Fire Mangini!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Oct 19, 2008.

1. abtabrningfire

Might as well use this future loss to the Chiefs as an opportunity to get Gholston some reps for once. It's not like we have many stars on the DL.....besides Jenkins and Pace

2. abtabrningfire

Well...that's not entirely accurate considering Thomas is in there too

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Dude...Jenkins, Ellis, and Coleman are the DL...with Pouha rotating in.

Pace is an outside LB (and so is Gholston) in the 3-4 alignment.

you must be new here.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

this whole team is confusing..and that comes from the coaching staff and front office.

You have three...count them three defensive lineman converted to linebackers..and it shows. It shows in the medium pass coverage that every team..even the Raiders..exploit week in and week out. There are two natural linebackers getting reps.

You have a offensive line that features a gifted LT...a pro bowl LG...a stud at center..an adequate RG and a RT that they seem to like to run behind 80% of the time.

You have two nice tight ends..and two good receivers. You have a qb whos best days are behind him...but still makes passes that havent been seen around these parts for close to a decade.

You have a secondary that has a future pro bowler (Revis) a great draft pick (Lowery) a stud (Rhodes).

And finally...you have a record of 3-3.

Im sorry...but this IS a good roster. This is the type of roster that a great coach could make a GREAT roster.

To me? This is about a raw young coach that put all of his eggs in the basket of a DC that blows and and OC that has been forced to change his strengths? to fit a future hall of fame qb...and what you get is the mish mash we witnessed on Sunday.

Nothing fits..and time is running out.

Been a Jet fan since 69 and became a Jet fan that knew what the hell he was rooting for by 72..and in all my years there have been two rosters that completely confused me. The first one was the Kotite year...it was a much better roster and that was proven out the following year. The second is this roster. This is a very solid roster.

Yet...here we are at 3-3. This team is either going to find its way...or changes have to be made.

5. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

"Been a Jet fan since 69 and became a Jet fan that knew what the hell he was rooting for by 72..and in all my years there have been two rosters that completely confused me. The first one was the Kotite year...it was a much better roster and that was proven out the following year. The second is this roster. This is a very solid roster."

They had the best offseason in the history of the franchise. They spent a lot and they spent it well and they drafted two first rounders who looked like they would make important contributions in there rookie year. And then BF falls into their laps. And while Faneca is a small disapointment, Jenkins, Pace and Woody are playing better than anyone I know expected. Just fire Schott right now and see if that makes a difference. If thats not the cure clean house.

6. southwestjet

southwestjet New Member

Amen, all the pieces of the puzzle are there; just the wrong person to put it together. :beer:

7. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Completely agree with the last two posts.

Something is wrong here. How can we constantly..and rightfully so..here about Jenkins being a difference maker...Pace exceeding expectations etc. There are too many positives in a conference that is just begging for someone to step up and dominate. What else can you ask for. The only way all that money was wasted is if Brady and the pats repeated last year and dominated the conference..and then you receive the gift of Brady missing the season..and you are still behind?

They can point the finger all day long at Favre...but when a QB is sitting in the pocket..looking...looking...looking with the weapons he has and nobody is open well then its the scheme not the players. When you rush for 6.6 yards like Jones did and you cant free up the secondary..then its the play calling. Its not like the announcers were calling out open guys all game long.

Something is drastically wrong here. When you play against a dud like Russell and you cant sack him...you cant stop his short 5-10 yard passes for the most part...well something is wrong with the scheme again. Rhodes seems like he is a step behind on every play he makes.

This is a major coaching problem. There are no successful adjustments to talk about. There is never a "come out of the tunnel for the second half and dominate" game to mention.

In todays NFL cap world...the horses are there. This team can lose every game the rest of the way and nobody will ever convince me that this team isnt talented. IMHO.

8. uberchink

uberchink New Member

watching the Jets makes me miss the packer's offense so much more. i still watch the packers, secondary to the Jets, and it's insane how many times Jennings, Driver, or one of the other receivers are wide open downfield. Rodgers doesn't even hit the guy most of the time but there's so many oppurtunities for him...

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

the packers aren't afraid to play football... the Jets are, they play finesse football.

10. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Mangini sucks as a head coach.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You are too kind. the word "suck" doesn't quite cover the four corners of Mangini's ineptidude.

12. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Pretty much.

Someone, Please Show Mangini this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0655JEKEUo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssAyxXB3q_c

I'm sorry but one consistent thing do you see going on those videos?

None of that conservative BS. You all realize that the west coast offense in that of itself is conservative right? Run, or throw short easy completions to replace the run. The WCO is dink and dunk with an occasional PA deep pass. What favre ran last season was anything but a WCO.

Watch those clips again. Open up this damn offense Magini. I don't care if your letting Shotty make the calls, shotty sucked in GB too. It's time to override him. All those crappy conseravtive throws that go backwords or straight sideways are not going to get the fricken job done with the QB you have. The offense must adjust to how Favre plays, not hte other way around. Your taking the ability of Brett right out the game if you keep calling this stuff. You've seen flashes at times on plays that jets DO allow Favre to start taking control (6 td game, as well as passes here and there in every game), so why are you continually handcuffing this guy. Say what you want, but Brett's mistake proneness is going to hurt your team all season if your not letting him do what he does best.

I mean, you can blame it on chemistry. Blame it one timing. Blame it on blocking. Watch those clips - favre wasn't exactly full of all the time in the world, and when things were getting bad, they MOVED favre int he pocket. Calling rollouts, and all that jazz. The man may be old, but he can still do what he has always done back there.

I am sorry, but the gameplan on offense was crap. I don't care if TJ had a good game - how many points did they score because of that? What? 13? The gameplan really showed, again, in OT when they still sort of refused to go away from it. They had several chances all game long to give brett the best chance to get your team this must needed win and the coaching staff dropped the ball. They need to start watching highlights of brett favre themselves and adjusting this play calling accordingly.

EDIT: Oh, and I disagree that Brett's best days are behind him: Last season was one of the best in Brett's entire career. IF you watch those clips, you'll clearly see the man still has what it takes to do everything he has always done.

#152 packerbacker1234, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Pretty shitty loss true but lets not call it over just yet theres 10 games to go and favre is still our quarterback. Faith...

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My son feels that the NYJs are covering up a Favre arm injury that he incurred in the Cinncy game & then rehurt again in the Oak game. Randy Cross alluded to it several times during the broadcast of the Oak game. My son says that the Favre did not throw a pass longer then 15 yards in the air in the Oak game. The NYJ beat writers maybe asleep at the switch on this one

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

The pass to Baker was 30 yards downfield and right on the money......if Baker doesn't trip over the hash mark.

16. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

when do the "hire Bill Cowher" threads start? sunday night?

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Probably about season three.

18. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I really thought that mangini would a better job coaching. Boy was I wrong! jarron up in buffalo took over the same year as mangini and he has the F'in bills playing better than the Jets!:mad: So what do all of think on this question? Who had less to work with when they took over jarron or mangini? I think jarron had less to work with in buffalo and has turned them around quicker.

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It's not just the loss,it's how the pats and Bills are playing,

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Looks like a good time to stop bitching. I'll just count the losses. I just hope that ManRetard is gone after the season.