Has Randy Moss thrown in the Towel?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NDmick, Sep 23, 2008.

1. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

It's all good #12 will be on the field next year ..

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Ever.

3. SeymourSacks

SeymourSacks New Member

Hmm, you mean this pass?

(Wont let me post links, i spaced out the HTTP)

ht tp://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/02/04/sports/04crouse.1.650.jpg

He was being mauled on those final 2 hail mary plays to him in the Super Bowl. Granted, given the game situation, its really tough to throw a PI call in those situations, but to suggest he was giving up is completely ridiculous and baseless. He lives for those moments as a star athlete and play maker.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

watch the video.

"He lives for those moments." Who are you, his doorman?

5. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Wow, isn't it like Jet fans to make things up and spin things just to make themselves feel better about their own chances for the season. Well I wont argue with any of the nonsense you guys like jumping up and down about. What I will do is predict that Randy Moss will make all of you feel like crying before the season is over, and then you can telll me how much he's thrown in the towl.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. Are you suggesting that Randy Moss DOESN'T have a history of dogging it at certain points in his career?

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Belichick denies tampering accusation by Davis
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriots-tampering&prov=ap&type=lgns
    By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer Oct 1, 6:00 pm EDT

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP)—Patriots coach Bill Belichick denied Wednesday the claim by Raiders owner Al Davis that New England had a workout with Randy Moss before obtaining him in a trade with Oakland.

Davis said Tuesday that the Patriots had tampered with Moss before the deal in April 2007 that brought the wide receiver to the Patriots for a fourth-round choice that year on the weekend of the NFL draft.

“I’ve told the story about Randy many, many times,” Belichick said in a conference call with members of the media covering the 49ers, “and the first time I ever talked to Randy was the Sunday morning of the second day of the draft last year.

“So that’s the first time I met him. That’s the first time I talked to him. There was no workout. There was no other contact with him.”

Davis made the tampering accusation after ending a news conference in which he announced the firing of coach Lane Kiffin.

Asked Wednesday if he had a response to Davis, Moss said, “No, not at all.”

Belichick sidestepped the question when asked by New England reporters, saying he was concentrating on Sunday’s game at San Francisco.

In an e-mail to The Associated Press, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Wednesday, “No tampering charges have ever been filed with our office with respect to Randy Moss.”

Moss, disgruntled for most of his two seasons with the Raiders, set an NFL single-season record with 23 touchdown receptions in his first season with New England.

Davis said other teams didn’t want Moss before the Patriots obtained him.

“You know how many teams turned him down?” Davis said. “That guy in Green Bay thought he couldn’t run any more. Even Denver, where they’ll take anybody, turned him down.”

He did not identify the person in Green Bay.

Davis said former Raiders senior personnel executive Michael Lombardi, who was fired 10 days after the Moss trade, spoke to Belichick about Moss.

“What’s his name knew he could run, he’s a friend of Belichick’s. Mike Lombardi,” Davis said Tuesday. “Mike sold what’s his name, Belichick, on the idea that he could run. They tampered with him. I remember (Patriots owner) Bob Kraft saying that he had to look him in the eye and all that. They went down and worked him out, he could run. He’s their team, of course, with the quarterback.”

Moss had 98 catches during the regular season last year, 22 in the first three games. With Brady out for the season after hurting his knee in the opener, Moss has 12 catches in three games.

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

to be honest, does it matter if the Pats tampered with Moss in this case? Davis still had to trade him there. its not as though Moss has a no-trade clause, or he could just refuse to accept a trade to someplace, he didnt have a choice. So even if the Pats talked him into it, he was given permission to seek a trade was he not? Anyways, it's all a moot point, the Pats will get away with it without punishment, this time however, i dont see it as a big deal...

9. SeymourSacks

SeymourSacks New Member

Get away with it? You say it as if its true and the Pats will simply just "get away with it." Its 1 old, disgruntled guy who exaggerates everything saying that. It also wasn't tampering, since he said that Mike Lombardi told Belichick that Moss can still run.

The Jets had a formal complaint filed against them, Al Davis and the Raiders filed no such grievance. There was no tampering, just an elderly, confused, bitter old man that likes to jibber jabber.

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

And the NFL found there was no tampering on the Jets' part. Just wanted to clear up that part that you left out.

In this case, I personally think Al Davis is fucking crazy. First, I could see if another team tried tampering with Moss if he wound up trading him to the Pats. I mean, if you were angry with them for tampering, then why trade him to that team? If they thought there was tampering THEN, Davis should have reported it when it supposedly happened, and not wait over a year and a half to mention it. If the Pats would have been investigated at the time, Moss probably would have cost them more than just the 4th rounder they paid for him.

But Davis didn't do anything about it until opening his mouth about it now. Too bad for him.

It pains me to say it, but I'm going to have side with the Pats on this one. It would have been pretty easy to prove Moss going there for a workout. Then again, when most teams trade for a player, don't they usually give them a physical? Maybe Al's just confusing a physical for a workout?

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i think we can all chalk this up to wishful thinking, at least for now

12. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Giving up with about 3/4 of the season left to play?

Some fan you are.

13. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Francis .. look at your location ..

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is anyone really lending any credence to a word Al Davis speaks? The guy is shitting his diaper as we add posts to this thread.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I was looking for the guy in the back moving Al's arms up and down with strings.

16. Grogan

Grogan Banned

5 For over 100 yesterday, yeah Jet fans wish they had a WR that threw the towel in like that. :rofl:

17. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Every team in the NFL would love to have the WR Randy Moss. Only few would want the person Randy Moss.

18. abyzmul

Yes, he dominated that vaunted 49ers defense.

19. Grogan

Grogan Banned

Oh, I'm sorry I forgot, wins only count when your the Jet and playing teams like the mighty Arizona Cardinals. What's the matter, the Pats aren't rolling over and dieing like you hoped? Get used to it, it's going to be a long season. :up:

20. abyzmul

Who brought up the Jets? Misdirect much? And you're right, their dominant wins over powerhouse teams like the Chiefs and 49ers has me convinced that the Patriots are still the real deal. I'm not going to what-if the Jets-Pats game, Belichick called a good gameplan and Mangini did not. The rest of it? Yes, very impressive. If beating the likes of Herm Edwards and Mike Nolan is what gives you hope, you're as dumb as I thought you were.

Fact is, you're getting your shots in early because you know they are preparing for that belly-roll and you'll be off digging up your old Elway and Terrell Davis jerseys and telling people how much of a die-hard Donks fan you've always been.