Warner bailed us out!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Sep 28, 2008.

?

Should Bob Sutton be fired

1. YES

59 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. NO

26 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Our QB just got 6 TDS!!!!!!!......and you start a thread about Kurt???!!!

You don't souind like a fan, you sound like a criticicism machine.

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Look im not trying to argue with you or anything, but you're being the most negative person here so far. I agree theres work to be done, but don't immediately dump on the defense.

3. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

I think the D lacked leadership on the field as well as leadership on the sideline. We dictated the game to them the whole first half. We should have stayed with what we were doing and continued to force our will upon them. Instead we change to the "prevent from winning Defense" and you could see the players visibly change. No more closing on the ball, finger pointing, blown coverages, confusion on some packages.

I think we need to dump Sutton ASAP. I don't know who the replacement would be but We need a fiery Donnie H type. That guy had a fast, hard hitting D. With the talent and athleticism we have now, a coach like that could make this a dominating punishing fast D.

"We lay hats on people", how can you not love that.

4. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

Well, I have too! That is our main weakness besides special teams. Our D is killing us. Favre is starting to gel with the O. We just have to get this D (passing D) to focus... Don't get mad at the messenger... U should be mad with Sutton and his 2nd half defensive strategy

5. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

We need more people like you on this forum... Obviously getting rid of Sutton has to be one of our priorities. He is too passive. We have potential and we need a good coach to unleash this D. I want to only see "winning D" Not some pussy ass conservative prevent defense. Come on, Last year the Pats played to 100% whether they were up by 50 or not. Let's play like champs.

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He fumbled the ball away 4 times and was picked a couple more.

7. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

Exactly! I must say our D did a great job getting pressure on Warner but Warner handed the game to us with his poor ball security. Suppose he did not fumble, would our D have kept him off the field? These are just questions that I have. But I tip my hat off to my team tonight. We won and I suppose that's all that matters. I just want them to step it up more especially on their passing D, and special teams.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Did Gsour change his name? This is a top 10 stupid thread and he didn't start it.......... whats up with that?

9. ........

........ Trolls

Ok, to address a few of the many, many problems with this thread:

1) Our best starting field position actually came on the 2 FG drives. Every one of our TD drives(besides Revis), started further back.

2) The defense held Arizona in check for 30 minutes, then played prevent. The Cards STILL couldn't run the ball. The Jets are currently top 10 against the run, maybe even top 5 after this week. Granted, part of that has to do with the success of our opponent's passing game. What's interesting to me is this: we've done a great job on opposing team's wideouts. It's the slot receivers that are killing us. All of Boldin's success today came in the slot. Ditto for Breaston. The re-signing of Poteat will help alleviate the pain from seeing Barrett and Coleman consistently beat. In the 2nd half, most of the receiving yards came either from the slot receiver or from cushion defense. It wasn't like Warner was carving up tight coverage.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The stat lines are going to continue to read like the vikings of the past few years. If no one can run on us our Pass defense will look worse then it is, because they will hahve to pass.

11. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Your a Shmuck.

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Srsly guy, The first half D played great. We got pressure, turn overs, sacks, and points all from the D. They made huge plays. We came out and went into a prevent shell in the second half and let the Cards rack up yards and points that they should not have had. The D won his game as much as anything did for us.

13. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Yeah, the prevent BS after the half sucked, or the D smoked
    a big doobie at halftime..:metal: