Can I get a psl update?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hoobash, Oct 3, 2008.

1. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Why are you saying you won't get a pick until the last phase?? After this silly Coaches Club auction, you should be close to some of the next in line given you've had tix since 1980?? Not saying you're first, because I know we have some 39yr ticket holders, but you definitely won't be last.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

According to the NYJs tix office the 1st tier is from the beginning of the NYJs computer system which was 01/01/77. All those before that date were lumped into that date since the tix office said they did not have paperwork to ID tix holders earlier then that date

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Everyone calling the NY Jets front office for concrete "information" about what will happen to their seats should realize that most of what they'll tell anyone right now is meaningless, because:

a) the operators are all programmed to give it positive spin and minimize public indignation. They're going to tell you their company "line" and talking points, period. Don't expect concrete information.
    b) their financial marketing analysis of the feasability of charging these ridiculous PSLs is many, many months old and doesn't take into consideration the current financial crisis nor the downturn in the markets (the DOW is now, today, below 10,000, a ten-year low, as of this writing).
    c) they haven't even run their cockamamie "auction" yet, so they have no success or failure rate of this to properly guage what will happen next. If they set minimums, which they will probably be forced to do, this could force many more than expected ticketholders in the LL or MEZ to scramble to the Uppers, thereby greatly upsetting the balance, much more than their current, rose-colored estimates,
    d) they have never meaningfully polled any of us ticketholders to find out exactly what we would do given sane choices for staying in our current seats and what our financial pain thresholds really are. The only survey we received was so off the wall and beyond anything reasonable that I, for one, didn't even respond, that's how ridiculous the numbers were. Therefore,
    e) they can't possibly have a clue and are answering phone calls because they have to and as a face-saving marketing tool and a negative PR minimizing tool. Any answers you get right now are pure smoke and mirrors. In other words, bullshit.

What we do know for sure is:

a) no one has a seat in the new stadium, period. The deck (all seats) will be completely reshuffled. It's going to be a game of musical chairs. Get out of your current seat and circle-jerk around until they eventually place you in your new seat based on:
    b) longevity first (length of time you've been a ticketholder). This takes precidence over your current seat location no matter what section you're in now. Woody has already stated this, both publicly and in writing in his brochure to all season ticketholders on the mailing list. You will get your seat assignment in order of how long you've held your tickets.

What I personally see happening, based on current economic situations unfolding even as we speak, is nothing short of a PR disaster for the NY Jets' PSL program. The Giants will fare better than the Jets, but it'll still be a very difficult sell for them. They at least haven't set up their program in the form of a public auction, so they've avoided the possible public embarrassment of having it fall flat on its face.

But the Jets' program has them starting this off in a very public way during a time which could not possibly be any more precarious. As someone else pointed out, the PSLs aren't even the worst of it, it's the ticket prices. But now, with all the economic uncertainty (it looks like it's going global... stock markets in Europe have tanked visciously over night, predicting a possible global recession), the Jets' PSLs will suffer and get a second look because many of the businesses that would have bid on these cockamamie PSLs as perks for their customers will be considering this a far-too-expensive luxury. That's even if they can find it within their operating budgets right now for any sort of perk like this.

This is why it makes no sense to call the FO right now and ask them, "What's going to happen to my seats?" You might as well call and ask, "Are we going to the Super Bowl this year?" They haven't a clue, nor does anyone else.

#23 Section 227. Row 5, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

they already scammed you out of extra loot just for sitting with a concrete shelter above your head.why not try and dig alittle deeper.

6. 17a_tailgater

Can I transfer my PSL?

PSL can be transferred, subject to the Jets Transfer Policy, once a year after March 1, 2011. Once you transfer a PSL you will no longer have any rights as it relates to that seat(s). Those seats without PSLs associated with them – the entire upper bowl – are non-transferable.

There will be a 3-month grace period between November 1, 2008 and
    January 31, 2009 in which current season ticket holders will be permitted to consolidate or transfer accounts at the existing stadium to immediate
    family only.

