Brett Favre was a mistake...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'm not comparing Chad to Brady. Brady is obviously a far better QB. But no QB in the league would have had significant success playing behind our line last year. None of them. Our OL was the weakest link of our football team. I get that a lot of people don't like Chad and wanted to go in another direction. I even readily agree that Favre is a step up and I'm happy to have him for however long that turns out to be. But trying to say he was the single most detriment to the team is hardly fair or objective.

3. Phear

Phear New Member

whiney bitches...i bet if the jets were 3-0 right now u fags would still complain about something.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Brad Smith anybody! He is a wasted roster spot!

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Oh brother. These Chad Fans are like incurable cancer.

Clemens lead the team to three times as many wins as Chad. I guess you missed that part. And also the part where the coaching staff decided to bench him.

And of course Brady is a far better and more durable Qb than Chadwick.

6. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Chad played the entire 2006 season with a sprained ankle. Say he's fragile, but one thing you cant say is that he wasnt tough.

2004, played the final 4 weeks + 2 playoff games with a torn rotator cuff.

2005, finished the Jaguars game with a torn rotator cuff.

2006, played the whole season on a sprained ankle.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Chad always played through pain, last year he played w/ 2 ton ligaments in his ankle when the easy thing to do would have been to sit out. he could have saved himself some INTs and L's on his record w/ that horrible Ol but he fought through it and played. In '04 he came back w/ TORN ROTATOR CUFF in his throwing shoulder, in '05 after tearing it again he went back in the game. To question Chad's toughness is silly.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

good recap but his ankle was TORN not sprained last year. he had 2 torn ligaments in his ankle.

9. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Delhomme didn't light up the Charger's defense, btw. He went 23/41, 247 yards, and 1 TD. Thats not exactly lighting up the defense. In fact, Favre's numbers (sure, you can argue one TD was garbage time), were better. Cutler did light them up, but Marshall may be a better WR option then anything the jets have. You don't just catch 18 balls randomly, you gotta be pretty good. He did carve them up alright, but one TD should of never happened if the refs didn't blow the call. So, his numbers would be earily similar to favre's, minus 1 int.

Just saying, if your trying to look at numbers, Favre did more agains the chargers then then Delhomme did, and Cutler did more then Favre did. You want to know why Carolina won, and we didn't? They stopped the charger's offense defensively. Say what you want about Favre's 2 ints, thats only spotting 14 points. We scored more then that. Blame the defense, not favre.

The only people on the planet that felt the Jets were SB contendors were jets fans. Everyone else wasn't stupid. Most people agreed the jets would be playoff contendors (which they still are). Only jets fans were dillusional enough to think Favre was going to be absolutely perfect at the start of the season. Due to your easy schedule, you should be sitting pretty good mid season, when Favre gets his form with the offense. No worse then 4 - 3.

Thats not bad, and only bandwagon fans are getting really upset about it. GUys, you haven't watched favre for 16 years - what he looked like on the sidelines, in his after game interview - he has looke dthat way after virtually every loss he took blame for his entire career.

Your 1 -2, of course he is disapointed. Apparently, he's not the only one. The fans are in uproar over 1 - 2. If you think he lacks confidence in his abilities, your sadly mistaken. Where have you been the past 16 years - after any loss that he feels responsible for, h e always looks and sounds this way. He is just very disapointed, because he knows he can play better. Most likely, he feels completely responsible for that 2nd int, and it's different to him because miscommunciation between the QB and the WR haven';t been a problem since he was a first year starter.

Favre will look interested again when you win next week. When he throws a TD pass to take the lead. As I said over and over, you clearly haven't watched him for 16 seasons - this what brett is. He loves the game, and gets very upset over losing football games, especially when he can look at t he film and go "wow, that was the turning point right there, and I was the one that threw it". He takes a lot blame,a nd being in NY, he is going to start taking all the blame.

I've said this over and over, you didn't lose last week because of Brett Favre. You lost last week because you don't have a defense.

10. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

^Fu**in A! Excellent post!

11. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

2-2
    2-2
    3-1
    3-1

Anything less is not acceptable, the money that Woody hopes to recoup from the fans, I never want to hear rebuilding again, time is growing short, and it is a crime to put younger fans through the torture of their parents misery.

Playoffs or bust, there is no alternative.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We should have traded for Brady Quinn. I think he's gonna be legit as hell.

13. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

If there is any team that convince someone that there is a better life outside football, it is the Jets.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I love how people forget this. That's where the "Noodle Arm" nonsense started, I'd like to see any one of these guys throw in the NFL playoffs on the road with a torn rotator cuff and still win. And people bitch that we didn't put more points up against 15-1 Pittsburgh when we still had two makeable kicks to win the game and go to the AFC Championship. When he got the second injury in 2005 vs the Jags, he not only came back in the game after Fiedler went down, he threw a game-winning TD pass into Wayne Chrebet's hands that he dropped.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I thought all cancer was incurable :wink:

16. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Honestly this Chad crap is ridiculous. He was an average qb. He had one great year. He is now a dolphin. He cant throw for shit. Give it up.

17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

From NFL.com Stats http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

14 Brett Favre NYJ QB 63 90 70.0 30.0 646 7.2 215.3 6 3 31 34.4 56T 7 3 8 98.7

15 Chad Pennington MIA QB 53 83 63.9 27.7 589 7.1 196.3 2 1 32 38.6 33 6 0 6 87.9

And Chad isn't throwing to Coles, Cotchery, and Stuckey. He's throwing to our glorified, overrated OSU trash crap punt returner who doesn't even return Punts.

#417 Antoni, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  18. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Amazing what happens when your oc has balls isn't it? Chad couldn't hold Favre's jockstrap. Gimme a break. Don't get me wrong he is a decent QB but to say were better off with him that Favre is ludicrous.

19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

To repeat myself - I am not relying on a youtube video. I taped the game and looked at it in slow motion and freeze frame from both the "safety-view" camera angle and the sideline camera angle. Simly put, the pass was not deflected. After looking at it on a frame-by-frame basis there is visible "air" between the LB’s hands and the ball as it passes by the LB's outstrectched hands. There is no visible change in trajectory of the pass. You can choose to believe me or not.

I also said that Favre was moving (actually falling) backwards when there wasn’t really anybody that close to him. When the rock is out of his hands the closest guy (the DL not the LB) is three yards from Favre (and falling down) and Favre didn’t get hit at all on the play. Was the LB coming toward him? Yes, but the LB is actually four yards from Favre (when the football was out of Favre's hand) and jumps indicating that it was more prudent to try and deflect the pass rather than continue to get to the QB.

Was my changing the yardage from my initial post of 5 yards to 3-4 yards unintentional? No, I strove to be accurate after wathing the play again. If you think you "got me" because it was 3-4 yards rather than 5 then that's your prerogative. I still contend that his mechanics were unnecessarily bad and it was an ill-advised pass because Coles was covered. If you disagree with me so be it.

I am not saying that the loss was Favre's fault or that it was a mistake to pick him up. I just claimed that the pass wasn't Favre's finest hour.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

anyone who throws Chad vs Favre stats up is a typical moron football fan who deserves to pay PSLs... fucking retards.