Hope Boldin is alright.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 28, 2008.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

Being aware of your surroundings is what makes a great reciever, great.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Boldin's job is to catch the ball. Smith's job is to stop the catch. Both players were trying to get their job done. This was not a blindside hit like you called it. Anyone saying different is an idiot.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

We'd win by 14 points, we'd give them what is called "meaningless points"

Unless you honestly feel that the Cards could rally and get 2 TDs in under 50 seconds, which is fine by me even though that is probably never gonna happen.

4. BakerMaker

I feel it was a blindside hit and an unnecessary one. I wont convince you otherwise nor will you with me.

ONCE AGAIN, I am not attacking Smith for trying to break up the play. I am saying he made an unnecessary shot at the end.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So because the game is out of reach its smith's fault for making the play? Perhaps if its so out of reach the Cards starters should not have been in. Quit back tracking on your point.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

I don't care if we're up 56-0. You make that fucking tackle EVERY SINGLE TIME.

7. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

It was a bad hit bad not intentional. The two players in safety position sandwiched the poor guy driving him into Smith. This looked awful and God speed recovery to Boldwin but to lay this at Smiths door is just plain stupid. Please excersise some common sense before making some stupid comments at a time like this.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

...and was not "blindside" unless you are blind, the front is not your blindside. Boldin tried to make a catch and got hit by the saftey closing in. Not blindside.

9. BakerMaker

How am I backtracking? I am saying its stupid to throw such a hit in late minutes. Its good to not give up on a play, but no need to throw such a hit out there.

That's all I am saying. Not once did I say Smith was a dirty player or what not, I just think that was a bad play by him.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

No doubt. The was one of the few correct plays Smith has made all year. The injury sucks, but the play was the correct one.

11. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Go watch the Bills lose to the piece of crap Rams. Hopefully no tackling will be present.

12. BakerMaker

We have different terms as far as the word blindside goes. I see it more as not seeing something coming, that doesnt necessarily mean its from the backside always. Boldin's not supposed to expect to get laid out like THAT all the time as NFL rules are suppose to prevent stuff like that from happening.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Leving out the word blinds side. Calling it a bad play instead. Why is it a "bad" play. Because he did all he could to break up a pass in the end zone? Silly logic there.

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

So, A guy going up to make a catch is NOT supposed to get hit form the front? Wow. He got clocked. It was not "blindside". Boldin got caught in a awful situation nad was liad out by his QB and piad the price. IT sucks, but it happens.

15. Kramer

Kramer Member

16. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

BkrMkr, i respect your opinion but i don't know what you think smith should have done there. boldin caught the ball, smiths only objective was to rattle it loose, which he did (his job), unfortunately the injury happened, but if smith did nothing and just walked by boldin as he caught a TD, i'd want him off the team ASAP.

who knows what happens if they score. maybe they onside kick and a 30sec drive for another TD. or maybe they throw a pick and we end the game. it's unfortunate, but i'd rather him stop the td and go from there.

17. BakerMaker

Not to get hit in that fashion yes.

It was an awful situation all around, just wish some more common sense was made. I know Smith didnt mean it but I am not a fan of seeing that kind of stuff in the end of the game.

18. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

I join the chorus of folks who pray for Boldin to be ok--and also pray that Smith does not feel guilty.
    It was a fair play all around and just unfortunate that bodies were in such a position to cause such an injury. No way was Smith going for helmet-to-helmet contact. I would think it was obvious to all.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Oh hell, I never cheering for it. I've been the guy carted off the feild in a Rugby game, I just know it happens. This was not intent to injure. It was freakish because Boldin got hit from behind and then again in the front by the Saftey closing in. It sucks, but was not a blindside shot.

20. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Contact sports are not for you. It doesn't shock me considering you say you are a Jets fan and have a Lynch avatar.