Fire Mangini!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Oct 19, 2008.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Firing an H/C at mid season never seems to work unless you have a assistant coach who has some H/C experience. The Jets list has Bill Callahan the OL coach. No thank you. The only move Woody could make here would be to have a chat with both Tanny and Mangini and tell them their jobs are on the line if they don't turn this team around very soon.Thi9s season could Titanic like if we lose to the Chiefs at home this upcoming week.

2. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I'm not high on Mangini, but I also don't want to get rid of him just yet. I'll give him the year, and if he still fails, we can get rid of Favre (who will be 40) and use a top pick on a QB for the new coach. Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco seem to be doing fine.

Who knew Tom Cable and Jim Haslett before this week? Yet those guys in one week had their teams fully prepared to play.

I think we rushed on Mangini. He had only one season as a DC and it's not like the defense was even good under him (a lot of the same complaints you hear now actually). I have no clue why we got Brian Schottenheimer, I guess it just runs in the family for those guys. All he does is put out useless formations that don't actually accomplish anything. A defense moving around confuses the offense, but a defense isn't actually confused, they just wait for you to do something and then stuff it.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I understand the sentiment, and practical reality, of saying an HC change at this juncture is unrealistic. But the Jets are either not as talented as many here thought, which is entirely possible, are not getting a good performance due to poor coaching, or both. Under either of the latter two theories the coaching is not good. I have no reason to conclude it is only a lack of talent.

Coming into the season I was not opposed to Mangini, and I know yesterday was only one game. But we see a pattern here, one where the team seems to have questionable play calling, is lethargic at times, and inconsistent. These all could be attributable to poor coaching.

Of course no one here knows exactly what is going on, and we are in effect trying to discern causes from the available evidence. But as time goes on and we see apparent talent squandered in another losing effort, a loss to a 1-4 team by a team with playoff pretensions, the usual lack of effective adjustments in the third quarter, and a generally uninspiring aspect by the HC, as this goes on much longer, you have to place your bet on substandard coaching being the cause.

4. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Bill Cowher

5. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Jin Haslett got the shaft down in NO, and overall didn't have a terrible tenure down there (considering their history). Nice to see him getting another chance.

6. Magnus Malax

Magnus Malax New Member

Jim Haslett was Coach of the Year after taking over for Mike Ditka. I guess that would've been in 2000. He coached a great, aggressive defense that was particularly over-achieving with Darren Perry as his SS. He probably ran in the 6.0 40 range....

7. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

8. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

I'll tell you one thing I'm sick of is Mangini's smug face every time the team F's something up. The camera crews always cut to him and he has the same disgusted look on his face. Kind of like "God, did they screw up again", as if nothing were his fault, it's only the players.

9. GermanJetBerlin

GermanJetBerlin New Member

I'm not on "Fire all the CS"- but the CS has to do something here. They had all these offseason moves, and have now almost all necessary pieces in place. On paper the Jets look great, except some depth in the secondary behind Rhodes and Revis. They are underachieving and I have to blame that on the Coaching and Playcalling. Period.

10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:rofl:potw! maybe even poty!:lol:

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I just want these clowns gone. 2 BullShits and that moron Man-idiot.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

NWE just torched the Broncos with a 'ham n' egger" for a QB....and we couldn't beat the Raiders.

Please...somebody tell me again why we shouldn't be pushing any fucking "panic" buttons!!!

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Belichick realized that he can't expose Cassel into the situation where he has to win the game for the team. So, of all RBs, fucking Sammy Morris - SAMMY MORRIS - runs wild while Cassel learns how to pick a defense apart. (Denver defense isn't that good anyway) That's called game-planning. Covering the weakness, and exposing the opponent's weakness.

That's exactly opposite of what the Jets CS is doing - they showcase where the opposing D is good at, with creative array of offensive stupidities.

Truly, human stupidity knows no bounds. Especially true when it comes to Mangini/Schottenheimer/Sutton.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yes...but we lost to the RAIDERS....who got smoked by the Broncos....who got smoked by the Pats.

by my watch...i would say we're near the bottom of the fucking food chain.

15. abtabrningfire

Nobody is consistent anymore. Broncos get raped by the Pats tonight, the Chargers lose to the Dolphins, the Colts get beat by mediocre teams, Giants lose against the Browns and even the Cowboys lose to shitty teams. Sure the Jets are pretty much one of the least consistent teams but we exaggerate it because we watch them closely every week and critique every single move they make.

It <i>is</i> rough being a Jets fan though

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You are sadly mistaken. Jets are very consistent.

Where are they consistent at? What else? Sucking.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the problem isn't the players...we have the talent....our coaching stinks.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

fixed it for you.

19. abtabrningfire

Oh, and considering we should definitely beat the Chiefs...I should predict another loss.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Like I said in another thread, to the tune of 6-3 in OT loss.

*You are getting better.*