You guys are being serious?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Magnus Malax

Magnus Malax New Member

I agree about this fan base being most happy when they're screaming for someone's head.

I can't say that I'm happy with this loss. I'll admit it's tough to fly out to Oakland and win. Their QB played much better than he has been.

These are games that you have to win. This one will hurt more than most and longer than most.

I don't think that this game means that anyone necessarily needs firing. The players were consistently put into position to make plays and win the game. They didn't. You can't fire all of them...so everyone's screaming for the coach's head. It's still early. Calm down.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Just go pop your Prozac's and move on with life...3-3 with 10 games left...LOL and I'm crazy for being optimistic...

3. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

keep preachin my brotha

4. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

It was an absolutely terrible loss, but there's no reason to write off the season yet.

5. JetsLookingforDWare

Lol. My bad. I forget how serious October football is...plus I thought we wanted to "change the culture."

6. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

3-3, well on pace for 8-8 mediocrity and a non-playoff season, forget actually winning playoff games or winning an SB. I'm sure with our QB though we'll eventually get to the playoffs right? I mean he's going to be here for the next decade, we've got that position shored up!

Oh wait, he's 39 and we might not even have him next year, and if we do it'll definitely be his last.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I can agree with that. But people thinking the fans should be happy where the team is at, well that is not going to happen.

8. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Obviously. I mean, everything only exists in polar extremes, so when I sarcastically express annoyance with so many Jets fans acting like whiny third graders whose internet diarrhea clogs up this forum after every loss (and even after wins), the only other possible conclusion to take away is that I really want everyone to become super-optimistic homers. :rolleyes:

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

bingo...we have a winner.

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

No. We're looking for victories and Playoff births and games that are fun to watch.

Not the disgusting bullshit that was exhibited today. We lost to a joke of a franchise and we lost because we were outplayed and outcoached by a guy who looks like Chris Moneymaker. That's just awful.

11. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Let's look at it this way... we could be in a much worse position. Fortunately, we have 10 games left but lets actually win the games we are meant to win.

12. The Uniform Bomber

LOLOLOLOLOL OMG when we miss by the Playoffs by a game, we'll look back to the game we lost in October to a team who'll be drafting in the Top 5 again.

This isn't baseball or basketball. There are 16 games, each one is of utmost importance. Especially the ones you're supposed to win.

Here's to next week when the Chiefs D will pitch a shutout and Thigpen will have his first 300 yard/3 TD game.

13. The Uniform Bomber

We now have to win at least 7 of the next 10 games.

After watching this abomination today, please convince me why you think that's possible.

14. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

2006- all you heard around here was the Jets made the playoffs because their schedule was soft.

2008- if the Jets make the playoffs, the Jets playoff berth will be attributed to the golden arm of Favre despite a just as pathetic schedule.

15. JetsLookingforDWare

Uh huh. These victories, playoff *berths*, and fun games should all come consecutively and without fail.

If we falter, we must destroy and rebuild.

BTW: I'm honored you consider me a "loony." No only is that term highly offensive, but it's very true. I'm crazy.

16. Tight

Tight Active Member

No losing to one of the worst teams in the league is no big deal, just keep your head up and keep saying playoffs.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Exactly, no time to lose. You can't lose 4 games in Oct. and make the playoffs. (as an example, I know the Jets have not lost four)

18. The Uniform Bomber

Without fail? When a team has a pretty solid core, then goes and spends 140 million bucks in the Offseason and lands Brett Favre, I'd expect them to be better than 3-3 and losing to the Raiders.

19. JetsLookingforDWare

OK...so your expectations...fully detailed of course and backed by hundreds of hindsight found truths I'm guessing...how much weight do they have with what actually happened? What will happen?

20. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

We had pretty much everything going for us. The Raiders are an awful team and we have been pretty much injury free all year. How long does everyone expect that to last? People go down all the time in the NFL, and these coaches simply can not adjust when that happens. Now they can't even win games they're supposed to win against crappy teams with a full deck, how do you think they will win against better teams down the stretch with injury problems?

Pats without Brady, the Raiders, and quite honestly the Chargers are all games you need to be winning if you seriously want to contend as a top team in the NFL, or even a surefire playoff team. If your expectation is the Jets struggle to an 8-8 record and just miss the playoffs, or pray for a lucky break and sneak in at 9-7 or 10-6, I do not understand firing Herm Edwards, signing all these players, and trading for Favre. You might as well just start KC and hope everything gels in the next 2 years or so, not bank it all on this year and maybe the next. Favre is 39 years old, what's the point of getting the guy to get you to 8-8?