To Those Still Upset at Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Oct 28, 2008.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We were going to win about 10 games w/ Chad this year, we were not the 4-12 jets coming into this year w/ all the upgrades we made around the QB.

Great play is not all about stats, w/ a team w/ half our talent Chad has the dolphins 1 game behind us. W/o Chad Miami has 1-2 wins. he has been HUGE for them and stats don't tell the whole story.

Don't compare last year to this year, last year our QB play was awful mainly b/c Chad was playing hurt and we had no OL which meant no running game. We have a completely different O in terms of talent.

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Nothing wrong with being supportive of former players in their future endeavors... as I said before... I wish Chad many 300 yard, multiple touchdown games in which he loses. That is the only way I can balance supporting him being with the Dolphins. :smile:

3. k0kes

k0kes New Member

And Joey Porter's 10.5 sacks has nothing to do with their resurgence? Parcells? Your acting like its Pennington alone. Don't get me wrong, Pennington was/is not a bad/subpar QB. You just stated that you were gonna win "about" 10 games this year. So if you were gonna be 5-2 at worst, were you predicting the Jets to collapse at the end? Seriously, the difference record wise between Chad/Favre will be marginal at best. Brett will still win you 10 games.

4. nyjunc

Parcells? No, he's a mediocre at best GM. Porter is having a great year and is leading a good D but they lacked leadership on O and a competent QB. Chad changed them instantly and has been their most important player this year, w/o him they aren't in the race.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Are you typing this with a straight face?....because i would put Miami's run game and their defense, ahead of Pennington as the big reasons why they're having success. Pennington's stability sure helps...but he's not the difference maker....not by a longshot. It's only a matter of time before he ends up on their IR anyways.:finssuck:

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well, that's not exactly what is going on here. And I think you know it.

Some here have posted that Chad is doing great, we should never have let him go. In doing so they point to Miami's improvement as evidence they are right.

It seems fairly obvious such people are happy Miami is doing better with their hero. This about a division rival, a hated one, at that.

Real Jet fans hope whoever is the Qb for Miami doesn't complete another pass in his whole time there.

See the difference?

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Who cares really? The season is half over and the Jets are certainly the captain of their own ship when it comes to making the playoffs. It's good Indy and SD suck. I hope it continues.

8. nyjunc

The same D that allowed then winless Houston to march 76 yds in 1:42 and score a TD to win? The same D that is 20th in total D? The same D that is 21st in PA? As far as the "great" Miami run game they are averaging 3.8 YPC and Ronnie has only had 2 good games, Ricky 1 good game and Ricky's 1 good game came in the NE game when Ronnie had one of his 2 good games. W/o Chad they are a 1-2 win team at this point.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

so "with" Chad...they're 3-4....talk about "dividends" paying off :rolleyes:

10. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

But still......those floaters down the field that resemble punts are pretty sickening. Come on Brett.....just throw the damn ball away once in a while. INTs on 1st or 2nd down are the worst....especially when the team isn't even playing from behind. There's a time to take chances and a time to scrap the play and go back to the huddle and try again on the next down. Brett needs constant reminders of this.

11. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

We want to be a running team but the reality is we haven't been able to be one atm. So far our offense has been doing best with the medium range passing game thanks to Chad. The NE game we would've won with just about anyone at QB, but Chad was huge in the SD and and Buf wins

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

People are entitled to their opinion. Just like yours, making assumptions about what people really think. No where in any of these statements that others have made has anyone said the words, but you CHOOSE to ASSume that they are really rooting for the Dolphins. You really should give up on the childish notion that people can't be happy for someone's success, even if they are on an opposing team than our own.

And Pennington's success so far is pretty telling of something. For one, everyone that declared him finished was wrooooooong. And perhaps our own problems were not the QB as much as we have believed. Clearly the playcalling with a HoF QB on the roster has been a subject of much debate on TGG of late.

13. nyjunc

3-4, still in the race and getting better. We'd be 6-1 or 5-2 whic is only a game or 2 better than now but a game or 2 at this stage is pretty big and translates to 2-4 by the end of the year.

14. k0kes

k0kes New Member

There are certainly no ways to justify a lot of the interceptions Favre has thrown this year. But in the same respect you have to assume that if Pennington is the playmaker/difference maker then there is no way to justify only 7 TD's in 7 games. Having 10.5 sacks in 7 games is WAY more difficult and game changing than throwing 7 TD's. Out of the entire NFL 14 Teams have QB's that have had thrown this many TD's, no other teams have a player with 10.5 sacks. I just cannot fathom the exteme want some of you have for a 1 TD a game QB. You still never answered how you feel that they would be 6-1 at this point, but that you also only expected 10 wins? You must either feel that the rest of the team FAR exceeds your expectations, or that the Jets would collapse at the end (something like losing 5/9). I think its more that you really like Chad and you HOPE he could do better, the truth is, no one really knows. I certainly don't think 1TD a game is a great indicator of a +0.500 team...

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that is total speculation...you don't have the slightest IDEA what our record would be if Penny wasn't traded.

But after what i saw in Training Camp from him...our team would probably be in the shitter.

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

If Pennington was still on the Jets they wouldn't be running shotgun and empty backfield formations on third-and-two and about 50% of all the other plays, which leads to said hits Favre's been taking.

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

My memory of Jet QBs goes back to Richard Todd. What's that, 28 years? So I have seen them all, good or bad from Todd to Favre.

If you think that pointing out that Favre has not played well is "bellyaching," than you are just interested in washing his balls. That's fine, but that's not how I roll.

NFL interception leaders:

1 Brett Favre NYJ QB 11
    1 J.T. O'Sullivan SF QB 11

Plus he's lost two fumbles.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=0&d-447263-p=1

He's thrown 5 picks in the last two weeks, and we all remember the other in the KC game that could have been taken to the house if that KC player hadn't dropped it. I seem to recall one like that in the oakland game as well. Yep, here it is:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/10/19/postgame-wrap-23/

<[Oakland's] Huff dropped an easy pass interception thrown directly into his hands by Favre on a third-and-4 play which could have put the Raiders in instant field goal position with 8:02 remaining.>

And another, this time vs. the Chargers, the one that Cromartie dropped:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09232008/sports/jets/bretts_low_point__take_your_pick_130276.htm

<Favre was intercepted twice and was lucky he didn't get picked a third time.>

So 11 picks, three dropped interceptions - thrown right to the other team - and two fumbles.

Again, you think this kind of play is worth praising?

#97 TheBlairThomasFumble, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Exactly. :up: I couldn't have posted that any differently myself, including going back as far as Richard Todd. I'm glad we got Favre and I like his attitude and presence, but the bottom line is he has to play better if we're going anywhere this year.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And we still have no running game. Maybe it isn't the line.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hard to have a running game without giving your RB the ball........ :shit: