Madden 09...the BEST Madden I have ever played.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PennyandtheJets, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

My Madden IQ is 650, too, but I don't think I'm that good. Better than you fools, sure, but I'm not that great. :smile:

2. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

My Madden IQ is also at 650, but I haven't played online yet. I'm sure I'd get crushed there, with all the glitches and tricks gamers eventually figure out.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

exactly why I hate playing online...not like playing the computer is much better...

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I've been doing fairly well online. I think i'm 12-15. I have quick match search for players on my level. I noticed as it's loading there is a message from EA about cracking down on cheaters and people ruining online games. other than quitting a game,how are people ruining and cheating?

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Playing online sucked. I don't have the time to learn all the cheats and tricks, making the rankings skewered. Especially on the PC, where synching is king just to increase a player rankings.

Plus lots of gimmick offenses and Defenses. Some of which you can't even get a play off.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

12-15 sucks....youre losing more then winning.

7. jetsaholic1094

I haven't played Madden online since it first became available (in '03?) via the PS2 network adapter...so yeah, I probably have a huge learning curve to hurdle in terms of getting used to all that sorta trickery again (though, I was 35-5 back in the day). I remember playing against gamers who somehow figured out a glitch to block almost all my FG attempts, to the point I just decided to go for it on 4th downs.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Has anybody noticed commercial ads during the game. Like on the corners of the graphic that shows the score, or stats, or starting lineup?

I saw an ad for Eagle Eye on it the other day during an online game.

9. jetsaholic1094

Yeah, I guess in-game advertisement isn't all that uncommon anymore. I saw a Tropic Thunder promo poster in the Theater map of R6 Vegas 2 online. I lol'd. Now I'm seeing stuff for Quantum of Solace.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

very common, low cost, and also very effective believe it or not. Video Games is one of the hottest vehicles for ads today...

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I agree 100%. It was just so new to me, because I didn't expect to see such current ads pop up during the game. It's such a great way to reach your target audience with ads that are highly relevant to the Madden demographic.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Thanks.... But you didnt need to agree. Its a proven fact. ( Im in advertising:wink:)

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I agree 100% that I didn't need to agree with you there. :smile:

#233 rmagedon, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  14. Drew

Drew Active Member

The ads don't bother me at all this year, but last year they did. It seemed like everytime I would play Madden, it would have to update/install them. So whenever I would put the game on it downloaded them. Annoying, but atleast it's fixed this year.

The NHL games do the same thing and put new advertisements on the boards.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm a few games below .500 online. I just like to play against other people, but it always blows when they either quit or play like jackasses. Lag is also a pain in the ass. Still, it's more fun playing online then anything else.

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

exactly the point of advertising...Our generation ( im assuming your under 35) responds very well to ads that arent forced down our throats....it needs to be subtle, yet present to the point that we see it.

who cares..

As for online, the avg level that I play is Level 6 and im 13-7....I need to get a 3-1 win ratio to be taken seriously online. I like playing the ballers. I lost to the 91 ranked guy by a last second TD. 21-17.....Pissed me off....

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Yeah,but after getting my ass kicked every game by the PC,i'm glad i actually won 12. I was 0-6 to start.