Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

He's probably prowling for your "second-biggest jerk on the boards" title.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Maybe....

I realize I put my foot in my mouth on this one, and have admitted I made have made a rush to judgement. But telling me to eat shit? Come on already....this is just a forum, sometimes I get pissed about this team and say stupid stuff. I am just passionate about my Jets is all.

I am not the first one to make stupid remarks on here, and certainly not the last....

3. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I agree and if Sir. CHADWICK was our QB yesterday, we would have lost! 6 TDs is about 5 games production for the Great one! The CHADANISTAS hate the thought of any Jets QB supplanting the GREAT ONE( not). Where have the guys gone that read FAVRE's body language and concluded that he was unhappy in NY a few weeks ago? They said he wasn't a leader because he did not stand up and cheer on the defense! I have news for them! Goodbye CHAD and good riddance!

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

As much as dismissing Favre as a mistake after week 3 was a bad idea, thinking he will have a season like Brady's last year is just as bad IMO. If he has a season similar to last year we'll be very, very happy.

He's progressing and yesterday was awesome, but let's not get crazy.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Its time to let this thread fall off into the tgg pastures. Hemi has already admitted it was a mistake to rush to judgement and the people gloating about how wrong he was after one good game are just as bad.

Brett Favre is never going to be a mistake regardless of how this season turns out.

6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Believe me I'd be happy if Brett throws 29, 30 touchdowns it would be incredible. No NYJ qb since Vinny 1998 has approached that kind of production but why is it outlandish to think Brett could challenge Brady?

We've seen Peyton Manning throw for 49 TDs in 2004. Brady for 50 last season. Why can't Brett Favre have that kind of season? This is Brett freakin' Favre we're talking about here.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well, this thread should never have been up in the first place, but that didn't stop the Chad Fans from posting over and over how, a mere three games into the season, it was already clear to them that it was a mistake to bring in Favre.

Actually they were just waiting for the first excuse, any excuse, to say what their hearts told them about changing out Chad for Brett, and that is that their hero would no longer be the Qb for the Jets, which is what they cared about more than anything else.

Yesterday's game was not proof that this team is playoff bound, or that it has solved all its problems. But it at a minimum is proof that the flimsy bit of cred Chad Fans thought they had last week has been held up to the light and shown to be nothing.

We saw passes and points production yesterday like we never even came close to seeing with Chad as the Qb. Plus, how about this one? It was exciting to watch. Fun. Fun watching this team. I can't remember ever having as much fun seeing the Jets when Chad was their Qb.

This is what you get when you have a Qb who can really throw the ball.

So no, I would not lock this thread until all the complainers of last week come by and admit they were wrong, unless of course they want to go over to finheaven.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hey at least Hemi comes back to face the music...every single Jet fan on this board has gone balistic over either a coach and a player and been proven wrong.

There are many walking around here that felt the Jet offense would be in better shape with Chad at qb..yet they still put their pants on and crawl in here on a daily basis.

Hemi spoke with his heart and realized he may have jumped the gun...at least he admits it.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Let me be clear that I am not a Chad supporter. If it were between Chad and Kellen, I would choose Kellen.

Though I do admire the heart Chad showed, his arm betrayed him in the end.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Just how many people have wanted Chad over Brett Favre??? I mean, seriously. I'm a big supporter of Chad's, but even I have said it multiple times that Favre is an obvious upgrade. I know LTJF is saying it was a mistake to take on Favre... and Hemi. Who else are you waiting on to celebrate over? I think even those guys were siding with it being mistake based more on Favre and his actual willingness to play than it had to do with Chad being some kind of re-born barn burner, which most Chad fans have readily admitted he is not.

11. Ray

Ray New Member

I figured it would be a struggle early on, but I really feel there could be a big chance that this team will get better and better. Favre to Coles, starting to happen. Passing game working = more yards for running game. Defenses WILL respect #4. If they don't, he will carve them up in tiny little pieces, as he has always done. Actually, he will anyway. :beer:

After all, it's about who is playing well in Dec, like Giants, just get into playoffs. GO JETS!!!!

12. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

If nothing else this season will give us some Fun. Don't think we are a Sb caliber team but at least we can enjoy the games. It will take Chad two months to throw six touchdowns!!!

13. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, that post had me laughing my ass off. He should go off against Cincy, KC, and the Rams, but he'll have another couple of tough games. That's what you get with Brett, the highs and the lows. The biggest thing is that he gives us a chance to win every game we're in. We have a legitimate shot at the playoffs...that's shot, not a guarantee.

14. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Oh great, now we're going to swing too far in the OTHER direction I see. man is this board manic-depressive, in the aggregate.

As far as me? I predicted that this team would go W-L-L-W-W-W-W it's first seven games. Let me know when either we've deviated from that pattern, or we've played the 8th game.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, the next three games will be important since a team that wants to get to the playoffs has to deal with the weak sisters on its schedule.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I loved the game overall and the 4th and 1 TD. It reminded me of the games we had in the 80s with Ken O'Brien. In fact, O'Brien hit Al Toon on the same 4th and 1 play-action in a 1990 game at Houston. It looked so easy to do I've always wondered since why it isn't done more.

17. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I think you need to research the Jets record against the NY team in the AFCE, then get back to us.

18. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I have no idea what you are trying to tell me.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

NFL plays 16 games in 2 months these days? I didn't know that.

20. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Give the man some credit. He will get to ten by the sixteenth game.