfork is a dirty player but I didn't see anything wrong with that play. Football is a contact sport. Plays like that happen all the time on turnovers. I don't see Wilfork doing anything cheap or dirty with that hit.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

So there's nothing wrong with elbowing a player who's already on the ground in the head? Please.

17. SeymourSacks

SeymourSacks New Member

After the play, Wilfork taps Cutler on the back and they both were chill. Seems Cutler didn't seem like it was that big a deal.

He could have probably shown a bit more restraint but its not nearly as bad as its made out to be. They were both "good game" ass taping each other after the play.

18. KSJets

KSJets New Member

So that makes it ok?

19. SeymourSacks

SeymourSacks New Member

Doesn't make it ok, Wilfork plays with a mean streak and needs to control his temper more, but I don't think that particular incident is AS big a deal as some are making it out to be. Some people make it sound like he put on a pair of brass knuckles and clocked him in the jaw.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

^ You admit that Wilfork could've shown more restraint. The league fined him for the hit which technically spells it out for everyone that the hit WAS indeed cheap.

What bothers me is that this will be the 4th time getting fined for a cheap shot on a player regardless of whether it was "softer" than usual. This is the 4th time!! The League is hell-bent on making examples of those with recurring behaviors off the field well how about ON the field where it matters most and directly effects other players? What is the League waiting for? To get Wilfork on tape spearing someone in the lower back and see them get carted off the field in a stretcher to finally realize that maybe, just maybe, this guy is just an asshole headhunting for key players on the opposing team?

I think if I was a player and that were to happen, I would def take the matter up in court against the league and the Patriots for not protecting the players in the league from this piece of shit.