Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Of course, man, you have to. I've been a Jet fan since Namath was our QB, seen everyone since come and go. The ones I liked I continued to root for as long as it didn't affect the Jets in any way. I rooted for Todd as a Saint, O'Brien as an Eagle, Vinny as a Cowboy and Panther (not a Patriot), even Jeff Blake as a Bengal.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Richard Todd. Wow. That is a blast from the Past.

3. Italian Seafood

Little known fact--he was actually resigned to the Jets during the 10-1 start in 1986 but never played in a game. O'Brien was on a total roll at that time and Ryan was a capable backup.

4. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

You are so right Favre4Ever,

The "building for the sometime in the future, but we don't know when attitude" probably cost Green Bay another SB with Favre at the helm.

Great news for the :jets: "if" they want to keep this group together, work out the kinks and make a run.

When you have a group like this, you go for it now and try again next year too, you don't make the mistake Green Bay made by not making the most of a potential window of opportunity !!

Cheers :beer:

5. Italian Seafood

I don't get how anyone is not win-now anymore. Unless you just tanked completely and brought in an all-new regime you're trying to win now. Even when we did that in 2006 with Mangini it was win now, although the expectations were different and people would have understood if we didn't. Nobody believed him but we went 10-6 and made the playoffs. You just can't keep groups of players together and healthy long enough to rebuild for more than a year or two, max. Free agency and the cap changed all that for good.

6. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Well, that was pretty much the premise of this thread. Last week Hemi & GSourJr & others were posting that we needed to throw in the towel & bench/release Favre immediately because his presences is getting in the way of "win later"

So there are definitely people who think this way. Both on this board and in the Packer's organization perhaps, as some have pointed out.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I remember that idiot Paul McGwire saying we would lose our last 5 games that year and we did...:mad:

8. Italian Seafood

I think Hemi was just pissed off. If you come here a while you'll begin to ignore posters like GSour, Jr.

#628 Italian Seafood, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  9. Italian Seafood

Yeah, then he had to come to the Meadowlands for the Wild Card game and the fans were all out to get him, he looked pretty scared. I hated him for years after that.

10. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Ain't that the truth. Makes me sick but I'm getting over it because I really am starting to likethe line and Coles, Cotchery & Co.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

C&C Touchdown Factory

12. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Ow, that hurt.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I like C^3- Coles, Cotch and Chansi.

Let's make that the new insignia for the Corps

14. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Now if only we had a receiver with a name that started with P.

It could be 3cPoh.

And with that I'm hitting the hay.

15. markcsoul

markcsoul New Member

Favre can break more records this year!

Hello! Just joined your boards today. I'm a longtime Packers and Favre fan, and now that he's with your Jets, I'm becoming a Jet's fan as well (Packers fan first though!).

After Favre's personal best and tied for team best 6 td's last sunday, many were surprised he still had records that could be broken. Well I did a little research, and here are some records he could surpass this year.

Completion Percentage in a Season:
    Top 3 in this category all have 70% completion rates, which Favre also has currently. If he finished with a 70.56% or higher rate this season, he will have the new record in this category.

Most 300+ yard passing games in a Career:
    Record is Marino with 63, Favre currently has 55, which means he needs 8 of the last 12 games to tie, 9+ to surpass. Would be a tall task, but it's possible. If he did it, he would also likely tie or surpass the record for most consecutive 300+ yard games at 6.

Most seasons leading the league in touchdowns:
    Favre is currently tied for first with 4 seasons (1995-97, 2003). He is currently first place in the nfl right now, and if he finished first he will be alone at top with 5 seasons.

Most 4+ td games in a Career:
    Marino has the record with 21. After last Sunday Favre has 20, meaning he only needs one more game this season to tie, 2+ to surpass.

And obviously all his other records will only be further padded as the seasons goes on, including a decent chance for his NINTH season of 30+ td passes, as well as a chance to have his first season with a 100+ qb rating! If that all happens, maybe even a chance at a record FOURTH MVP?

16. GreenbayJet

GreenbayJet New Member

First time poster here....I now have 2 teams to root for:up:
    but pulling a bit more for the Jets as long as Brett is around.
    Conditional fan I guess you`d say....I really would love to
    see Brett win another SB.

17. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

me too! Welcome to the board! GO JETS!

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

That is a most wonderful thought. Lets hope it comes to pass. If it ever occurred do you think Thompson & the GBP prez will take the gas pipe?

19. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

hopefully c^4 when clowney comes back

20. ........

........ Trolls

I like C-4 Explosive. It's a great name for our receiving corps once we're at full strength.