To Those Still Upset at Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

I can't wait for all those non believers to jump on favres dick once he throws for 2-4 tds and 1 ints in a win on this sundays game.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If he throws for 300+ yards then I'll shut up for a week. I agree he shouldn't have been throwing 40 times against the Chiefs and there's plenty of blame to go around here. That being said, the throw to Coles with two defenders literally shoulder to shoulder with Coles was the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone in a Jets jersey do.

About those 6 ints that aren't his fault, care to elaborate?

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That's what we all want, we want him to do well but are frustrated he has been so bad especially when the guy we cut for him is doing much better for a division rival.

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm saving myself for the running game. To hell with "number 4".

5. k0kes

k0kes New Member

New Poster here. I have patiently waited to post and spent a lot of time reading and digesting what people post here. I have always been a Packer/Favre fan. I have been able to enjoy only one losing season in the last 16 years. Mabye I don't fully understand the Jets losing ways, but there is one glaring trend I always seem to read about from Jets fans. It's this SB or bust mentality. To me, this mentality screams "bandwagon fan". To me, these people saying SB or bust are not truly fans. They seem to be looking for an excuse to "check out" of the football season as soon as possible. If the Jets open up 6-1 or 7-0, they are more then excited to keep watching the rest of the season. However, if the season starts out 4-3 or worse, they just seem to want to scream "I told you so, we suck, better luck next year". I'm not defending Favre, hes been less than spectacular. Just giving my opinion that to already be saying that the season is a waste at 4-3 just makes me wonder if you're looking for an excuse to do something other than watch football....

6. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Favre hasn't been bad, its only been the last three games. When favre plays good teams he beasts as it seems. So when playoffs come around and we make it...i think we will be fine.

edit: forgot to add this in: as for pennington...well...3-4 is much better than 4-3 i guess.

#66 Jets FTW!!, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  7. nyjunc

He has had ONE good game and if your last statement is true how come playing in a weak div and conference the last decade his playoff record has been 3-6?

8. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=112

look at the stats. In favres first 4 games he has had a good passer. I'm guessing the 2 L's were his fault right? wrong! In the pats game it was the play calling, it was not at all favre's fault. Now in the SD game, our D had given up after Kris Jenkins went down. These 2 losses were not on favre when he did play exceptionally well. You can't expect Favre to put up 6 tds every game. No qb can do that everyday, not even Brady when he was playing! Now for the last 3 game, we played 3 pretty shitty teams. Notice how favre is doing well against the good teams compared to the bad and look at the rest of our schedule. We have 2 teams that are pretty bad. 49ers and Seattle. I think favre will have a crappy game on both of those games. (The rams in my opinion are now on the rise and are a force to be reckoned with.) And for his playoff record being 3-6 as u say, I believe he has won it all once, so the playoff record means nothing.

9. nyjunc

Stats don't tell the whole story. He had chances to put away that Miami game and didn't, he did nothing against NE leading us to only 10 points. He had goos #s against SD but through 3 qtrs he had 1 TD "drove" that was 4 yards.

When did he play well against the good teams? The ONLY good game he has had all year was against Ari. He didn't play well against Mia, NE or SD.

10. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Your saying those losses were him not playing well? In the SD game the D got scorched: not favres fault. In the NE game, that was all play callings fault. 3 runs on goalline and you don't PA throw it, what a joke. and in Miami he threw for two tds and had to play the whole game without a freaking kicker so the only way to do it was to go for it on 4th and w/e and on one of those 4th downs he still managed to throw a td. He had good games in all of those games, just he didn't get any help in those 2 losses thanks to the coaching staff and d in those 2.

11. nyjunc

What helped the D to get scorched? I think we turned it over 4 staright possessions in the 2nd qtr and even if they didn't it's hard to win when your D scores as much as your O as happened through 3 qtrs in that game.

We lost 19-10 to NE, if we score a TD we are still down 19-14 so that excuse doesn't fly.

He threw up a hail mary on one of those TDs, the O moved the ball all game but we couldn't score points and another Favre TO cost us potential points.

W/ good QB play we probably are 6-1 but at worst 5-2. I expect he'll get better and I am rooting for it but so far he's been terrible.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

For all the Chad Fans still remaining here, there are some places that you can really go wild talking about your hero. Here's some suggestions:

http://www.phins.com/phorum/index.php

http://www.phinatics.com/aboutus.htm

Fin Heaven is quite popular with fish fans:

http://www.big-boards.com/highlight/760/

The Sun Sentinel site. They even have an article on your hero with a pic in his teal, orange and white:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/

I am sure you can find some others if these are not to your liking.

13. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Sheez ... can we just settle on "He's been very uneven, sometimes bad and sometimes good, but overall he definitely needs to get better if the Jets are to go anywhere" ... and then move on?

Exactly.

#73 puddnhead, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  14. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

for the NE game i believe we would of played differently if Feely didn't miss that 30 something yarder, because then the game would have been 19-17 and we did have the ball back at the end. The momentum would have changed.

for SD the run game wasn't their also so favre didn't get any help from t jones or leon thus making it passing on almost every down. and the fourth turn over was on kellen clemens at the end of the game.

and for miami he was just brought in so give him a break on that one. He played great for someone new to the O.

15. nyjunc

So b/c our K missed a kick on the 1st drive of the game it dictated the entire rest of the game? Just so I understand, a missed K on the 1st drive changes momentum for an entire game but Favre's INTs and fumbles later in games does not?

I give him a pass on the early games b/c he was brand new to the O and the team BUT we cannot alos pretend that he played well b/c he certainly did not play well.

16. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

First: I don't think favre fumbled that game

second: missing points can change the momentum of games, it brings down players

third: I just hate the fact people are throwing favre under the bus already, not saying you are doing it, I'm just saying alot of people on this board are just ignorant so i'm trying to prove that favre is doing very well, which he is, for still learning the offense.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Why bother leaving to talk about him when we can do it all day right here where we know all his loyal Jets fans can hear about him. Afterall, he's done a significant amount of time and history with the organization and former players are always welcome. And we certainly wouldn't want his naysayers to miss any positive news. :up:

18. nyjunc

He didn't fumble THAT game but he threw an INT that led to NE's only TD and I understand a msised FG can be deflating but what about the last 2 weeks when he has thrown INTs deep in our opponents territory costing us points?

Favre is NOT doing very well, he is doing very poorly. If he was improving a little bit that would be one thing but he has been getting worse the last 3 weeks. I HOPE next week we are talking about how well he plated against Buf but right now all we have to go on is his poor play from the first 7 games outside of his 1 great game against Ari.

19. k0kes

k0kes New Member

Seriously, Chad here and the Jets are 6-1 and 5-2 at WORST? How is this guaranteed?? The difference between a 1-15 team and a 4-12 team is not huge. They are both quarterbacking teams that were bottom of the barrel last year. Neither QB has shown anything SPECTACULAR this year, so how is it so obvious the Jets would be 5-2 at worst? I've read plenty of posts that say Chad is playing GREAT (even Pro Bowl caliber) and that is just not true. I mean seriously guys, 7 TD's in 7 games. Thats great? Record of 3-4. Is that really all you would want out of your quarterback. Favre has not been playing much better, but yes there is a difference. Before this year, the Jets played "Not to lose", hence your 9 or whatever 4th quarter losses last year, now with Favre you play "To win".

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Because people still loyal to the current Qb of the Miami Dolphins quite simply should not be called Jet fans.