To Those Still Upset at Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Oct 28, 2008.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Just so you know if we remove the Ari game for Favre and NE game for Chad Miami is averaging just 2 PPG less than the Jets despite a)playing better defense and b)playing w/ far less talent.

2. k0kes

k0kes New Member

Exactly. Can we finally agree to disagree. I have no problem saying that they have fairly comparable seasons where Favre has way more TD passes, but he also has way more TO's. Their offensive production has been fairly comparable. If the Jets have more talent, then that is reflected in the fact that they are 1 game up in record, and have the head to head win. Sounds like from your quote that the evidence doesnt support Penny playing a ton better than Favre. I can fully accept you saying that you think Penny is having a better season, but I cannot accept that there is any shred of evidence that he IS playing WAY better than Favre. It is a matter of opinion. You would rather have a QB who does his best to keep you in every game and not take too many chances. I would rather have a QB who throws a lot of TD's and takes chances to try and win. Neither one of us can PROVE unequivocally which is right.

3. nyjunc

I think Chad is playing alot better, I don't think he's playing so much better that favre cannot catch but he's paying alot better right now. I hope we are agreeing very soon that Favre is playing better, if Brett plays well today and helps us win I will fell alot better about the trade. A win today can soothe alot of the angst on the board.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't give a rats ass what another teams QB is playing like. I only care about our QB, and as of right now, he sucks!

5. nyjunc

I have a weird feeling favre will have a good game today. Just a hunch, sometimes my hunches are right and sometimes wrong but I think he's going to do well today.

6. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

How impressive was Favre today????

Throws an INT for a TD (almost assuredly he was trying to throw thaty ball OB), comes back with a roughly 70 yard 8 minute drive that was orchestrated to perfection.

That was the best drive of the year.... and could be the turning point for this season.

It takes a special player to forget the mistake that caused a TD and then take his team on a drive like that.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

It would be nice if Favre didn't have to make those idiot tosses though right before a big drive. I credit our defense with that win more so than Favre, but Favre did come back and make up for his own gaffe.

8. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Favre managed the game like a champ today. Hell, if anyone thinks that he played shitty, your wrong. He had one bad pass and then rebounded and ran out 10 minutes of he clock sealing and the deal.

P.S. junc i told you to become a miami fan if you want to suck Penningtons dick now stop bringing up how chad is playing better because he's not. The Jets are 5-3 miami's 4-4. Records matter, not stats as you say. No matter how well a qb is playing, as long as he wins the game in the end thats all that matters. Look at kerry collins, he's not a great qb and defiantly not having a better year than chad or favre, but he manages to win games, which is the only thing that matters! So fuck you junc and stop writing your non sense.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Let me show you just how much of a dumbass you are acting like.

Favre vs the Bills: 19/28 201 yards 1 Int (for a TD) and a lost fumble.

Looks like Pennington type numbers when he was a Jet last year.

So whose c##$ should we all be enjoying again? We won largely because of our defense today, and Favre managed to make up for his own errors.

10. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

You're blind. He orchestrated a great drive on the road to seal the win. That's the mark of a champion. Obviously you can't recognize one when you see one.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If you hate Favre, then you don't get it.

12. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

I'm afraid your logic is lost on some of the clowns on this message board. Some of them actually think that we would be 5 and 3 right now with Pennington at QB!

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So should I just replace Flowers' name with Greers? Because this thought process still applies.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:rofl: I already recognize Favre as the legendary Hall of Famer that he is. Nevertheless, we won despite some of his screwups. He had one beautiful drive, no TDs to speak of. Sounds a lot like some of Pennington's games and he gets treated like a red headed step child. See, I love having Favre, and if given the option of upgrading to Favre again, I would do it in a minute. But that is the difference between you, me and a few others on here. I can call these games a bit more objectively than you can. Some of you just want to masturbate because Favre is touching the football. I'm looking forward to a few games from him where he actually shows why is the guy we believe he is.

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

And this brilliant post on your part is an excellent time to remind everyone that we are one picked off TD pass away from being tied with the Dolphins for second place. Thank God our defense is picking it up from last years lackluster efforts.

16. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

ok... your a moron haha. so you are saying you are upset with favre even though he managed a game almost perfectly and you want pennington because he has always had a better passer rating than most qbs out there? Look, our defense is great when healthy. Favre just has to manage the game just like what kerry collins is doing right now. Kerry collins has worse stats than favre and pennington, but his team is 8-0. Pennington could not manage a game if his life depends on it. He can't make a comback win if his life depends on it now. Favre can do all of that. Go join junc and become a miami fan if you want to praise pennignton and bash favre.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'm hardly a moron, but I certainly appear to be surrounded by a few of them here (online). No surprise there though. I never said I was unhappy with Favre. I'm happy so long as we win, but as your lack of reading comprehension has already proven, you fail to see the irony of the fact that Favre, the Messiah of QBs, has been having games quite reminiscent of Pennington's time here, for which you criticize others for thinking well of. The fact that you try to say Pennington is a poor game manager, when he's clearly among some of the best in the game, is just illuminating your own lack of intellect.

18. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Your trying to convince everyone that we would be better off with pennington. Favre is very old, but he is still better than a qb that can barley throw the ball anymore. if we go by stats this season, favre has thrown more tds and more ints, and almost has a better passer rating than pennington! but passer rating is by far the most overrated stats in football. It's all about the amount of tds you produce. Favre has about 12, pennington has about 7. Favre wins games, pennington doesn't. Last year Pennington couldn't keep a lead on Cincy when we were up by like 20 points. Atleast Favre can put away people. What would you rather have, a qb who can make a comeback and still have a bad game, or a qb that can't put away teams when on the last drive of the game and have a good game?

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Alright boy-genius... you are trying to say I'm making arguments that I am not even making. Back up a few posts and re-read a few of mine. Sloooooooowly. I've said it over and fucking over. It is hard to have conversation with someone when they still speak cave-troll.

20. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

haha you are comparing pennington to favre dumbass. Your so blind you don't even see your own post.
    This is by you:

"Let me show you just how much of a dumbass you are acting like.

Favre vs the Bills: 19/28 201 yards 1 Int (for a TD) and a lost fumble.

Looks like Pennington type numbers when he was a Jet last year.

So whose c##$ should we all be enjoying again? We won largely because of our defense today, and Favre managed to make up for his own errors."

your saying here that favre is no better than pennington and I'm telling you it's not true lol. re-read your posts...SLOWLY...i mean...you seem to be an idiot or something.

#240 Jets FTW!!, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008