Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

yet as he did last year, he threw an INT to lose a game. Cover it any way that you want but he threw the ball and never looked off the receiver. A rookie mistake.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I agree, they clearly weren't happy w/Clemens either.

I don't put the fin loss vs. us all on Chad. We sat back in coverage and forced him to try and fit it into a tight spot in the redzone which everyone whose seen him over the past 5 years knows he struggles mightily with. The play before the Revis play we could have had an easy pick.

The main reason we won that game IMO is that we controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Watch it again. He was in the pocket a long time, nobody was open, no timeouts, a sack ends the game. You have two chances at the most, he threw it to the back corner hoping his guy could either make a play or at least knock it down. Revis made a juggling INT while being pulled down, a great play by a #1 pick CB. Yes, it goes down as an INT, that's the way it goes. If he didn't play a good game and throw a couple TDs in the red zone previously, they're not even in that spot.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Could have, that happens every game. Favre could have been picked off about five times too. Yes, we sat back in coverage and almost gave the game away, that doesn't make it a smart thing to do. Every team that does it flirts with disaster. Miami had no timeouts on the last drive and still ended up taking shots at our end zone. We sat back in coverage on the drive before and he threw a TD. We dodged a bullet. A rubber bullet, maybe, but a bullet nonetheless. :smile:

5. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

You, sir, are a complete idiot. You prefer Clemens? :rofl: I'll take AJ Feely back before I ever had him on this team. Ratliff? Please.... Favre? Boy, he's done so much better this year, I mean, really, he's done so good the Jet's are 1-2 and the Dolphins with Penny are 1-2, and umm, oh wait, thats the same record isn't it? Favre has failed this year. Peny hasn't. Penny was brought in to help groom Henne to be our Franchise QB. Favre was brought in to be the savior of your franchise and has failed at doing so. I'd say Penny has done fairly well at managing games. How has Favre done so far at "returning Jet's to the playoffs?" Is 10+ wins still a possibility in your eyes? I would hope not.

6. uberchink

uberchink New Member

nice, a dolphins fan setting the expectations low so as not to be disappointed by mediocrity. not surprising

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I pulled my nose out from Penningtons ass in 04. You just burried your's in his a few weeks ago. Call us back in a few weeks.

8. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Shows how much of a real idiot you are. Never have I burried my nose in his ass. I'm on the Henne Bandwagon :up: Thanks for trying to make me look like a fool though. Although I will say thanks for Penny, he's much better trash than the rest of the garbage we've had. Makes a pretty good mentor for Henne too. Much rather have Penny right about now then Favre, overhyped, underacheiving.

9. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

Um.. Yeah.. I was going to reply but why even waste the time

10. winstonbiggs

Denial can't wipe the dripping stool from your mouth. Try rinse and repeat a few times. You jumped off the Henne bandwagon and got naked with Chad from day one. Don't deny it, its all over your posts.

#490 winstonbiggs, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  11. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Please show me those posts. I like Pennington because he's the best QB we've had since Marino, please, arrest me now :rolleyes: Only time will tell which team made the better decision, and so far, looks like the Jests are losing.

Lol, I jumped off the Henne bandwagon? Hmmm. Jumped off the bandwagon for our Franchise QB and jumped on the bandwagon for our stopgap QB? I know you're not serious, so I'll leave you alone.

12. winstonbiggs

If you want to be serious and talk about this the deal worked for both the Dolphins and the Jets.

Pennington has a loyal fan following on the Jets, management wants to move on. Pennington is also relatively young. The Jets also have a huge stake in this season and didn't believe in Pennington. Favre is a 1 year deal and than he's gone. We have two good developmental QB's on the team neither of whom is ready this year. If we go 8 & 8 with Pennington tough to move on next year. If we go 12 & 4 or 8 & 8 with Favre we move on regardless, its a one year deal.

Since Pennington was cut he goes to Miami not as a savior but specifically to groom the next guy. They got him relatively cheap and they can unload him without the fans getting upset.

Jets management is also on the spot they believe the team is win now and they have to win now. They didn't believe in Pennington and took a shot with Favre, its that simple. We are in a recession and we are in the same market as the SB champs selling seats in the same stadium for the same inflated prices that NY banks and finance companies can't afford. The Jets needed to throw a hail mary. After 3 games there is no indication that it has worked or failed. The Jets are 1 & 2 or 0 & 3 with Pennington at this point.

#492 winstonbiggs, Sep 27, 2008
  13. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Guess I can agree with that. Only time will tell whether each move was success or failure.

#493 R&R Express, Sep 27, 2008
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Too late for that.

15. keypusher

keypusher Member

Good post, sums everything up pretty well. Good luck to the Jets today.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yes you brought in a noodle-armed QB to mentor your future. Splendid shit right there. You guys should be honored to have such a scoring machine on your teem. The only problem is that his name is Ronnie Brown, not Chad Pennington. Chad gets you moving between the 20s. If you like FGs, then you are in heaven my sun-wrinkled little friend.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Yes, Favre was a huge mistake. 6 TDs today. 12 TDs on the year...what a disgusting aquisition....

18. Blue Moose

Blue Moose New Member

Yes, a horrible mistake. Today's performance confirms it;).

19. JW69

JW69 New Member

is it anything different from what anyone thought we were getting. He is going to have some uge (yes uge not huge) games and he will have bone head playes. Anyone who didn't think that was what we were getting should check BF's history.

20. Beamen

Beamen New Member

When Pennington was Comeback Player of the Year, he threw 17 TDs in 16 games...
    :grin: