Hope Boldin is alright.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 28, 2008.

1. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

sounds like he will be fine, and it was just precautionary to cart him off the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b2cc18&template=with-video&confirm=true

News Main E-mail

Posted: 42 minutes ago
    Cardinals' Boldin carted off field after collision
    Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Arizona wide receiver Anquan Boldin was carted off the field after a scary helmet-to-helmet collision in the end zone with 27 seconds remaining in the Cardinals' 56-35 loss to the New York Jets on Sunday.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said Boldin was alert and was moving his extremities. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York for what Whisenhunt said were precautionary reasons.

Boldin tried to catch a pass from Kurt Warner, but was hit in the back and then took a shot to his helmet from Eric Smith. Both Boldin and Smith fell to the turf, and Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald immediately waved to the sideline for help.

Trainers ran out to check on Boldin, and soon the entire Cardinals team surrounded their teammate as the Giants Stadium crowd fell silent. Smith, also injured on the play, was able to get up after a few moments.

After being working on for several minutes, Boldin was immobilized and placed on a stretcher before he was carted off the field.

Boldin was talking to his teammates coming off the field and going into the locker room.

"He asked to get up and the doctors won't let him," Whisenhunt said.

Warner, who threw for 472 yards but had five turnovers in the game, said he went to Boldin's side and told him he loved him.

"It's a scary, scary part of the business," Warner said. "No matter how badly you play, you want to come out healthy."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

2. cassie96

cassie96 Member

They just said that he is at Mt Sinae (sp?) Hospital....and he wants to get up. but they will not let him get up yet.

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Whether he meant to or not. You hit a guy helmet to helmet while launching yourself off the ground... The NFL just made a big deal this week about commiting any act that could injure an opponent!

Big fine and possible game suspension.

4. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

When Boldin got hit from behind it knocked his head down otherwise the helmet could have been to the chest.

You play till the whistle blows, period.

It sucks what happened but it is part of the game.

6. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Still praying that he is ok and the news thus far is good. I was more concerned about facial disfiguration re: dislocated jaw and nose.
    As for Smith, it would be unfair for him to get fined or suspended. The play was utterly clean. There's no way to predict exactly where AB's head is going to be when you go for the hit.
    May AB can come of out this no problems.

7. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

You have got to be kidding me. You want your players to play hard all the time. Clearly Smith was aiming for Boldin's chest, but Boldin's head leaned into Smith's because Kerry Rhodes hit Boldin from the back. If it's so meaningless, then let the Cardinals take a knee and go back to Arizona.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWDA67sdfPg[/YOUTUBE]

8. NEJets

NEJets Member

The onlt person who should take the blame is their QB, why he didn't take a knee or just a run? There is no chance for Cards to come back to tie the game. He was just trying to pad his Stat?

9. NEJets

NEJets Member

I don't give a damn -- I just want all Jets players play hard. If yor dropped the ball in the traffic, you expect to get hit.

10. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Baloney....that guy blew Brady's knee out, and the commish did NOTHING.

11. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I'm sure Kurt didn't call that play.. or the pass plays after it.

12. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

^That's a good point. It was either the OC or Weisenhunt. Either way, calling pass plays afterwards were insenstive to say the least.

Also, did you notice how Fitzgerald ran right to the locker room after the last Revis int? Looked like he had AB on the mind himself--as one would expect.

13. cassie96

cassie96 Member

My bad....they just said on Sunday Night Football, that there will be a fine, because there was helmet to helmet contact.

14. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

shouldn't be that way if it is...whisenhunt should be fined for being an idiot (or whoever it was calling those plays)

15. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

after that ya i was thinking that's what they would do like seriously... o well, REVIS STATS!

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Exactly, I will go so far as saying that to argue is pure utter fucking stupidity. Boldin got pushed into Smith who came from the front.

I knew from prior Hockey games that getting hit on the upswing (jaw up) the musculature of the neck is much more able to sustain the blow and hopefully it was just a concussion.......... which looks like was the case. Thank god!

17. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

Yeah, Smith should have had his head up, but if you look at the play rhodes hit him in the back pushing Boldin into the perfect position to take that hit wiht his face. While Smith will be getting a fine I dont think he deserves suspension.

18. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

yea my prayers go out to him i hope he does well

19. wexy

wexy Member

Watched the game at my sister's today. What a scary moment. Thankfully he was moving all four extremities and was lucid.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hopefully this doesn't affect Boldin's bid for a contract....the guy is "money in the bank" and deserves every penny he gets...but if this injury turns out to be more serious than the general consensus thought...he could be on his way out of the desert at the end of the season.

I'll tell ya though...if he makes a full recovery...I'd welcome him in the Green/White with open arms. :)