D'Brick had another solid outing

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 16, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You are right though. Its smart to always think who is going to replace a certain starter. I think they should draft a kid and let him learn behind Faneca, that way when the time comes its a seamless transition.

2. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The only problem with that is that there are people here who will do one of the following:

- If we pick a guard in the first or second round, and sit him behind Faneca:

"Wasted pick, he's a bust. He can't unseat a 7-time probowler as a rookie"

- If we pick a guard later in the 3-7 rounds to groom:

"WTF is the FO doing wasting a pick on a late round player"

The FO can't win in this situation.

#142 KSJets, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Sure they can, the over reacting fans that don't understand have no say in the matter. Sure we'll hear it on this message board, but it won't mean the FO "can't win".

And honestly, who cares what people like Don have to say anyway?

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The vocal minority...gotta love em. They are the loudest when the team's losing, but the quietest when the team's winning. Go figure.

5. One thing this board has taught me..is when it comes to the draft, there is no way to appease everyone. OL depth is a hole for this roster currently...if people dont understand why we'd use an early round pick on sucha thing...too bad...

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

like the morons who hated the Keller pick. Some actually did HW on him and now like him, but others remain ignorant and whine about trading up.

He is on pace for 8 TDs as a rookie TE.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Eat it bitches!

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I didn't focus on him too much, but did you see the play where he pulled and obliterated the CB? That was tasty.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LOL He is a bust man............ Yeah I saw that it was great.

I watched him on and off the entire game and I can not say I saw him make one bad play pass blocking. He was lock down from that side all game long. He is getting better and better at pass blocking. His run blocking is getting there as well. It would be really cool if the Jets had a RB that could considered a game breaker but when given lemons you have to make lemonade.

To be honest I wish the rest of the line was playing at as high a level as Brick was.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Sadly duing the first viewing I usually only notice the O-line when they are screwing up. That said I did not notice Brick all that much and it was a good thing. Woody and Mangold had below average games IMO though.

Can't wait fora torrent to see if i still feel that way.

11. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Has anyone figured out why we can't consistently run the ball? I don't think Thomas Jones is as bad as everyone thinks. He's not a homerun back but he is consistent between the tackles. Is the offensive line still coming together as run blockers?

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jones run hard in a stright line but lacks the ability and/or vision to cut back effectivly. When the O-line does not punch a hole where the play is called for then we do not gain much of anything. Its a combo of hte O-line and Jones that is the problem.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The TEs are the problem in pass blocking at this point. Baker messed up when Cincy got the return TD. They and the RBs are now the positions giving up sacks..

Brick looks, to universal NFL fans, a damn good LT justifying his #4 position... The kid is a 10 yr starter. I trust him now.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's my feeling too, I've never regretted that pick. How's Matt Leinart doing?

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Imagine his immaturity in New York??? The papers would have killed him and this team would be shit due to his injury and present bust label, and set the franchise back 5 years... best non-pick ever.

16. hazmat

hazmat New Member

So who on the line do you think is the problem? I agree Jones has his limitations.

17. Italian Seafood

I'll be honest, I wanted Vince Young in that draft but he was gone so I was happy with Brick. That turned out to be a lucky stroke probably, too.

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

There was a Center I saw recently who I the commentators praised during the game. After that, I watched him for several plays and he's downright strong and nasty, on a team that really doesn't have a good chance of doing much this year. I think it was Louisville, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, my point is, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a guy like this in, like, the R2 or R3 because it's depth for Mangold and, at the same time, he can learn another position along the OL, such as G, so if someone goes down, he can step right in and contribute.

Back to topic: Brick has been very good lately. Glad to see him panning out. I remember one play where a lineman (or linebacker?) was trying to move across the pocket to get to Favre; Brick stayed in front of him and then laid into him, knocking him on his ass. It was so nice to see.

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The only guy besides Brick and Mangold I wanted in that draft was Cutler. People were screaming for Bush, Young and Leinart. All flashy picks, none the success they were projected to be. (Though in fairness to Bush, he might still pan out some day.)

20. Italian Seafood

Bush is a dangerous runner but he's basically a Leon Washington who went #2 overall instead of the 4th round.