No Comments on Favre Rumors?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Long Time Jet Fan, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Isn't Jay Glazer the same guy that reported the rumored Packers-owned cellphone that was debunked? For some reason I'm not surprised that you were the one to start this thread, though.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i just heard about this, and i gotta say i find it laughable that this is even being discussed. first of all what can favre actually tell anyone that will help them beat the packers? does he know something like if you make fun of rodgers mom he will cry?

i mean anything as far as maybe audible signals or something are easily changed, and im sure they were once favre left. i dont care if favre did give them information, there is no way anything he could say about the packers would help in beating the packers.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Eh, its not really our business. Its an interesting story, but its like the new dude in the crew has beef with someone from his old crew and their rival on a completely different turf.

Its NFC North business. Sounds childish though. Didn't the Packers win by a lot in that game?

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

1st off it's hearsay with no proof, Glazer was on the radio earlier and was stood behind it. Once something valid is proven I'll have an opinion. As far as I'm concerned if the NFL doesn't take issue with then there isn't a problem.

6. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Favre's info can't even help the terrible Lions.

8. uberchink

uberchink New Member

I'd take Favre's word over the other's if only because the other's was proved to be a liar earlier in the Favre/Packer debacle.

9. Long Time Jet Fan

These replies don't surprise me. The story has actually been corraborated by others. The Lions coach doesn't deny the allegations, just says no comment. He did it. And no it's not against the rules, but if a Jets player did this you guys would be all over them calling them names I could say to my children. But it's your savior Favre so he gets a ride. abyzmul, I really didn't need more proof that Favre's an ass. It's available in mass quantities. The guy obviously never grew up. He's a child in many ways. And this article has been out there for days. I just found it interesting that I hadn't seen it here.

#9 Long Time Jet Fan, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  10. Long Time Jet Fan

A liar? He was given misinformation, that doesn't make him a liar.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

so you wanted to post this just to call us all hypocrites? so you did it just because you felt arguing. cool

12. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

I could give a damn less................SCREW THE PACKERS

13. uberchink

uberchink New Member

thats besides the point. if he was wrong before so who's to say he isnt wrong again. favre so far has yet to make up any lies so ill believe him until proven otherwise. so should you

14. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

Jay Glazer is not a credible reporter and will do anything for a story. Isn't this the same guy who said that Favre for sure had a Packer's issued cell phone in the B.S. GB tampering charge? Jay Glazer has put forward no proof whatsoever. He will not say where he gets this information and no one has come forward. Perhaps I didn't read the same one paragraph article, with no sources, that you read. Perhaps I missed something. Please tell me who the sources are!

ESPN didn't even pick up on this story; there's nothing to it and it doesn't add up. Do you really think that if Favre had a phone conversation with the Marinelli, that Marinelli or Favre would have gone around telling people that Favre gave away tips on how to beat the Packers? I'm sorry, but that doesn't add up. If someone's going to make accusations, they should have the balls to back them up. Unfortunately, reporters like Glazer can say whatever the hell they want with no repercussions. Fox knows that the story is not credible, but they don't care because it's a sells.

All of you that assume that Favre is guilty here, need to stop reading everything you read. Just because the National Enquirer captured Bigfoot and discovered that JFK is still alive doens't mean it's so.

#14 greenwhite&nogold, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The story has two things wrong with it:

1. There's absolutely no reason to believe that Favre actually did this, and it clearly doesn't serve him well at all given that it was going to come out if he did it.

2. It was reported by Fox News, who are about as reliable a source of information as the Goebbels Fairy.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I got nothing against the Packers. I think they're a good team.

Favre wasn't part of their team in the offseason. He didn't get any updates on the playbook. He didn't know of their game plan. All he knew was their playbook that has probably changed by 30% due to a new season and a new QB. How good is that for the Lions?

Lions are going to need a whole lot more than a one hour phone call to beat the Packs. And I doubt if Favre was that stupid anyways...

Regardless, Favre is a Jet now and Packers are 'just' another team for him...at this time of the season anyways. Why would Favre wanna help the Lions anyways? He knows its gonna take a whole lot more than a phone call for the Lions to beat Packs.

Pretty pathetic story, only reported on FoxSports thus far (I think). Gives you a pretty good idea of its credibility.

17. Traveling

Traveling New Member

Tell us how your really feel. ;)

Seriously though, you are entitled to your opinion, but as of right now everything has been through "unnamed sources" and nothing has been proven. A person is innocent until proven guilty. It isn't fair to anyone to say, "Well I believe it to be true therefore it is true." BTW, some of the Lions' staff has denied this. If I were the Lions' HC, I would say no comment as well. His saying that means nothing. If he doesn't know anything about the situation his first response should be that because what if later this does prove to be true and he denied it. He would get nothing but questions about why he denied it.

It is always interesting to discuss these types of things, but we do have to be careful about what is actually true and what people believe to be true. For example, I remember when it was first coming out that Favre was coming out of retirement. All the papers in Wisconsin blasted the headline that Favre wanted out of Green Bay through an unconditional release. That was the story that ran for the first part of this whole saga. While that part was true, the part that wasn't covered initially is that Brett wanted to come back the the Packers and the Packers didn't want him back. It was after that where Brett said fine, then release me. Still, by initially reporting the story the way the media did, it left a lot of bitter feelings in people towards Favre because they felt he was the one turning his back on the team without the whole story being told.

My point is that we need to be careful about jumping to conclusions without finding out all of the details. That is true for any story that comes out about anyone without some kind of firm proof to back it up. We know that the media never make any mistakes, right? I, for one, am willing to wait to see how this all plays out. If Brett did this I will be greatly disappointed in him. If not, I think Jay Glazer needs to be taken to task for reporting such things without any firm proof.

18. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

Fox Sports is about as reliable as The National Enquirer. Just another ridiculous Brett Favre gossip story. I was really hoping to NOT see it being repeated here.

19. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

I actually believe Glazer's report is credible. Favre probably did give out info. If the info was false then its not Glazer's fault. His sources are lying if anything, but as far as I know Glazer has always been a reliable reporter.
    Brett needs to let this go and concentrate on being a Jet. I'm surprised more Jets fans haven't gotten pissed about this. Brett's a jet. He needs to worry about Jets affairs. There's certainly a lot of work to be done with this team.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Reporting misinformation without confirming it is a cross between sensational journalism and irresponsible journalism, and I wish journalists were prosecuted for it since they know that 90% of the public will see the headline and never see the retraction.