Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

The only mistake with FAVRE is mentioning him in the same sentence as CHADWICK! It usuallt took 7 or 8 games for CHAD to throw 6 TDs. If CHAD played for us today, we would have lost!

2. woutervz

woutervz Member

This was clearly a message from Favre to all who bailed out of him this week.

Favre just got hisself a new personal record and in a JETS jersey so please can everybody in a JETS jersey please get behind this team and stop crushing anybody after one bad game!!

GO JETSSSSSSS:jets::jets:

3. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Keep saying it. No one is listening.......

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Read my 2nd post today in this thread. I am not hating on Favre, just I dont think I can expect great games like this in the future(Not meaning great game as in 6 TDs, but just shredding a team at will).

5. Jayboker

Jayboker New Member

Farve is what we need for this team, we have no running game to speak of. If you don't have a running game then you need a qb like Farve, Chad works great for Miami because they have a running game, they have that threat.

Chad can make any WR or player look better than they are because he has such a soft touch on the ball and manages the game so well.

We did the right thing in getting Farve, if we want the team to win NOW, as opposed to drafting a RB and developing him.

I wish Chad the best but I wish he was with a team that was not in our division.

Anyway that's my rant, everyone needs to forget about the past and look forward with Farve leading the Jets.

Go....... JETS

6. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

This team is similar to last year's GB team in the sense that they'll have to rely more heavily on passing until the run game develops.....and I think it will.

7. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Congrats on the win. Guess Finheaven and GangGreen are alike after all. One good performance and Favre and the Jets are headed to the Superbowl. One good performance and Ronnie Brown will be MVP and Dolphins will win the division.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Do you want to find me one post that has mentioned the Jets in the SB? This thread is a warranted bump because it was ridiculous to begin with and yes this one game proved that.

9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Brett has better weapons with the Jets than he had in Green Bay. Before the trade went down I felt Brett had a great chance to have an even better season than 2007. It's still early but it looks like it could happen. :)

It took Brett four games to top Chad's TD total from 2007. Awesome.

10. Jayboker

Jayboker New Member

Again, comparing Farve to Chad is like comparing apples and oranges.

Farve is a maverick gunslinger who takes alot of chances.

Chad is a game manager "Sherrif" type who doesn't take chances.

11. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

No sir, one game doesn't prove it. Going by that logic, after the Pats game, the R&R Express is back on track and Penny is as accurate as ever and we will steamroll the Chargers. If only it were true, if only. All I'm saying is don't get too hyped, and then when you play a good defense, get let down. Congrats on the game.

12. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Totally agree. Favre and Penny are complete different QB's.

13. cassie96

cassie96 Member

6 TD's....you ROCK, Favre!!!!

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This thread should be locked now.

15. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Favre today, really after the first 20 minutes of the game - really didn't have to do much but throw to wide open recievers all over the field. That doesn't dimish the performance in the least bit - but lets not kid ourselves.

The cardinals were a decent team. Their defense have given up, prior to us - 13, 10, and 24 in the previous three games. It wasn't like this team was a total snub... and that is what it looked like pre game. Nearly everyone and their mother predicting the cardinals to "upset" the jets. Of course, the cardinals had the better record... so I don't see it as an upset anyways.

Moving beyond that - Favre played phenominal, and us in GB are going to be really clamouring. Rodgers threw 3 ints today, and pretty much single handidly took us out of the game. On top that, he has a shoulder injury... and if it turns out to be seperated tomorrow, he already will miss a crucial start for us in his first season.

I was ashamed of the jets bandwagon fans throwing favre under the bus last week - you of all fans should be able to appreciate what you have their in Brett Favre. As a GB fan for life, I can safely tell you that we are realizing more now then ever before that we don't have Brett Favre back there anymore.... and it just isn't the same.

Packers and Jets, same record. Two different ways of getting there. I think the Jets are looking up, and the packers are looking down.

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I was pissed, forgive me.

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Said it before i'll say it again. Favre is GOD!

18. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

I guess you can't add!!! Check these stats out, enough said.

Rodgers: (2-2) 6 TD 3 INT after 4 games
    Favre: (2-2) 12 TD 4 INT after 4 games.

Oh yea by the way Favre plays hurt and never misses a game. Rodgers is already hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think this thread should be stickied on the front page, as an example of the overreacting stupidity that goes on around here. It is an example of the overwhelming negativity and the astounding illogical thinking that is paramount on this board.

Brett Favre sucks, Revis sucks he didn't have 8 ints for tds, TJ sucks, Coles is a whiner, Jets will never win, 40 years, Gholston shouldn't be in the NFL, we could have had x player, We lost to a good SD team, we're 1-2 and out of the playoffs, sky is falling, Mangini has no balls, We lost a game therefore all our FA's suck and were wastes of money, Bench Favre play Ratliff in week 4, All our backups aren't capable starters, D'Bust is the worst LT in the league...and wait for next weeks made up drama.

That said, we are not a perfect team. Our defense failed miserably in the 2nd half and really suffered from a lack of leadership as well as scheme and effort. We did score 56 but we can't count on that every week. TJ was not as powerful as he usually is, but make no mistake this team can and will improve.

Misplaced is your faith in the darkside.

#539 NJrocket24, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Forget the running game, it will never develop without a RB and we don't have one. We don't even have half of one. This is Favre;'s team and everything depends on how he does and will do week in and week out until the end of the season.