The Mangini appreciation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Angry Teste, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad Herm is gone. Where are the Herm lovers now?

Regardless of the let downs we've had, I feel Mangini has put us in a great position to make it to the post-season. Even Campionjet69 thinks we can do it!

We can't focus on our mistakes, but look at the youth our team has, along with the veteran (Pro bowlers) experience that is bringing leadership into our lockerroom. In the next offseason, we havethe opportunity to fill the holes we have and continue a winning organization.

Going into this last offseason, we had so many holes, I couldn't even believe that we could be in the position for another 3 years!

I,for one, know Brett Farve is not the answer. But he has made this season an exciting one to watch. And as a fan, I know we are poised to make the playoffs for many years to come.

I am not noramlly a sunshiner, but I know that we are all glad the Herm Edwards is no longer a part of our organization! Mangini, through all your criticisms, had turned a ball of Herm Edwards mud, and made us into a playoff team. He did it through strong drafting, great offseason acquisitions, and excellent leadership.

Thanks Mangini.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I haven't read a Mangini > Herm thread in years.

I really haven't seen enough to warrant much appreciation from me. YET.

3. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He doesn't deserve an appreciation thread

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

if we are 6-3 (which is absolutely doable and should be expected) i will be much more appreciative. He has to prove he can win the games he should win with this team

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LOL Angry, we might have to change your name to "Kicked in the teste" after this one.

6. JetsLookingforDWare

Smartest coach the Jets have had since Parcells.

I'm a major fan. He's turned around the atmosphere of the locker room and franchise. He's brought a certain focus and discipline to the Jets that seemingly has us on the ever elusive "right track."

He (and Tannenbaum) took their jobs with a dead roster and no cap room, and took them to playoffs in their first year. He finally gave Cotch a chance to start, and Cotchery is now our biggest and most underrated receiving threat. Kerry Rhodes has the two best years of his career, and jumps up NFL safety rankings in the two years Mangini is here. Shaun Ellis has played with a new life under him.

Second year, sure we struggled. We also moved on. Not enough speed and size on the D? Cool, we got cap room. He and Tanny go out and get us Kris Jenkins, Calvin Pace, and a great DE/OLB prospect in the draft. Don't have a QB we can trust right now? Trade for a future HOFer.

I think he's got the potential to be the best coach in franchise history. So I'll be the first motherfucker to appreciate him in this thread.

7. JetsLookingforDWare

Damn. I'm gonna throw in that he deserves from props just for coaching a team with a bunch of cynics calling themselves a fanbase.

We love Lane Kiffin here but don't trust Mangini...yet they're so similar they even look alike.

8. jmac6311

jmac6311 New Member

He's significantly better than clueless herm but thats not saying much. He has a chance to be a very good coach/great coach but he hasn't proved it yet. He's very young and shown some promise which is more than I can say for Herm who could never manage a game.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

he is better than herm thats for sure. is he great? hopefully we find out for sure this year.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'll appreciate him more if he fires that idiot Bob Sutton and hires a defensive coordinator with an aggressive, more consistent approach.

11. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

That being said, when you see him on the sidelines during a game, he always looks like he just got off the short bus.

12. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

It is me or has this board in the past year or two devolved from good debate (most of the time) about a team posters knew everyone loved to calling out posters who disagree with you and rubbing it people's faces. From Pennington to Coles to Favre to Gholston to Mangini to Kendall...etc, etc.

Everything isn't black-and-white. Just because a poster criticizes a player doesn't mean they don't want him to succeed. And when you "call one right" you don't automatically have to pull up old threads and prove how smart you were.

People spend 365 days a year on here based on 52+ hours of actually game time...I think that is proof enough that they are "real fans."

(I imagine someone is going to say I am "calling out" Angry Teste, but I am just using it as the latest example of what is plaguing the board in my opinion.)

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Good post.

I think the uncertainty is the base of rising tensions on the board as well as the expectations for the season. I think the inconsistency in the defense has some people bothered (*raises hand*).

I am guilty of pulling up link of "got one," but I try my hardest to do it in jest. I have also pulled up threads where I was completely wrong... for example, "The Jets aren't getting Brett Favre." That's my favorite... Message Board "credit" is a self esteem booster, being able to predict the future and having the evidence to back it up.

I still don't know the direction this team is heading, and with that, the tensions rise.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

When we get to the Afc Championship he will get love in an appreciation Thread. Until that time he is in the same boat as the rest of em!

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The first year Joe Montana went to the Chiefs they went to the AFC Championship game... but they lost to the Bills in 94.

I can see the Jets losing that same game again 10 years later to Denver or PIT.

16. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Mangini is a major upgrade over Edwards, it seems to me.

That being said, it's a little early in the what is this season? for me to offer up an appreciation thread.

Last in in this line is a better idea.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait until the team wins a few games before I get excited, thank you very much.

18. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Sure, Herm had persona and was wonderful with the media but was severely outcoached by the better coaches in the NFL.

Mangini did beat the Pats in 2006 and we all were excited as hell to be in the playoffs. We thought we turned a corner toward better things then.

Then came 2007. In retrospect, the roster was overrated and could not improve with a tougher schedule and poor O and D line play.

The management (Mike T and Mangini) took the initiative and brought in people who fit not only the system but the personality of the team. Professional and workmanlike.

I'm giving coach M a pat on the back for the work done so far. 2007 included. But on the other side of the token, I'm expecting him to learn from the mistakes made (New England and San Diego) and push this team foward.

If he can guide us to beating the marginal talented teams we have upcoming on the schedule, hopefully we stand up to the top teams we have left to face.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I was a huge fan of EMs after the 06 season and was repping the 'In Mangini we trust' belief like everyone else but 07 was a huuuge letdown; absolutely massive regression so I'm gonna say the jury is still out on EM til this season plays itself out. It's a best-of-3 and it's 1-1 right now so...

I do believe we'll step it up down the stretch here.

20. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

ManHolyShitYourDumb