So some people hate my opinions....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Sep 23, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ I've been kind of seeing it too.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We all feel your pain but the season is not over. Geez, didn't you expect to be 1-2 at this point and then 2-2 after this Sunday. Stop feeling sorry for yourself like Joe Beningo, get off the matt and be ready for Sunday. If we lose this game then I will join you in Jet sorrow.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's so funny to see people react to peoples' opinions on their own opinions. If you're going to start a thread like you did, expect harsh reactions, because it's a harsh subject you started. This thread is not only unnecessary, it's reeks of whine.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yes....

Now bow down to your master.

Or I will step on you with my size 14 boot.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I understand the sentiment above, but imo the AZ game is turning out to look like the key to the season. 2-2 is something the Jets can build on. 1-3 looks like a season killer if you are talking about playoff hopes. How do you get from 1-3 to win 10 games, which will probably be necessary?

In other words, next week we'll know a whole lot more than now.

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I would slap you down with a pithy comeback, but every time I say anything even borderline tasteless on these forums I get people wanting me banned. :mad:

Just no appreciation of me. I'm going to go and start a thread. :cool:

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Go ahead, it is a free country. Start all the threads you want.:beer:

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

His might not be, I don't know. :smile:

9. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I would, but I have a cupboard full of poor people at home who big me up in exchange for a morsel of food twice a week, so I don't require electronic adulation.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Didn't know they had that kind of thing in Scotland. Is it some sort of government program?

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Yup, technically they are employed, so it keeps the unemployment figures low.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Excellent. Good luck with that.

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Thanks. I do find it rewarding.

14. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I agree, but Favre's a bad example. I've been of the opinion that trading for Favre was a mistake since before he unretired.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You have to lower your expectations and try and get laid more.

16. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Dude...You're entitled to your opinions, just like I am....But if u don't wanna get ur hopes up 2 high, then just keep reading my threads & you'll stay more in-touch with the Jets' reality.

Though some don't agree & some rudely disagree with my observations, they are usually at least 90% correct.

This Chargers game proved that u can't expect to have a solid 3-4 defense with only 1 real NT on your roster. Pouha is too lite & better suited as DE. Jets' have no real NT other than Jenkins, & that is why I wished Jets drafted NT/DT Atayh Rubin Iowa St....who was still available when the Jets picked in round 5...instead the Jets selected QB Ainge....what a waste.

The issues of...How do u go into season with only 2 active RB's on roster & 1 NT on roster.....This is flawed & folly from the start. Doomed for demise. What can I tell u but....enjoy the good with the bad. Hopefully Jets draft & sign more positional needs next season.

Example: Pats' have at least 3 NT's....Wilfork, Warren & Seymour. All capable of manning the NT position & all have done it.
    Browns....They have at least 3 NT's on roster. The Jets have only 1...They are really pretenders, not true contenders. Gotta give the Jets' organization time. We all have to share in the growing pains .....T-O-G-E-T-H-E-R...

17. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Far from it. This is only week 4. Jets' can sustain at least 6 losses for the season & still be potentially playoff eligible. Now if the Jets have 5 losses after just 8 games....then I'll start to look at the draft.

Really have to examine this wole Brett Favre signing & is he gonna stay for at least 3 years & how much will the back-up QB's have actually learned from him. I like Ratliff & Clemens & really like Ratliff alot. Lets get some more beef upfront on OL & DL....thats what I like.

18. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

:rofl::wink:

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

When has that ever worked with any fan of this team, hello.

EDIT: Didn't see the point of creating another post. Back-edits work.

My rabid Jets fan friend Vinnie, this is the email I woke up to on Tuesday...

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:54 AM
    To jetophile

In the words of Bon Jovi...It's all the same, only the names change, every day, I feel it slipping away...

Oh, the pain!! I am a jets fan...Why!?!?!? YOU CANT MAKE IT UP.

Vinnie repairs custom guitars. He's got his own workshop at home now. Coolest thing ever.

#39 jetophile, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hemi: You've obviously been a fan for a long time. No fan of any other football team understands the extreme pain this team inflicts...no, not even that. It's HOW they inflict it. You can't script it.

Only Jets fans can HATE the Jets. Because we hate with love. And see, this is why I've never seen Championjets69 as an irritant. He isn't. Although admittedly he should be Championjets68, but I guess he was grumpier than usual the day he registered.

I "hate" the Jets because I've earned it. And I'd never leave them. Even though they beat me up, make my dinner taste like sawdust, and will make me die of natural causes long before my time. OK, I think it's been clarified now.