To Those Still Upset at Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Oct 28, 2008.

1. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

The jets have a better record then the colts. Not only that, Favre is playing better then Peyton Manning.

Manning: 10TD's, 9INT's
    Favre: 15TD's, 11INT's

Say what you want, but the jets are averaging three TD's a game.

When was the last time you could say that? Favre and the jets are scoring points fellas. No way around that fact. I think the only disapointing game to me all year was at Oakland, but that was a trap game I could see coming weeks in advance. Oakland had almost beat every opponent they played. They were due to pull one out at home.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Ok, they're both playing like sh*t. WOOOO!!!!! Manning is making as many boneheaded plays as Favre usualy does, YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Well whoop-tee-fucking-doo.

That makes me feel better now..., Hey? What we do is, we let Favre keep throwing what basically amounts to Hail Marys with little or absolutely no freakin' regard to who TF catches them. "Think of it as a punt," as some have said.

Hey, I'm not blaming it all on Favre. As long as we continue baffling opponents by playing directly to their strengths instead of their weaknesses, we'll surely fool all of them, including ourselves.

Think of things as opposites. If we wind up being 5-11, we've fooled them immensely. They'll all think we're losers, which is exactly what we want them to think.

Think of the brilliance of that!

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

That's not all on Favre, he's throwing it up there to allow his receivers to make plays. So the next time Brett chucks it into double coverage it's on Coles for not putting in that extra effort to take it out of the defenders' hands.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

:rofl:That's an awesome idea! We should do it on every 4th down. Line up 5wr,and let him bomb it.

6. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

I'm not upset with him. He makes things entertaining. I just wish he'd stop chucking passes up for grabs. :up:

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Unless it falls incomplete, in which case we'd be fucked (unless the defender is dumb enough to catch it and not knock it down).

8. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Favre has also fumbled 6 times (compared to none by Peyton) and has been sacked 16 times (compared to 9 by Peyton whom has been playing with a banged up offensive line starting rookie(s) at different times). Peyton has also played better defenses (Chicago, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Baltimore and Tennessee) compared to the defenses Favre has played (which I won't list because that would be condescending).

I'm not trying to bash Favre with all this, I'm just trying to point out how these stats are misleading. The truth of the matter is that Favre has not been playing well. Looking at Favre's stats through green-colored glasses completely ignores the fact that he needs to play better for this team to live up to the potential it has.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Enough with the stats already. There are so many stats for a QB you can twist them to make any case you want for or against anybody. Six of those TDs were in one game, where does that leave us for the other six? See what I mean? Nobody is upset with Favre, we just want to win games and it doesn't occur to most people that constantly turning the ball over inside the opponent's 10 is going to get that done for us. With all that said we're 4-3 and in the hunt, we expect the offense as a whole to get better not worse as the season goes on. Favre is a football player, he needs to be accountable for his mistakes like everybody else on the team.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Here's a stat

If Cotchery doesnt fall on his ass in the end zone in oakland....or if Baker doesnt fall on his ass in OT....

We're 5 and 2

Cant blame that on Favre...

Also, considering the bashing he's getting, Pennington would already be missing substantial time.

11. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Bottom line: Favre lost to the putrid Raiders and almost lost to the awful Chiefs, at home, in a game that they Jets were getting, what 13 points? How can anyone defend his play at this point?

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Yeah...it's ALL on Favre..he's the ENTIRE team :rolleyes:

what an ignorant point of view.

13. FriendlyGiantsFan

And if Leon doesn't run for a 60 yard TD or Derrick Johnson hauls in that easy pick-6 the Chiefs blow the Jets out of the water. It's not all on Favre, but he did a lot to help lose that game to KC.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

+1

Good post.

15. FriendlyGiantsFan

The balance is somewhere in the middle. It's not all on Favre, but it's also not just the team letting him down. He hasn't been playing well and needs to step up. His WRs and oline could do more to help him out, but the bottom line is that Favre needs to step up.

16. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

5 interceptions in 2 games does put a lot of it on him. Not all, of course, but definitely a lot. That's also not counting his throws that by all accounts should have been picked.

17. Gman

Gman New Member

favre is throwing too many balls up for grabs. some balls dont have a rec. within 15 yards of the ball.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I agree with this post somewhat....My understanding is that Favre was brought to the Jets to bring leadership, veteran stability and to open up the passing attack with his big arm ....he's gonna take shots down the field.....we, as fans, were prepared for that coming out of training camp....i guess some people weren't prepared for the influx of INTs. Hopefully, Favre cleans up the mistakes....but we all need to understand that with "big play attempts" comes with the 50% chance of it turning it into an INT....that's part & parcel with this guy.

Here's hoping we see some of these big pass plays turn into TD's.

19. markcsoul

markcsoul New Member

Coming from a Packers/Favre fan, for all the complaining about Favre's ints, 3 things need to be realized if they aren't already:

1) He has more td's than ints, which is more than some qbs with fewer ints can say.

2) He's 4-3, could have been 5-2, either way that's a winning record.

3) He's had seasons like this before. His current td to int ratio and pace would give him a season similar to 1998 or 2003. In 1998 he had 31 tds to 23 ints and went 11-5 and made the playoffs. In 2003 he had 32 tds to 21 ints and went 10-6 and made the playoffs. I'm guessing most people on here would be happy to have that kind of record and be in the playoffs regardless of the high int count.

20. uberchink

uberchink New Member

i could've sworn there were 10 other Jets on the field when they had the ball.