Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Heh. Good one.

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I guess you don't understand sarcasm...But then again you just don't get anything since you think "Favre Was a Mistake"...

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The question is will any of his T/D passes be to a Wr. Lol...

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

edit....nevermind, keep on going......

#584 Hemi, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  5. The GM

The GM New Member

They had a winning record (2-1) when they played the Jets.

6. keypusher

keypusher Member

I am sorry, but that's just total crap. Basically, you're reserving the right to come back and call this deal a flop if the Jets don't win the Super Bowl, no matter how well Favre plays. That's garbage. Looked at purely in football terms (leaving aside the blast that last Sunday's game was for Jets fans), what the Jets essentially did was trade Favre for Pennington + a 4th rounder. Was that a good trade? Yes or no? That is the question.

And "long-term plan" for the QB? There are no long-term plans in football. Every once in a while someone gets lucky and gets a really good QB who never gets hurt, like Favre in GB or Peyton Manning with the Colts. Or Brady in NE -- oops, never mind. Right now, the Jets have a terrific quarterback. Next year, or the year after, they'll have to get a new QB. And during that time, so will 20 other teams in the NFL. Be happy you've got a good one now.

7. Todd14

Todd14 Member

I have never said that Brett Favre was a mistake, but I do have a couple questions that have yet to be answered...

1) If we do not get to the Super Bowl with Brett Favre does that mean he sucks? Remember a one and out or a two and out post season performance is not getting the job done. That is what I have been reading the last year or so on here.

2) Who is the QB of our future that I read about all last year...we need the QB of the future...is Brett Favre our QB for the future?

3) Where have all the KC fans gone? Since Favre got here, we have not heard anything from them about our "future QB".

I have been a Jets fan for 38 years. I want to see this team do great. I like Brett Favre and he will make this season and maybe next interesting. I am just confused by the above three questions.

#587 Todd14, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  8. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

if you're gonna talk out of your asshole...that's fine, you're entitled to you opinion...but could you at least muster enough intelligence to spell our QB's last name correctly....it's Brett FAVRE...

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

if you've been a fan for 38 years, how can you be this knowledgeable?

11. Todd14

Todd14 Member

Wow guys...I am a 43 year old guy that worked 15 hours today...sorry for the name spelling of FAVRE. I freakin' spelled it like it sounds so shoot me... I no longer have spelling tests once a week like you do.

Most of the children that post on here, sure do swear a bunch.

As far as talking out of my "asshole" - I am just asking the questions that I have seen posted on here over and over again over the past year or so...I am not the "asshole" that made the statements to begin with.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

2. A solid QB right now > a solid QB of the future.

3. I'm not sure there were ever really true 'Clemens' fans. More like "anyone but Chad" fans. I was on that boat myself. It's a real relief now that he's gone. All in one shot that miserable debate ended and we got a first ballet HOF player throwing the ball down field...and looking pretty damn good doing it.

No doubt in my mind that your questions will be a recurring theme on Jets boards for the rest of this season and probably the next...especially if things should go south. For now though, I'd say we should all just try to enjoy the ride. The Jets blew a winnable game, got stomped by a good/desperate team in there house, then bounced back and scored as many points as they have in over 20 years. They're feeling good right now and so should we.

13. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Meow! Would someone like a litter box?

14. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Yeah.. but who out of anyone who knows anything about football doesn't know how to spell Favre? Well, whatever. You're 43 so I guess that's a good excuse.

15. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

I know you mentioned that you posted this out of sheer frustration but it is going to become a classic. Posters will constantly bring it up whenever Favre does great!

16. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

I think the 595 replies thus far have cemented that already.

17. kaloshiJETS

kaloshiJETS New Member

haaa love this thread. favre sick stats so far leads league in pass rating, tds, and comp pctg....

18. favreite

favreite New Member

I'm a packer fan and grew up loving to watch Brett play. I realize after Brett left the packers, I am more of a Brett fan than a Packer fan... so now I root for the Jets. Since I have so many years invested in watching him play, I can just say that you have to take the good with the bad. In the end, he never disappoints... and even his interceptions become spectacular. I don't expect miracles from him this season, but after the last game he shows us once again that he's the most thrilling player in football.

#598 favreite, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  19. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Why the hell do people keep worrying about the future? Same kind of stupid talk ran rampant in GB this offseason. Who cares about the future? Worry about this season. When a collection of talent comes together, the team generally only has about 2-3 years to win a championship before free agency and/or injuries require the team to reload. The packers chose the future over winning a title in 2008. Now we've got Jets fans crying about the future. This team was built to win now. It probably will be 2009 before this team is ready to win a title though. That brings about the question as to whether Favre will return next year. I say he does, unless this team ends up really bad and I truly don't see that happening. They're 9-7 at the worst IMO and can be a serious contender next year.
    Favre will probably wait until spring time to announce whether he returns or not. That kinda sucks in a way but you can't really blame him. Lots of players retire around the start of training camp but it seems like people expect Favre to give an answer ASAP at season's end. Not too many players want to think much about football for a while after the season ends. They need a few months to rest and recharge their batteries.

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I was reading through this thread when I started thinking about the reasons I was pro-KC. I couldn't really figure it out but I had backed the kid because I didn't feel he had a solid chance. He probably still hasn't. Our OL was god awful last year, no question. Nobody would've had a chance behind that mess. Yet, I question what positives did I have to back KC. I still can't think of any. Which is leading me to believe I had absolutely no reason behind it, I started to feel like a jackass. Then I read this post..

I never looked at it from that perspective, yet, it makes so much sense. I'm so glad that I have a that feeling of excitement from watching my favorite team play on Sunday's. Instead of feeling ill leading up to Sunday because I knew I was going to watch a boring, dink-and-dunk, noodle armed QB. So glad those days are over.