Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

So, Hemi, johnny, all the rest ... explain to me again how everything that is not right with the Jets is all about that crappy quarterback they are overpaying this year. How any problems with D and special teams, or running game, are minor in comparison, that this "washed up" QB is what's really holding us back, and it's so bad that we might as well throw the towel in on 2008 already and start Raitliff her on out, thinking about 2009 or 2010.

I know you've been stating the case with such absolute certainty all week, but I'm a little slow, so explain it to me one more time :rofl:

Seriously ... I hope this at least means we get a break from that crap for at least ONE week? Surely even you folks who declared the trade a mistake from the beginning, and are looking for ANY chance to repeat yourselves ... you have to at least give it a rest for one week now. Right???

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

When was the last time chad threw 6 TDs in a game? Oh I remember, it was a night in the off season of his first year at Marshall and when he woke up there was a mess on the sheets.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I have to admit, the D was terrible and Favre was on target.

When I am wrong I admit it. Laugh if you want. But I would rather predict the worse and be way off and watch the Jets win than be right.

Great game by Brett, lets see it continue, and I will continue to eat crow if I am wrong. But lets face it, it will be a year or two before we see the real affects of this move

4. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

If that's true, then consider me pleased with the fake effects we've seen so far.

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

This is what an offense can look like, when you give Brett Favre time, and he gets on the same page with his WRs. He is just SO good at reading the whole field and finding the right receiver, it's ridiculous...

Great to see him have a game like this!

6. SunshineJet

SunshineJet New Member

Favre is clearly no mistake...

7. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Big of you to admit it. I think this one or possibly two seasons Brett will provide us will be extremely memorable. I think he at least gives hope to fans who have hoped for so long. It will be exciting to see us at 5-2. GO Jets!

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Not to be a jerk or anything but Favre shredded a team without their top defender and secondary guy in Adrian Wilson as well as a solid DE in Bertrand Barry.

I mean Favre had a hell of a game but he took on a Cards D that wasnt even THAT great to begin with, much less without 2 of their top 3(Dansby is 2nd) guys on defense. 6 TDs was filthy but still.....Thats as bad as a defensive core as your gonna find.

9. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Oh man, you GOT to be kidding! So you are reserving the right to still come back two years from now and call it a mistake, even if there is no evidence of that between now & then??? sigh ... with all due respect, I think if there are no effects for a year or two (by which I mean when Favre retires for good), then there really are no effects at all.

If your main complaint comes down to "his playing well is keeping our third string QB from getting experience", that's really, really weak whine for you to be serving to us.

10. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Well, I guess the returns are in ... no, we do NOT get a week's break from this stuff.

Oh well.

Maybe if Brett throws TWELVE TD in the next game?

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I am not talking about a third string QB. What I am talking about is long term plans for the QB position. Which right now we have none. If this pans out to a SuperBowl, then great, great move. I am just not sure what is going to be in a year or two. This team could be right back in the toilet.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

very true but its not like those 2 positions were complete voids. Im pretty sure someone lined up in their place, and he shredded them instead.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Personally, I think this whole Favre hatred thing is a propoganda campaign by Levys.

14. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Nah I cant get on Brett for taking advantage of what's there for him and I wasnt hating on him since he helped us get the W but still..........

A Wilson and Barry-less Cards D is pretty damn bad. Only D that we will see that might be worse is the Cincy D and the STL D.

15. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Sometimes all an offense needs to get everything together is a game against a handicapped opponent.

Nothing brings teammates together better than kicking ass

16. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

LOL. Yeah, their new marketing campaing" Only the Overrated wear Wranglers!

:rofl:

17. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

All that is important is this offence got together. Put up some ridiculous points. Coles and Favre seem to be hitting stride. We got some confidence on O. A bye week and 3 shitty ass opponents coming after the bye week. Lets rip them apart and get some massive confidence before we play Buffalo.

18. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Give me a break, so a team is missing good players that is part of it and 12 TDs in 4 games is huge and 6 in this game is phenomenal, hell its 7 if Coles could have hung on to the pass in the end zone.
    Why can't you just give the guy credit, 454 regular season TDs, he must be doing something right and he plays for OUR team.
    I think this team with all its problems can make the playoffs, isn't that a huge improvement?

19. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

What should Brett do? Wouldn't it be worse if he had an average game against this handicapped defense?

Only time in Brett's career that he started off this hot was in 1996. I beieve he had 21 TDs after 7 games back then.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

:beer:

Best post of the Year.