Favre, Coles, Cotchery and Keller

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1969jets, Sep 29, 2008.

1. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

This combination has the ability to be simply awesome. Shut down Coles after 3 TDs and you get Cotchery for 2 TDs and then Keller for 1 TD. All the defense can do is choose their poison. Not sure how many more games is necessary for them to achieve great chemistry but "I can't wait till tomorrow cause they get better looking everyday"!

2. uberchink

uberchink New Member

they're not the best receiving corps, but they're good.

it helps when Favre is throwing you the football though.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I personally think this tandem can become great. The talent is there.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

4th best tandem in the AFC in 2006.... I can see the same this year.

Keller is exactly what I'd thought he'd be.

I'd still like to see the running game be a little more dominant. The bye should help it out.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

If they continue to progress with their chemistry, And Keller gets utilized and Stcukey holds down the slot I can only see 3 or 4 teams that have a better passing attack. The Colts, Cardinals, Cowboys, and maybe the Broncos, Chargers, Saints...

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The talent's been there... In 2006, Pennington played fairly well, so our receivers looked good. Last year, Coles was banged up and our QB play sucked, so our receivers looked like they needed to be upgraded. With a great QB, they now look good again. Coincidence? Nope.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The Cardinals, Cowboys, Broncos, Chargers for sure have a consistently better passing game so far this year. The Colts and Saints, well that remains to be seen.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Brees has been great this year.

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I like to think that TDs thrown are much more valuable then yards passed for....so technically we would be #1 with my theory. But I guess it might be flawed...

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

No doubt, I still like the Jets O a little bit more with Colston out but I guess that is me being a little bit of a Jets fan. hahaha

11. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

There a nice tandem and there only going to get better with time. By the Halfway point of this season i think keller will be reaking havoc for opposing D's and thats only gonna make things better for coles and cotch. An with Favre damn! we can put up some sick numbers.

12. uberchink

uberchink New Member

The Packers' have better receivers

13. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Jet receivers 12 TDs: Coles 4/Cotchery 3/Stuckey 3/Keller 2

Packer receivers 5 TDs: Jennings 2/Driver 1/Nelson 1/Jones 1

Performance certainly doesn't confirm your ill informed opinion!!!!

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Driver and Coles are very similar, and Jennings was compared to Cotch by Favre himself.

James Jones is better than Stuckey, so maybe the tiebreaker goes to Green Bay.

But they're essentially the same type of Receiving corp that Favre had in Green Bay.

15. greenhorse

greenhorse Member

not true.please do not forget about the chemistry between clowney and favre.the jets wr's are deep this yr.

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Think our Tight Ends are better then Green Bays thats the tie breaker for me. Bubba Franks/Dustin Keller/Chris Baker -> Donald Lee/Tory Humphrey/Jermichael Finley.

17. SdChargeher

SdChargeher New Member

Maybe the Chargers? The Chargers offense has been a top 5 scoring offense for 5 straight seasons now. Rivers Gates Tomlinson are all pro bowlers and Chris Chambers and Vincent Jackson aint exactly chop liver either. Not to mention Darren Sproles and Buster Davis. I mean you guys have a cool group of ball catchers but san diego has the better talent.

18. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

With Pennington the team _needed_ play action to open up the passing game. Favre doesn't need play action in the same way, and even if he did I don't think TJ's running is going to scare anyone into respecting the run fake. I hope the CS is smart enough to use schemes that play to the talent on the roster: HOF QB, deep WR and TE corps, good pass blocking OLine and mediocre running game. If you have more good receivers than the other team has good DBs, thats easy points. Thats why I was so disapointed in the Pats game, against a team considered weak in the secondary and strong on the line we tried a power running game. Use 4 receivers and make it a track meet, like the old Greatest Show On Turf days.

19. uberchink

uberchink New Member

wow :rofl:

that might have something to do with the fact that Favre has 12 TD passes and Rodgers has only 6!

i mean, i guess you could argue the packers' receivers are overrated due to the fact that they had favre throwing to them last year, but then the same could be said about the Jets' guys this year.

either way, coming into the season it was common football knowledge that the Packers had one of if not the best receiving corps in the league. i havent heard that change too much, even if they pack lost their last two.

20. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Jennings is better than Cotchery, I'm sorry. I would say Driver is better than Coles too because of his uncanny ability to run after the catch (jennings ain't bad at that either) but still Coles is coming off the injury so i wont judge him or his few drops just yet. plus his 3 TDs obviously show he's gotta be PRETTY good at least :wink:

Jones and Martin are better than Stuckey/Smith/Clowney.

they're pretty even at TE with the edge probably going to the Jets.

RB as a receiver would probably go to the Jets too mainly because of L. Washington. he's pretty damn good when you get him out in the open.