Madden '09 League 360 - Starting Up Soon

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 15, 2008.

?

Read thread before voting! What options do you prefer (league members only)

Poll closed Aug 20, 2008.
  1. Do you want fantasy draft and player stats?

69.2%
  2. Do you want stock teams and no player stats?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fantasy Draft Saturday 08/23

30.8%
  4. Fantasy Draft - Some Other Day

61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I think we might need to change from just playing each opponent only once. I don't mind playing guys more then once and I would like to play with my team as much as possible. When does the season 'end' anyway?

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We were aiming to follow the NFL season, but never made a hard end date. Adding 11 more games won't solve the problem of people just not playing league games.

Tomorrow I will go through and do some house keeping. I'm going to have to start inviting random people to join the league if TGG members don't sign up or existing league members don't start playing games. We still have one open slot from players that never played a game. I'm moving on to guys that played one game and never played again tomorrow.

3. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I'll be on on Saturday from about 4 to 6 if anyone wants to get a game in.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I should be on a decent amount tonight, Friday, and Saturday.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

I'll be on later tonight if anyone I haven't played wants a game. I'm the Cowboys.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

you would...:smile:

I hate how every other person plays with the Cowboys...I refuse to play them anymore.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

sarcasm?

It's the team I was randomly assigned and has all autodrafted players. I'm always the Jets when I play outside the league and like to piss on the cowgirls.

8. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

When I play I'm the Cowboys, but I'm actually a Cowboys fan. It's like NHL last year though where EVERYONE is the Penguins. It got to the point where I refused to play them.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

Just mercied the cowboys and steelers outside the league with the jets. Pussies quit when I start slapping them around with the Jets. They can't take it.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I slap bitches around now. I had a hard time getting used to the game but Ive won like 20 out of my last 25 online, and im playing an avg level 6 opponents. Finally I figured it out, I thought I had lost it...

11. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

by accident we got disconnected, and i counted game, instead of not counting it.. so it gave me a win.. i was winning, and he kept turning ball over on downs, so watever.. i hate ppl that play like that, but its all good..it was the saints i played.. always went for on 4th down, no matter where he was n the field

#191 Hofstra Jet, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  12. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Well i was the saints and YOU WERE UP 3-0 IN THE 2ND QUARTER!!! For that game to be counted as a win in your favor is a joke!!!

13. WhiteShoeWillis

^
    ^^
    A few things here.

1) I've asked that if a disconnect happens you choose not to count the game. If it's the 4th Q and the game is clearly over in your favor, go ahead and count it but please do not take cheap wins.
    2) Please play "normal" football. Don't play cheese dick by going for it every 4th down, milk the clock from the beginning of the game, or use cheat plays.
    3) Unfortunately I am unable to reverse the outcome of games.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Yeah, I got disconnected twice. I called one, I was up two touchdowns I think with the ball. Another game I was winning, I ended up not counting, I forget which games they were though.

By normal football, you mean don't go for it on every 4th down? I like to go for it on 4th downs if it's pretty short yardage, or if I'm at a good spot on the field.

By the way, I'll probably be on late tonight, like in 2 hours, if there are any night owls out there. Maybe earlier.

15. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

you cant tell a person how to play. If a player decides to go for it on 4th down then that should be in your favor. Im all for not counting cheap wins as was the case in a game i was down 3-0 in the 2nd quarter, although i dont think the game was counted. And as for as cheat plays. what do you mean by that ???

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

only thing that really pisses me off is the player using the same 2 or so plays the entire game like its all they know how to do. That is being cheap. Regardless, my record is now 40-14 against an average level 7. Im a 12 myself, so im actually stomping on mofo. Ah...there was a time I was 12-8

17. WhiteShoeWillis

I want the league to be fun, competitive and to be played like real football. Going for it on every 4th down is not like real football. There are plenty situations where going for it on fourth down is simply part of football strategy, but people going for it every 4th down is not the kind of football we're hoping to play in this league. We want football, not arcade fuckball. It's not about whether going for it every 4th down is in someones favor or not, it's about realistic football games.

If you don't know what cheat plays are then don't worry about it.

You're right, I can't tell anyone how to play. I'm asking you all to follow some simple guidelines to maintain the competitive spirit of the league. If you have a problem with that, then all I can do is not invite you to play in the next league if there is one.

#197 WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Sorry I've been inactive. I'll try to get a game or two in this weekend.

19. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

maybe the game wasnt counted, i thought i mighta hit count by accident.. either way, i didnt intend to.. butttttt, you went for it on like 4th and 15 on ur own 15 yard line, that is cheesy. its not even fun to play like that.. if thats how u play, its all good. i just hate playing games like that. to each their own tho. and i hope the game wasnt counted

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Well, it depends on the game. I'll go for it on EVERY 4th and inches, no matter where I am on the field because I'm confident I'll make it 98% of the time.

I'll go for it a lot of the time between the 40 and the 50 if I have 4th and 3 or less, and I'll go for it if I have 4th and short in the other team's zone.

I just hate people who go for it EVERY 4th down, every 4th down and 26, 4th and 10 at your own 20, idiotic things like that.

And I hate people who go for 2 every time. Yeah, you have a good chance to get it, but come on, be real.

If what I'm doing is considered unethical, I'll stop it, but it's hard to make a set of rules. It should be common sense.