The Favre Difference

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Oct 12, 2008.

1. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Look for the nearest mirror...

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He through like 4 TD's on 1 drive lmao

3. Traveling

Traveling New Member

Listening to the postgame comments from Favre, it seemed like the plan on offense was to play it safe and throw a lot of short passes and screens. That is the reason for not having a "big day" on offense.

One thing that I hope everyone can see is that this team has room for improvement yet. It's not like they are playing at the top of their game and this is all we get.

4. uberchink

uberchink New Member

I hate "playing it safe". We ended up throwing 2 INTs still and had less explosiveness. At least if we bomb it out a little we might've gotten some more yards and TDs to go with the 2 INTs.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

As someone who rooted for GB for a while, you probably take for granted getting TD's in the redzone more than a lot of Jets fan do. I realize there's a lot more to scoring a TD than the actual TD play but trust me when I say we've seen far too many redzone drives end up in FG attempts over the years.

I appreciate every TD we get and when a guy scores 3 in one game for the Jets I have to tip my cap.

Great job TJ. :up:

6. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

Not all INTs are the same. Clearly one of the INTs was stupid. However, the other was more like a Punt, our receiver could have caught it (50/50) but the coverage got there and made an excellent play. Then, the ball bounced up and into the hands of another Bengal.

Also, Favre's one TD is also misleading. Favre managed the game quite well and moved us into the red zone all day. On two of those drives we ran it in. It was the safe thing, but had Favre passed those in, which we all know he can do, he would have had 3 TDs for the day.

Oh, and let's not forget the drive where Favre threw like 4 TDs that kept getting yanked back because of stupid penalties.

A win is a win, is a win. Seriously, this "Favre sucks" BS is really starting to piss me off.

7. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

All I want is a win. We got it. I don't care about yards. Favre wasn't at his best today. No problem. I expect this to happen every once in a while. The D and running game came through.

8. uberchink

uberchink New Member

I agree. Favre didn't have his best day but he was certainly better than his 77 passer rating would indicate.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

So Favre had a bad day...

Favre Being Favre...Screw it, let him be himself.

10. uberchink

uberchink New Member

i hate when ppl say Favre's an attention whore. I somehow doubt he likes being nitpicked every single team he enters and leaves the field.

11. keypusher

keypusher Member

Fins fan here. Look, even age 39 Favre is better than Pennington, no doubt in my mind. But Pennington played very well against the Texans. He's been at least as much of a factor as Brown in the Dolphins' improvement this year.

12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Favre and Cotch said that corners and safeties weren't allowing Cotch and Coles get behind them all game. That's why we saw draws that worked so well and also dumped stuff off underneath. Brett's performance against the Cards helped us dictate the way we were going to move the ball down the field because the defense had to respect the long ball. The running game should've been better because of that, but I'm not going to complain. Jones had a solid outing w/ 3 TD's. But, throwing more "bombs" when the coverage and help was there (as was evidenced on both picks) is what gave Favre his 2 picks, but he still took his chances. It was a good game plan to keep the chains moving IMO. Good win overall.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Good one. But my intangibles are still bigger than yours.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That was mostly a series of calls by the refs. They called a man downfield, then the pick on Stuckey, then we got bailed out with a defensive holding and an automatic first down. Nice sequence but it was more a product of the officiating than anything else.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yeah, where was Chad at MLB allowing Shaub to run it in like that? Silly Chad.

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'll say this, and I prepare to be flamed for this, but I want to see what other people think.

If Pennington is on the field instead of Favre, we win that game by 20.

17. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

And we lose to Arizona. If wishes were fishes, let it go man, let it go.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

It's impossible to say. Our running game hasn't been anything like they have in Miami and that's one thing that really helps his game. My opinion is that we may have had more FG's and probably not have thrown any INT's. I say we would have ended up with a FG at best on our first TD drive w/Penny. Who knows if he would have fumbled?

I think we would have won w/Penny yesterday, but I don't know if we would have won by more.

19. keypusher

keypusher Member

If Pennington played the way he did against Houston, you probably would have won by more. If he played the way he did against Arizona, you might not have won at all. Who cares? Even if you upgrade at a position, the new guy will almost certainly have games where he's worse than the old guy would have been.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

:rofl: Favre kept Cincy in the game, if not for Favre that game is never close.