So some people hate my opinions....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Fester

Fester New Member

If you really were "tired" you would just find a new team to root for.

2. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

what is this "just find a new team to root for" crap?

You pick a team and should live and die with that team forever. There is one thing you *fanboi`s just don`t get. This is a Jets forum just like any other Jets forum and there are pissed the F uck off fans who are gonna bash the shiite outta this franchise until they start winning some football games. Stop with your optimism crap because there is nothing more sickening to a "REAL" Jets fan than some stupid schmuck with his head up his arse always hoping and praying the Jets will win. The Jets will rarely ever win. It`s proven. We are being tortuerd by this team and we deserve it because this is the team we chose to root for somewhere down the line in our lives. It ain`t easy being green and never will be.

Maybe, just maybe, we will have our day. Most of us will be too old to actually enjoy it like a proper football fan should. After 39 years of watching this team break my heart, I just don`t have the fire I once had. Even if they did win it all, it won`t matter much to me these days. It would be a personal relief in my soul(I may bleed a brighter shade of green), but you won`t find me overturning police cars and torching them(yeah, bad example but you know what I mean). It would be a subtle celebration for myself. I feel my time has come and gone as a young Jets fan. 1998 would have been the ultimate time for me to celebrate a SB Championship. I was a 33 yaer old man. PRIME AGE IMHO(I was a bit too young to understand 1968/9). It didn`t happen and that chance may never come again for me. Bitterness all the way. I had a voucher for 2 SB tickets from the NFL Lottery that year and the Jets RIPPED MY HEART OUT! That opportunity will never happen again. I don`t think I`m THAT lucky, ya know.

So, you guys are gonna have to put up with some pessimism until this franchise shows us they are 1000% committed to winning. Until then, the Jets are the SAME OLD JETS!

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

you sound like my dad, he is like 44 i think. i hope the jets win something sometime in the next ten years of my life so i dont end up being a bitter old fan like you, my dad, and the other people in your age group or older.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That was an awesome post.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm looking forward to rolling and torching a police car during the Jets SB celebration riot and I think I have at least 10 years on you. PM me and I'll send you a case of ensure.

6. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Wow... Before YOU showed up here, people thought that I was the biggest jerk on the board... But you're so much better at it than me...

So thanks for taking the heat off of me.

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Don't worry, I still think you're the biggest jerk on the board. :)

8. Bosko

Bosko Guest

Thanks! I'm glad I haven't lost my touch.

9. JetsLookingforDWare

Well this is a depressing read...

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

He made a post about the state of NYJ FB which is what I think this forum is for. Maybe because you are on the other side of the pond you have totally misunderstood his post since the way you speak English & we speak American

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

This topic is a reaction to responses in his previous topic. The content actually is fairly relevant, but the title is a clear indicator.

Not that it matters, because I'm told he is the biggest jerk on the board by another American poster, so that is OK, right?

12. championjets69

Sorry to disagree the season was OVER before it began because our PSL tooting owner again present us with less then a SB championship caliber team & since the regular season is played to win the Super Bowl this made us losers before the gun ever went off. Just take a look around say of 3 NFCE teams each one at this moment way, way, way superior to us & I mean WAY SUPERIOR. Now lets look into the AFCS & you will find TN another team way superior to us. While you may not choose to admit it BFLO & DEN are way, way superior to us also. Total all that up means another NON championship season for us or in other words another losing season to go with the 40 seasons before this one

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Actually, if you read the OP, it's not about the state of the Jets, it's about him and how people react to his other threads. It's a selfish and self-serving thread. You want to complain about the state of the Jets? Great, we're right here to read it and share our own opinions. You want to complain that people don't like your opinions? Piss off, you're on a forum full of people from NY and NJ, we aren't exactly the nicest people in the world.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This weekend my dad (quite a bit older than you, by the way) told me he was grateful to the Jets for freeing up his Sundays.

15. championjets69

Sorry I disagree with you & think he made an excellent post of the state of his fandom & the NYJs which he certainly has the right to do

16. championjets69

You have a rather smart dad

17. jetsfaninbama

jetsfaninbama New Member

I agree with that

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Thank you. He is responsible for bringing me to my first Jets game, however.

19. championjets69

Thats is OK I brought my son to his 1st NYJ game when he was 7. He is now 0-31 in seeing the NYJs win a SB

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i understand that we all want the jets to win a super bowl, but is that honestly the only thing that matters to you as a fan? no other great moments that just made you happy matter at all?

the monday night miracle? watching them destroy the colts in the playoffs, the 2002 season making the playoffs after starting 2-5, beating the chargers in 2004. non of that was even nice to see?

i want them to win a super bowl as much as anyone but how can you stand to be a fan when the only thing that makes you happy is a super bowl win. i know plenty of fans of other teams who are happy about the team they root for and are still excited about them even though they didnt win last year.

i guess i just dont see how people can stay fans of a team when the only thing that will please them is a championship. i mean only one team gets that a year so chances are you are gonna be miserable for most of your time as a fan no matter who you root for.