To Those Still Upset at Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

In the long run the best thing about the BF signing is that now the coaching staff sunshiners can't blame things on Pennington's arm strength.

2. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

How is the fact that the jets have a better record than the colts an excuse for our performance?

Oh, we're an underacheiving team that is underachieving less than another underachieving team!

The colts are a different team this year, older, and missing bob sanders.

3. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

just a question....didn't we all want Favre to throw far down the field!?! some of you jet fans are idiots...seriously. One week your like "wtf let favre throw down the field we would win jeez what is going on" and the next week your like "y is he throwing down the field!?!?!? He's not suppose to make things exciting!!!!." Even though some of his throw were into double coverage regardless of that this is what you wanted, get use to it. Favre did it in Greenbay, and he will do it with the Jets. If you didn't want this much excitement, then you should of been on the pennington bandwagon.

4. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

No, what is annoying on these boards is the "Brett Favre is God" bandwagon.

5. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

well the man is the leading holder of almost every qb record out there..and doesn't look like to be broken anytime soon

6. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

What does that have to do with this season's Jets?

Nothin'.

7. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

No, throwing into double coverage and open space are not what I wanted and your argument is ridiculous.

8. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Who the hell is Peyton? is that Eli's brother?

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

That D. Johnson thing is a complete Red Herring, Drew" You better not lay a finger on my butterfingers" Coleman dropped a pass that had the nerve to hit the cinderblocks on the end of his wrists. So that is a freaking wash!

If we are going to play the tried and true what if game, what if Coleman made that play, the score would have been 28-14 and the Jets a lock to win.

10. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

I was just stating why he is god...thats what you asked for. And for the season...well we already hit our last seasons win mark...so i mean with pennington ya know wed be like freakin 7-0 i mean seriously lawl.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I remember about 7,8 ints of Favre not being his mistake. Alot of miscommunications between him and WRs, the Chansi Stuckey int, the presumed free play int, and couple of them where he couldn't follow through his motion while falling back and defenders being right in his face.

12. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Favre is still learning the offense, he came into the jets organization late and that hurt him. After the St.Louis game Favre will be back and ready to take bitches out, not saying we won't win these next two games.

13. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Then what did you want? Short passes like the old pennington era? You would of complained any other way. With pennington we would of lost that game hands down. Favre's deep passes did open up the run to really big games. If anything I blame the D for giving Tyler thingpen 200 something yards and 2 tds. Because I mean favres throws downfield were like punts right? so in no way did they have good field position.

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

What's annoying me is his predilection to throw the ball into coverage because he still thinks he can play like he's 25 years old. He doesn't check down when he needs to and he forces throws when he doesn't need to, often in the same play. He's in love with his own "gunslinger" mythos and thinks he can make every throw. Mostly, this is because he hasn't received the proper criticism that he has deserved the past few years. I'm glad he got booed against the Chiefs and if he plays like this against Buffalo I hope Jets fans boo him again.

15. Phear

Phear New Member

wow, you're dumb. and if he throws for 300+ yards and 4 tds you'll be all on his nuts. lotta you so called fans are a disgrace. you think hes going to change the way he plays because hes with a new team? keep dreaming, favre had no business throwing the ball 40 times against the chiefs anyway, and as someone did say i know i've seen 6 ints for sure that he threw that were not his fault. its a new offense for him and playing for a gutless cs.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think a lot of Jets fans, including myself, unrealistically wanted the fun and magic Favre brings without the questionable decision-making in the face of taking a sack or throwing the ball away wisely.

I also think a lot of us have repressed anger for the way that same guy laid down for Strahan to break one of the few records held by a Jet, even if the guy that held the record was a turd.

We don't have a lot of tradition to turn to past Super Bowl III, and sometimes some of our own fans want to try to convince us that even that wasn't significant in comparison to the titanic accomplishments of Herman Edwards.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

How does this make us feel good? manning came into the season off 2 knee surgeries w/o any preseason. Hios team has been great for a long time, this is their first poor year. The comparions means nothing. We have a very good team that is underachieving mainly due to the QB struggling.

The only disappointing game all year was oak?

-At Miami we had plenty of chances to put the game away but couldn't score so we gave Miami a million chances to come back and they almost did.

-vs. NE we score 10 pts.

-at SD, the lone offensive TD drive when the game was still somewhat close was a 4 yd drive.

-Cincy was in our game until midway through the 4th qtr thanks to TOs

-We had no business losing to oakland

-We had to sweat out a W agaainst an awful KC team.

Favre has been outplayed by Jamarcus Russell and Tyler Thigpen in back to back weeks.

18. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I guess the other players - all future HOF-ers, like Favre, right? - threw all of those INTs as well.

These last two weeks are on Favre. He was brought in here to make games like that easy to win and he hasn't done that.

#38 TheBlairThomasFumble, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

most likely IR

20. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

While what you say is true, the numerous mistakes on Favre's and the team's part are keeping things much, much closer for the opposition and has given the opposition the W on occasion.

Remove the mistakes and we are easily 5-2 or even 6-1 right now. It is not necessarily the record the Jets have that bothers me; it is the aura they are projecting.