Offensive Weapons?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Mr Electric, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Sanchez COULD fall into the second round...you never know. QB isn't a big need for many teams this year.

Kansas City and Minnesota are the only teams with a HUGE need for a QB. Maybe Chicago and Tampa Bay...Stafford's the top QB right now, and he'll probably be the Chiefs' pick...and they'll have a top 5 pick. After that, Minnesota may choose to go for Sanchez, but if they don't he could slide.

Brandstater's not raw. He's a 3 year starter for a team that plays, and usually wins against top competition. Also, Brandstater has played for 3 offensive coordinators in 3 years, and he's had success in all of the new systems. The past two years, he's learned from Jim McElwain (currently the OC Alabama) and Doug Nussmeier. Both Nussmeier and McElwain coached QBs successfully in the NFL.

The only thing that Brandstater in common with Flacco is size. Flacco has the better, stronger arm, while Brandstater is a lot more accurate.

#41 Mr Electric, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  2. JetsLookingforDWare

I don't think he comes out. Theres no reason for him to.

And all it takes 1 team...you've just named me four. Not to mention the Titans might be looking for a new QB next year, the Lions would LOVE a guy like Sanchez at QB, Andy Reid might start looking for his QB of the future, never know with Carolina, San Fran., and the Seahawks might start looking for Hasselback's heir.

And thats if he comes out *this* year...some of the teams I mentioned...the Titans, Niners, Eagles, Carolina, and Seattle all might be looking for a QB in '10.

3. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

I think he'll be lucky if he gets taken in the second round.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. Marion Barber is an absolute beast on the field. He's bigger than most defensive backs. Moreno is barely over 200 pounds, but he runs with a purpose...a lot like Adrian Peterson. He's not on the same level as AD, but he has all the abilities you look for in a franchise back: speed, power, and the ability to carry a team to a win.

2. Right now, Chase Daniel is nothing more than a system quarterback...and he's undersized. He's one of my favorite players to watch at the college level, but he doesn't fit the mold of an NFL QB. I hope tears it up at the combine and in his individual workouts to prove he can play at the next level, but for right now, Daniel is MAYBE 6 feet tall and he plays in the spread offense...the odds are against him.

5. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

If we wanted players like wes welker we should go after shipley(TX) or morris of TT

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I want a player like Crabtree - he's a lot like Andre Johnson, who's probably the best and most physical receiver in the NFL.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

Wait wait...Moreno got compared to AD in this thread? Moreno couldn't even pretend to hold AD's jock.

8. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

There are MAYBE 5-6 people who post on this board who don't just pull everything out of their ass

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Agreed. He's a very exciting back and should be a first rounder, but is in no way the Talent AD is.

10. alphaprojectt

alphaprojectt New Member

Completely agree, Moreno is no where near the back AD is. Last night's game against Florida proved that

11. JetsLookingforDWare

That was proven a long time ago. Theres like 0 RB's with AD's talent.