Fire Mangini!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Ah, the excuses begin

6th most points allowed per game
    9th most yards per game
    7th most passing yards per game

That's a good defensive team if I've ever seen one.

2. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy New Member

Mangina has been bad for awhile. His play calling has been questionable for awhile now. Today it lead directly to a loss. Hes got to go, if you bring in someone like Cowher he could change the culture of this franchise.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't think Bill Cowher will coach again until 2010 at the earliest. Furthermore, I don't know if he'd want to coach in NY/NJ.

Most, if not all, of these guys will be NFL head coaches-

Mike Singletary, 49ers assistant head coach/defense
    Mike Zimmer, Bengals defensive coordinator
    Jim Schwartz, Titans defensive coordinator
    Leslie Frazier, Vikings defensive coordinator/assistant head coach
    Steve Spagnuolo, Giants defensive coordinator
    Todd Haley, Cardinals offensive coordinator (former Jets coach)
    Mike Trgovac, Panthers defensive coordinator

I really like Singletary. If anybody writes, "Well, how good could he possibly be? I mean, he coaches for the crappy 49ers."
    To that I'd reply, "Umm, Mangini has rings as an assistant coach and you want him fired."

I also think Schwartz and Haley would be good. The others on that list? Maybe, maybe not.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Take a look at the three and outs that the D is put in. The Raiders have one of the top 3 secondaries in the league and a pretty good set of LB's. Their numbers suck because the O leaves them on the field all game.

They completly shut down our WR, if Baker doesn't get interfered with by a blade of grass we win this game.

5. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I agree. I think for the most part the D played well. How can yo blamed them when they essantially give up 13 points (remember the fumble by Leon) in an overtime game. The O couldn't get it done. Quite frankly, everybody wants to blame the coaches, but I think the players themselves need to take a big responsibility. Besides Thomas I can't think of one offensive player / unit that had an oustanding game.

6. JetsLookingforDWare

You cut that shit out Winston. We were utterly and completely destroyed today.

7. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

agree agree agree!!! fire the fat lazy bastard...all he talks about is discipline.....but he himself has none ..as he stuffs his fat fuking mouth with more hot dogs/twinkies

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The problem isn't even that the Jets are too conservative.

The real problem is that the Jets are predictable and soft. This may be the most talented Jets team since 1998, maybe even more so.

Yet, we have an offensive coordinator who is unimaginative and does so much tedious nonsense that does absolutely nothing to help the gameplan, such as take out Thomas Jones when he is running well... and we have a defensive coordinator who has the team playing good football but yet can't apply pressure at critical moments, won't attack a quasi-rookie quarterback who had been struggling all season... and we have a head coach who is in completely over his head. Not to mention the fact that the team is about as clutch as a fart in the wind.

It is sad knowing that no matter how good this team is on paper, we won't be able to dream of Super Bowl glory until there is a new sheriff in town, and a good one at that.

Dan Henning anyone?

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Jets got beat by Oakland (on road) in final moments
    Bills beat Oakland (at home) in final moments

Jets 3-3
    Bills 5-1

The teams are thatclose to each being 4-2.

How much of it is coaching and how much is it players not making plays (Chris Baker) and players making plays (Trent Edwards) at the end of those two games?

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

No.

Henning is 66 years old.

He was not good as head coach of the Falcons and Chargers. He has a career record of 38-73-1.

He drove a good Falcons team into the ground. The Falcons made the playoffs three times in the five years prior to Henning. He had them in the NFC Western cellar for his first three seasons. He avoided a cellar finish in his 4th year by half a game over New Orleans.

I think Henning is a classic example of a very good coordinator who is overmatched as a head coach.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Leave the emotions for the ladies. This is sad, guy. Get a freakin hold of yourselves. Yes, we sucked offensively today, we didnt force any TO's, and we couldnt catch a break. For Christs sake, freakin Baker tripped over his own 2 feet on a pass that would have easily put us in position to win. Dallas lost the Rams, which is a perfect example why they play the game.

Whats that coming down, is that the sky falling? Ummmm, no. Its just the Jets losing another game. This response is typical.

12. xxedge72x

I want Bill Cowher as the next head coach.

Only reason I brought up Henning is because of the need for someone who is creative and imaginative in running this team... especially the offense... just like Henning.

This vanilla gameplanning and execution by our current CS won't get it done... EVER!

13. JetsLookingforDWare

Mangini and Schotty CALL the trips and stuff...FYI or w/e.

14. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

TUNA would win the SB with that talent we have on this team! Coaching does matter!

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Your thinking is good. It's just at such an advanced age, the Jets would be a little nuts to replace Mangini with Henning.

Cowher would be good, but I don't know that he'd want to coach the Jets.

16. xxedge72x

I think the Jets are a great fit for him. Already talented team and an owner who is willing to pay a king's ransom for any big name that'll make him more money.

17. Gman

Gman New Member

leons fumble killed us. the raiders were doing nothing on offense

18. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

It's always good when the mod is the voice of reason. I guess it's Mangini's fault that Favre chucks up ducks at will. Mangini was also the one who got no pressure on Russell. He really sucks. Fire that guy.

19. hazmat

hazmat New Member

We lose the turnover battle 3-0 on the road and you want to fire the coaches? Unreal. Next week will win by 3 touchdowns and everyone will say how great Mangini. Worst fans in sports.

20. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

why after every loss there is a fire manigini thread..