How will seat selection priority be determined?

Priority for the seat selection process will be based on account seniority and seat location. The Jets Season Ticket Holder records that have been kept in the ordinary course of business go back to 1977. Seniority of tickets that have been transferred to anyone other than immediate family members will be based on the year of the transfer. Within each year, priority will be determined by seat location. All accounts pre-1978 will be considered the same year and priority based on seat location.

7. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Don't know if anyone has seen the NY Post yet, but the Jets will be airing PSL Commercials on TV, with freaking Donald Trump in a fur coat (ala Joe Namath) to try and drum up interest...Are they serious? What I find amazing, is that the $700 price per ticket per game, doesn't even include BOOZE? This keeps getting better...I figured at least for the $700, you could get some champagne brunch, cocktails, beers, etc. What a mess. Dow 9,955...

8. championjets69

Ha that is the cats meow. I guess Woody has been getting negative vibes about his auction idea

9. 17a_tailgater

i hope it crashes and burns.
    i hope they dont get enough bids for all the seats.

10. championjets69

I'm sure all season tix holders hope that Woody crashes & burns concerning the PSLs

11. 17a_tailgater

i just called again about my priority and i dont trust these guys a lick.
    my priority again was reassured to me to be first. member since 1977.

***but if you read it says transfers not from a immediate family member will have the transfer date*********

i was still told my date is 1977.

i dont trust them

12. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Thats great news, no?? Maybe they have scrapped the PSL plan, and what they're gonna do now is line up every season ticket holder at 4 gates. There will be a mad dash to the seats (no punching above the shoulders, and no biting)...Whatever seat you get to first, you own. All weapons will be confiscated at the gate, but folding chairs and broomsticks are acceptable weapons.

13. 17a_tailgater

i asked what section gets sun the longest and got no answer.
    very important to me.

14. championjets69

Yep got my invite also. Chuckled & swiftly sent it to the thrash file for deleting

15. jetmetnet

jetmetnet New Member

the minimum starting bid for the coaches club auction is $5000. it wud be funny if some of those seats sell for a minimum...while the other club seats are already priced way above that. i was thinking of registering and bidding the minimum, but the face value of the tkt is ridiculous....only if they'd included booze, food, spa and an "infinity" swimpool i might've considered :)

16. 17a_tailgater

does fireman ed have to pay a PSL????

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

PSL update. You're all still fucked. Right in the arse....

18. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Thanks for your input. It's very well-stated.

So far, everyone I have talked with who had season tix to the Jets and/or Giants are dumping them. I have to think that the Mets and Yankees are facing a similar situation with their new stadiums.

In fact, NYC mightbe the toughest market in the country right now to try to sell over-priced sports seats to. Our corporations are ALL looking to dump unecessary expenditures right now, and stadium seats (especially at the ridiculous prices teams have begun to charge) will be among the first things to go.

I love it!

I hope these greedy sports team owners all choke to death on the ridiculous prices they're trying to gouge us with. (Not that I can afford tickey prices anyway--I was priced out a long time ago!)

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

couldnt be better timing. i truly do hope they both flop right on their faces. i hope they have a half empty lower section and the "bowl" is filled to the rim. psls are one of the biggest ripoffs i have seen, even for a group like the greedy nfl its a shame. so essentially you could get these fancy coaches club seats for a lower psl than a number of other locations in the stadiium, you would think they would have at least opened the bidding at the highest other section. stupidity is prevalent

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

Don't think the Jets front office a-holes aren't nervous as hell right now. Amex is tossing cardmembers out that are current on their bills just because they hold a mortgage with a company in trouble.............and these jerks want 5, 10 and 20 g's just for the privilege of PAYING FOR A TICKET to go to freaken Jersey, sit in traffic, & freeze your a$$ off to watch a team that hasn't won since 1969.

The worse it gets, the cheaper the tickets are going to be on ebay. Ya hear that Woody? Come December, I'm gonna buy tickets for 25 bucks and I'm gonna piss in the sink of your 1.6 billion dollar palace.